2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

37 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

In the same article/conversation those Noem comments were made the other talking head said that Cruz would be the VP pick to "shore up Hispanic support."

• Haha 5

All I see today in Maga world is roostering around crowing about the alleged 50 million Trump brought in in his fundraiser.   There are two things about this: the first is that Trump always lies, and so no one can know the actual number. There is a difference between pledged and cash on hand in any fundraiser. The second thing is that Reuters shares this tiny tidbit with us.
”The dinner, hosted at billionaire hedge fund manager John Paulson's Palm Beach home, will allocate a portion of the money to be raised to a fund that has spent tens of millions of dollars on Trump's legal fees.”

lol. The Trump campaign is not gonna see much of that money. It is going to his legal fees.  By saying “a portion” instead of a percentage that makes stealing 99% for his legal fees non-fraudulent.  Because a shit ton portion is still a portion.

And in any event, this, plus the money sucked out of the RNC will not be for down ballot races, or in state organization.   it looks like Trump’s get out the vote efforts will be him sitting in Florida telling people not to send in mail in ballots, but be sure to show up to the polls on election day.

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

All I see today in Maga world is roostering around crowing about the alleged 50 million Trump brought in in his fundraiser.   There are two things about this: the first is that Trump always lies, and so no one can know the actual number. There is a difference between pledged and cash on hand in any fundraiser. The second thing is that Reuters shares this tiny tidbit with us.
”The dinner, hosted at billionaire hedge fund manager John Paulson's Palm Beach home, will allocate a portion of the money to be raised to a fund that has spent tens of millions of dollars on Trump's legal fees.”

lol. The Trump campaign is not gonna see much of that money. It is going to his legal fees.  By saying “a portion” instead of a percentage that makes stealing 99% for his legal fees non-fraudulent.  Because a shit ton portion is still a portion.

And in any event, this, plus the money sucked out of the RNC will not be for down ballot races, or in state organization.   it looks like Trump’s get out the vote efforts will be him sitting in Florida telling people not to send in mail in ballots, but be sure to show up to the polls on election day.

lol @ $50M

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

sure they raised $50m. But it wasn’t just the Trump Campaign, but also state parties, RNC and his PACs. Like said, most of it is going to legal fees. Not much to make up the $100m COH deficit 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, but what this RNC raise cycle presupposes is what if it was spent on ads in swing states, about Trump's legal battles.  

All these big PAC's, they write off everything.  

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That's a fucking stupid plan but they could certainly effectively tilt swing states to Trump without getting much of the vote.

What group of dem voters does that dipshit appeal to? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

38 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That's a fucking stupid plan but they could certainly effectively tilt swing states to Trump without getting much of the vote.

33 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's not going to work. He's going to cost Trump votes.

24 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What group of dem voters does that dipshit appeal to? 

The Qanon idiots are lapping up what he’s selling, and none of them would hav ever voted D.  Hell, a lot of them were DeSantis supporters as well, since he was the Trumpy Republican pushing back against vaccines.  And a lot of these people weren’t voting for anybody prior to Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I don't understand why every damn thing says he hurts Biden more than Trump. Make it make sense!!

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

His name.

The media also wants a close race.  I don’t care what the polls say, I’m seeing a lot of Trumpers from 2016/2020 who are just not enthusiastic about Trump, not buying. We merch, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The media also wants a close race.  I don’t care what the polls say, I’m seeing a lot of Trumpers from 2016/2020 who are just not enthusiastic about Trump, not buying. We merch, etc.

It's so annoying.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's not going to work. He's going to cost Trump votes.

I can't figure out the people saying he hurts Biden more.  He's a fucking moron who appeals to morons.  Does Trump or Biden appeal to more morons?  The more RFK puts out shit like 'Jan 6 was fine' the more it hurts Trump.  Keep it up you stupid fuck.  I've already had several stable geniuses tell me, 'you're a moron if you vote for Biden OR Trump'.  Then I encourage them by saying 'yes, at least there's a legit third choice!' at which time they go off about their savior RFK.  MOARRRR

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I can't figure out the people saying he hurts Biden more.  He's a fucking moron who appeals to morons.  Does Trump or Biden appeal to more morons?  The more RFK puts out shit like 'Jan 6 was fine' the more it hurts Trump.  Keep it up you stupid fuck.  I've already had several stable geniuses tell me, 'you're a moron if you vote for Biden OR Trump'.  Then I encourage them by saying 'yes, at least there's a legit third choice!' at which time they go off about their savior RFK.  MOARRRR

It helps that Trump’s ego still wants to claim credit for the speed of the vaccine development. Yeah, RFK may have been a Kennedy and had a background as an environmental lawyer, but then again Trump was a longtime Democrat from libtard paradise New York City, draft dodger who shit all over Vietnam vets and Gold Star families, and friend of the Clintons and Jeffrey Epstein, so MAGA gives no fucks about your past as long as you say the right thing.

And right now, RFK is drawing hard on the MAGA/Qanon playbook. I don’t think he can match Trump’s intensity and could get non-voters to necessarily show up, but he doesn’t have to - Trump has done the groundwork to get these people out, RFK up just has to come in and clean up. RFK is going to get the DeSantis folks and Qanon idiots because plenty of them are wanting somebody who actually walks the walk about vaccines and batshit conspiracies and the J6 morons, and Trump doesn’t quite get there (which is why DeSantis even got anybody out to support him).

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not sure what it means, But the trepidation and nervousness in her voice is glaring.  Like she knows “I shouldn’t be saying any of this but my ass depends in it.”   

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i mean...if this could be spread far and wide to the maga universe with the message 'watch this to see how voting for Bobby can help get Trump back!' wouldn't that...be bad for Trump? 

200w.gif

On 4/6/2024 at 7:26 PM, tx 3 putt said:

This is how numb we have become to the shitstain. Accused of raping a 13 year old and not a single comment about it. Instead we are discussing how a 3rd party Qanon candidate will affect the election. Is the MSM talking about the rape suit?

• Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)

The main risk that RFK poses for Biden is if RFK only focuses on the states where Biden has a small lead. Then he could look to find a way to steal votes from Biden by being the "none of the above" candidate. 

EDIT: You know there are a certain percent of voters who will take the unknown over the known. For example, look at the For-Brexit voters who were in shock when Brexit was selected by the voters. For some of them, it seemed like they only wanted to express their opinion against the status quo. They really didn't want Brexit to happen. I'm basically describing idiots. And it's always important to remember that half of Americans are below the median intelligence.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The main risk that RFK poses for Biden is if RFK only focuses on the states where Biden has a small lead. Then he could look to find a way to steal votes from Biden by being the "none of the above" candidate. 

aaaaaand they're going after New York, lmao

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This is the case in most major polls. He takes from both candidates and it's common for Biden to be on the losing end of that.

Everyone's focused on the antivax, conspricary theory bits that draws some former Trumpers, but there are plenty of relatively apathetic voters that went for Biden last time, don't care for either candidate now, and are liable to case a vote for him. RFK isn't going to get 10%, I'm not super worried about low info Democrats voting RFK; they will come home as they check in. It's the independents for whom RFK will serve as a protest vote that is concerning given his instant name recognition.

• Hook 'Em 1

Biden campaign needs to make known to all of these fucking morons that if you cast your vote for someone not named Biden, then you're just casting a vote for Dotard. It's not a protest vote. You're helping to reelect the guy who is telling us he'll be a dictator. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

By that same token, it would seem like a focused specialty PAC effort in those states would be sufficient to kill any real Biden losses.  My sense is that the people that might vote for RFK Jr. instead of Biden are the low info voters that are just relying on his name.  Getting all of the Kennedy family together on an ad saying "Don't vote for this loon - his dad and uncle would be embarrassed as fuck by him" is all it would take.

• Hook 'Em 1

Who could have predicted this?

The Republican National Committee is experiencing a host of problems in the wake of its takeover by allies of Donald Trump, causing his campaign to privately admonish the RNC's new leaders over their performance. Now, insiders are saying the MAGA takeover of the RNC has partly backfired and the consequences will be far-reaching.

Just days after the organization's new chair Michael Whatley and new co-chair Lara Trump were elected, entire teams were informed by email that they could reapply for their jobs or else be terminated. In their subsequent job interviews, the staffers were reportedly asked questions such as whether they thought the 2020 election was stolen — an attempt to weed out anyone who was not completely loyal to Trump.

But according to a new report from The Guardian, some staffers who had previously been on crucial teams refused to return and serve under the RNC's new MAGA leadership, leaving the organization "without people with deep knowledge of election operations at the Republican party’s central committee, and who were willing to work for salaries far lower than what they could earn in the private sector."

Now it's looking like the Trump takeover of the RNC has done some damage, leaving the organization's data team lacking crucial talent.

Also upsetting staffers were the questions posed to them as they reapplied for their jobs. Some thought that being questioned over their beliefs about the 2020 election showed that Trump's allies would always have a target on their backs.

Nevertheless, as The Guardian points out, Trump had his best fundraising month this year after his RNC takeover, pulling in over $65 million in March, giving Trump, the RNC and their shared accounts over $93 million in cash, effectively narrowing the money gap with the President Joe Biden's campaign.

https://www.rawstory.com/rnc-takeover/

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Who could have predicted this?

The Republican National Committee is experiencing a host of problems in the wake of its takeover by allies of Donald Trump, causing his campaign to privately admonish the RNC's new leaders over their performance. Now, insiders are saying the MAGA takeover of the RNC has partly backfired and the consequences will be far-reaching.
Just days after the organization's new chair Michael Whatley and new co-chair Lara Trump were elected, entire teams were informed by email that they could reapply for their jobs or else be terminated. In their subsequent job interviews, the staffers were reportedly asked questions such as whether they thought the 2020 election was stolen — an attempt to weed out anyone who was not completely loyal to Trump.
  But according to a new report from The Guardian, some staffers who had previously been on crucial teams refused to return and serve under the RNC's new MAGA leadership, leaving the organization "without people with deep knowledge of election operations at the Republican party’s central committee, and who were willing to work for salaries far lower than what they could earn in the private sector."
Now it's looking like the Trump takeover of the RNC has done some damage, leaving the organization's data team lacking crucial talent.

Also upsetting staffers were the questions posed to them as they reapplied for their jobs. Some thought that being questioned over their beliefs about the 2020 election showed that Trump's allies would always have a target on their backs.

Nevertheless, as The Guardian points out, Trump had his best fundraising month this year after his RNC takeover, pulling in over $65 million in March, giving Trump, the RNC and their shared accounts over $93 million in cash, effectively narrowing the money gap with the President Joe Biden's campaign.

“Now it looks like the Trump takeover of the RNC has done some damage.”

You. Don’t. Fucking. Say.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:
1 hour ago, dcbc said:

LOL until Trump's legal fees take about 85% of that

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

“Now it looks like the Trump takeover of the RNC has done some damage.”

You. Don’t. Fucking. Say.

All of that money is going to try to get Trump elected and/or going to pay off Trump legal bills. He and his family do not give a shit if every other down ballot Republican loses…at least if it means Trump has to give them some of the money.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, mchookem said:

i mean...if this could be spread far and wide to the maga universe with the message 'watch this to see how voting for Bobby can help get Trump back!' wouldn't that...be bad for Trump? 

200w.gif

“A vote for RFK is a vote for TRUMP!!!”

Nevertheless, as The Guardian points out, Trump had his best fundraising month this year after his RNC takeover, pulling in over $65 million in March, giving Trump, the RNC and their shared accounts over $93 million in cash, effectively narrowing the money gap with the President Joe Biden's campaign

My question is whether Biden bought up all the advertising spaces when he had the money and the Orange Shit Gibbon didn’t. It doesn’t make any difference how much money you have if someone has already bought the ad spaces on the best venues and times.