2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

19 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Yeah it's good news which is why we won't hear it

Also it's very unlikely Biden is up by 4 nationally (right in line with 2020 popular vote result) and losing every single swing state.  Which means - which polls are right? 

If Biden wins by 4 points nationally, it's going to be extremely similar to 2020, with maybe one or two states moving. Not 6 of them. 

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Logically you'd think this based on the antivax and conspiracy theory stuff but polls show it's pretty evenly split, if not a little worse for Biden. I have no doubt some of that are disaffected and/or low info Democrats that will come home. How many don't? That's the million dollar question.

Trump's gotten 46% of the popular vote twice and is likely to fall in line with that again. His support has a low ceiling, but a high floor given the cult of personality. I don't imagine RFK ultimately peels off too many Trumpers because of the cult element. If RFK gets an electorally significant number of votes, it's because of defected D/independents, which hurts Biden.

Just as DeSantis did, RFK will peel off Trumpers who like a lot of what Trump says, but are not happy that he claims credit for the COVID vaccines and supported shutting down some stuff until he didn’t.  Those people admired that DeSantis went against the feds, tried to keep everything as wide open as he could, and has a surgeon general who keeps saying stupid shit against vaccines.

9 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Bingo.

I remember watching an interview with Bob Dole before the 2020 election and he was a Trumper.  He died in December 2021 and to my knowledge never spoke out about what happened on January 6th.   That the rank and file GOP leadership has pretty much stood on the sideline and let Trump continue to dismantle the party and our political process is so depressing.

Dole was an early representative of Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska who was later deeply intertwined with Paul Manafort and the Trump campaign.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/ncna1285565

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm pretty sure people like him, who have become vocal never trumpers, most of them are mostly just pissed that their power within the Repulican party has been wildly diminished. Not that they actually give a fuck. 

I Guess If You Say So GIF

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How do you think this gets captured in their internal polling?

"THAT'S A VOTE FOR TRUMP!" - GOP pollster

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what that tells me is people are aware of their local situation but know fuck all about other states or the country as a whole

My state's economy is great.  It's the $20 minimum wage in California ruining the country!!! 

Classic Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Rand Paul must be investing heavily in cat food.

Well, he's already cornered the market in having a punchable face and being the recipient of the most justified ass-kicking ever, so he's a fucking investment genius if you ask me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I really don’t care why anyone thinks Biden voters will vote en masse for RFK. As soon as he opens his mouth, it’s obvious he’s not a Dem. The “Kennedy mystique” isn’t a thing anymore. When Joe Kennedy couldn’t win a primary in Massachusetts with that name 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I really don’t care why anyone thinks Biden voters will vote en masse for RFK. As soon as he opens his mouth, it’s obvious he’s not a Dem. The “Kennedy mystique” isn’t a thing anymore. When Joe Kennedy couldn’t win a primary in Massachusetts with that name 

Well at least RFK, Jr. didn't kill anybody.  Yet.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Also, I never subscribed in the first place and sure as shit didn’t consent to receiving texts. So where could they have gotten my number, and could they have legally texted me?

If that's a real screen grab above, then it seems like you have experience in freely posting your number onto the WWW.

14 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Trump has seen nearly 2 billion dollars in losses since his Trump Media merger. Shares went as high as 79.38 on March 26 and now closed at 40.49 today

That's still about 40 dollars more than it is worth

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

"THAT'S A VOTE FOR TRUMP!" - GOP pollster

My state's economy is great.  It's the $20 minimum wage in California ruining the country!!! 

Classic Reaction GIF

I paid almost $10 for a Carl’s Jr. Superstar (double cheeseburger) last week. $20/hour is no joke. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I paid almost $10 for a Carl’s Jr. Superstar (double cheeseburger) last week. $20/hour is no joke. 

Set for pick up in Sacramento 

IMG_6046.thumb.png.8a200c1b3645a2143d55f057c0dd3438.png

IMG_6047.png

For comparison, in 1980 a Big Mac cost $1.60 which is $6.03 in 2024 money.   Prices for burgers are essentially unchanged from 40yrs ago.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Superhero said:

$6 burger doesn't exist anymore. Even their most basic burger is $6.99. 

image.png.470e024596651c03cc5c1b04afd414d6.png

Look 3 posts up.  That is from today in California.  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Haha 1