Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's really frustrating that someone w/ so much fucking money is so goddamned stupid. 

At this point I could say that about a lot of people with money. Many of them were in the PayPal Mafia. The fact that they called themselves the mafia should have been the tell. 

The biggest problem is that these people (and their fanbois) confuse luck with talent. Make no mistake - it took a little bit of talent to get positioned where they were. But them striking it ultra rich was luck. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

a8e2def1-af79-4f1b-9632-de59660c2866.png

He honestly believes his lack of attention span is a good thing while the Cybertruck is out there rolling around, a monument to half-baked, under-developed, unfinished ideas.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's really frustrating that someone w/ so much fucking money is so goddamned stupid. 

Not as frustrating as seeing someone who is pretty fucking smart working at a job where their intelligence is pushed aside for a stupid asshole like Elon Musk. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

a8e2def1-af79-4f1b-9632-de59660c2866.png

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I think that's called ADHD.

57 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That's not genius, that's just ADHD (plus all the drugs he's on).

Seriously.  "SQUIRREL!  I can think about a lot of things, all of them in an utterly ill-informed, half-assed way!" isn't the flex that he thinks it is.

FFS, I'm a pretty smart guy.  I actually do shift my thinking from subject to subject (from case to case or issue to issue), by necessity, on a regular basis.  And....IT SUCKS.  It is inefficient, and leads to incomplete thoughts and sometimes erroneous thinking.  My thinking is much, much better when I stick with a task at hand and think it through.  That's how all brains work.  The fact that you can think about 20 things in quick sequence?  Cool, I do that too.  But what can you ACCOMPLISH with respect to any/all of those things?  THAT is the relevant question.  He doesn't answer it.

Well, he has answered it.  By his results.  The Cybertruck.  Firing masses of people actually essential for his core business, etc.  Half-assed thinking yields shitty results. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Based on Elon's past timeline predictions we should probably add a zero to the end of all these numbers. 

Less than 5 years for uncrewed

You know, the US has landed shit on Mars for decades uncrewed.  So...yeah.

curiosity-mars-rover-ROVER0620-9ff62dfd1

120412-VikingPhoto-hmed-1055a_files.jpg

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 7

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

You know, the US landed men on the moon 55 years ago and the current staff is no where close to returning.  So... yeah.

Hell, I know that.  But Elon can throw out that line and millions will believe it's never been done and he's the only person that can get something "uncrewed"
to Mars.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hell, I know that.  But Elon can throw out that line and millions will believe it's never been done and he's the only person that can get something "uncrewed"
to Mars.

We are in complete agreement, my dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

At this point I could say that about a lot of people with money. Many of them were in the PayPal Mafia. The fact that they called themselves the mafia should have been the tell. 

The biggest problem is that these people (and their fanbois) confuse luck with talent. Make no mistake - it took a little bit of talent to get positioned where they were. But them striking it ultra rich was luck. 

Starting a successful car company from the ground up is one of the hardest things to do, not only did Elon do that, he created the the first EVs for mass consumption while also laying the foundation for their use with the Supercharger network. He followed that up with SpaceX — launching rockets into space, which I hear is pretty hard to do. To say that his accomplishments are mostly due to luck is ridiculous.

Let’s be real here, y’all hate him because he owns Twitter. This thread didn’t blow up until he did. I don’t own a Tesla but I do spend a lot of time on Twitter. I appreciate what he is done to remove the censorship that plagued it in the past. Twitter still drives conversation for sports and politics and makes up a large percentage of posts on this site. Remember all the hype about Threads last summer from the same haters here. We don’t hear much about Threads anymore because it sucks. Anyone who prefers a Zuckerberg owned product over Twitter needs to have their head examined.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You know, the US landed men on the moon 55 years ago and the current staff is no where close to returning.  So... yeah.

Cue the "the moon landing was a hoax" folks in 3...2...1...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Cue the "the moon landing was a hoax" folks in 3...2...1...

Yesterday at work a guy I never would have suspected of being a nutter matter-of-factly stated "Of course the moon landing was a hoax.  You think they got to the moon with less computing power than today's phones; yet we can't get back now?"  

• Rage+1 1

Also on this comment about being lucky - this was much less about Tesla (and in fact zero about Tesla) and more about the start that these guys had way back at PayPal. They were luckily at the right place at the right time and it turned into a pile of money. And furthermore - these guys had stuff that a lot of people don't have -capital to get this all started from home, family, friends. These guys started on 3rd base and thought how great they were when they crossed the plate to score.

• Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Based on Elon's past timeline predictions we should probably add a zero to the end of all these numbers. 

Complete fucking bullshit. This guy is an idiot, and anybody who believes his horseshit, I've got a cybertruck to sell you. 

There is no way that there is a functioning "city" on Mars within the next 100 years. Couple of dudes in a "habitat" rotating out every year or so maybe. 

Any habitation on mars will be 100% reliant on Earth for food, supplies, equipment, water, whatever for hundreds of years.  If Earth pops off in a nuclear war or some other civilization ending event occurs, everybody on Mars will starve once their dehydrated refried beans run out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No, I hate him because he's become a red-pilled useful idiot. 

Please explain. Who do you think is pulling his strings as their useful idiot? The Republican Party, Nick Fuentes, who?

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Elon was one of the first investors into Tesla and was actively involved before they produced their first EV car. That’s a founder in my book.

Is this a coloring book? The free kind they give out at Shoneys?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Starting a successful car company from the ground up is one of the hardest things to do, not only did Elon do that, he created the the first EVs for mass consumption while also laying the foundation for their use with the Supercharger network. He followed that up with SpaceX — launching rockets into space, which I hear is pretty hard to do. To say that his accomplishments are mostly due to luck is ridiculous.

Let’s be real here, y’all hate him because he owns Twitter. This thread didn’t blow up until he did. I don’t own a Tesla but I do spend a lot of time on Twitter. I appreciate what he is done to remove the censorship that plagued it in the past. Twitter still drives conversation for sports and politics and makes up a large percentage of posts on this site. Remember all the hype about Threads last summer from the same haters here. We don’t hear much about Threads anymore because it sucks. Anyone who prefers a Zuckerberg owned product over Twitter needs to have their head examined.

Anthony Carrigan Barry GIF by HBO

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Please explain. Who do you think is pulling his strings as their useful idiot? The Republican Party, Nick Fuentes, who?

He's pulling his own strings.

He's a narcissist.  Narcissists thrive on slavish adoration.  And it's less about the volume/number of adoring parties than it is about the degree of adoration among the adoring parties.  So, narcissists seek out audiences/groups who are likely to deliver what they need.  That slot is easily filled by the "redpill/incel/groyper" type crowd.

Elon needed something: knob-slobbering adoration.  He gets it by saying things that the knob-slobbering crowd loves to hear.  And that crowd LOVES hearing someone more powerful than them say what they are thinking/believe, because it gives them validation -- "see, we're not stupid!  ELON AGREES WITH US!  That means we think just like a super brain genius does!"

It's no much more complicated than a politician telling a crowd of UT students "It's great to be here at the GREATEST university in the state of Texas!" to get their adoring cheers....and then saying the EXACT same line to a crowd of aggy students later that afternoon.  It's about getting the adoration.

That you don't see yourself as one of the knob-slobberers is one of the least surprising things ever revealed on this board.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 7

55 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Goddamn, just sit this out.

Or stick around, so we can all mock you.  

40 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Elon was one of the first investors into Tesla and was actively involved before they produced their first EV car. That’s a founder in my book.

I love how he sued so that he could be called a co-founder

Founding (2003–2004)

The company was incorporated as Tesla Motors, Inc. on July 1, 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.[8][9] They served as CEO and CFO, respectively.[10] Eberhard said that he wanted to build "a car manufacturer that is also a technology company", with its core technologies as "the battery, the computer software, and the proprietary motor".[11]

Ian Wright was Tesla's third employee, joining a few months later.[8] In February 2004, the company raised US$7.5 million (equivalent to $12 million in 2023) in series A funding, including $6.5 million (equivalent to $10 million in 2023) from Elon Musk, who had received $100 million from the sale of his interest in PayPal two years earlier. Musk became the chairman of the board of directors and the largest shareholder of Tesla.[12][13][10] J. B. Straubel joined Tesla in May 2004 as chief technical officer.[14]

A lawsuit settlement agreed to by Eberhard and Tesla in September 2009 allows all five – Eberhard, Tarpenning, Wright, Musk, and Straubel – to call themselves co-founders.[15]

Roadster (2005–2009)

Elon Musk took an active role within the company, but was not deeply involved in day-to-day business operations.[16] The company's strategy was to start with a premium sports car aimed at early adopters and then move into more mainstream vehicles, including sedans and affordable compacts.[17]

In February 2006, Musk led Tesla's Series B venture capital funding round of $13 million, which added Valor Equity Partners to the funding team.[18][13] Musk co-led the third, $40 million round in May 2006 which saw investment from prominent entrepreneurs including Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, and former eBay President Jeff Skoll.[19] A fourth round worth $45 million in May 2007 brought the total private financing investment to over $105 million.[19]

In August 2007, Eberhard was asked by the board, led by Elon Musk, to step down as CEO.[20] Eberhard then took the title of "President of Technology" before ultimately leaving the company in January 2008. Co-founder Marc Tarpenning, who served as the Vice President of Electrical Engineering of the company, also left the company in January 2008.[21] In August 2007, Michael Marks was brought in as interim CEO, and in December 2007, Ze'ev Drori became CEO and President.[22] Musk succeeded Drori as CEO in October 2008.[22] In June 2009, Eberhard filed a lawsuit against Musk for allegedly forcing him out.[23] The case was dismissed in August 2009.[24]

Tesla began production of the Roadster in 2008 inside the service bays of a former Chevrolet dealership in Menlo Park.[25][26] By January 2009, Tesla had raised $187 million and delivered 147 cars. Musk had contributed $70 million of his own money to the company.[27]

In June 2009, Tesla was approved to receive $465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy. The funding, part of the $8 billion Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, supported the engineering and production of the Model S sedan, as well as the development of commercial powertrain technology.[28] Tesla repaid the loan in May 2013, with $12 million in interest.[29][30]

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Let’s be real here, y’all hate him because he owns Twitter. 

Am I an Elon hipster because I started hating him back when I figured out he was a huckster playing 3 Card Monte w/ SolarCity and Tesla?  Or when he was blatantly lying about The Boring Company?  I mean, I definitely hate him because of the Twitter purchase/ruination as well, but it's not like it was a new thing.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's a narcissist.  Narcissists thrive on slavish adoration.  And it's less about the volume/number of adoring parties than it is about the degree of adoration among the adoring parties.  So, narcissists seek out audiences/groups who are likely to deliver what they need.  That slot is easily filled by the "redpill/incel/groyper" type crowd.

Elon needed something: knob-slobbering adoration.  He gets it by saying things that the knob-slobbering crowd loves to hear.  And that crowd LOVES hearing someone more powerful than them say what they are thinking/believe, because it gives them validation -- "see, we're not stupid!  ELON AGREES WITH US!  That means we think just like a super brain genius does!"

It's no much more complicated than a politician telling a crowd of UT students "It's great to be here at the GREATEST university in the state of Texas!" to get their adoring cheers....and then saying the EXACT same line to a crowd of aggy students later that afternoon.  It's about getting the adoration.

That you don't see yourself as one of the knob-slobberers is one of the least surprising things ever revealed on this board.

I slob his knob when it comes to Twitter. That’s the only product of his that I use. I think changing the name of Twitter to X was stupid as hell. No one calls it X.

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I slob his knob when it comes to Twitter. That’s the only product of his that I use. I think changing the name of Twitter to X was stupid as hell. No one calls it X.

It was one of the the laziest and most musk-like things he did with the acquisition. If you go to x.com it resolves to twitter.com lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Changing it from Twitter to X is a classic Musk move, just absolutely idiotic.  Also dumb, giving any idiot a bluecheck for $8 a month and boosting their idiocy.   Then you have the barrage of bots, everywhere, in your mentions, in every reply.   This was never the case until this dolt took over.   Then the ads, non-stop stream of shit, crappy dropship junk, scams, nutjob conservative politicians and conspiracy peddlers.    This is where Lists comes in handy, I have several different lists I use almost 95% of the time, why?   You get fed none of his 5th-rate ads if you use a list ZERO ads, vs the Followers/For You tab.   You simply pin the lists, and they sit right up top for you click on.

The only positive post-Musk taking over is community notes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

What the fuck.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-s-cyberhammer-makes-sense-if-you-hit-yourself-wit-1851478583

Despite, well, not being that tough, a big chunk of the Tesla Cybertruck’s perceived value is that it is super duper tough. The automaker seems to have realized this is a winning marketing strategy, so it decided to introduce a new product called the CyberHammer. Much like the truck, it’s just for show.

It’s meant to commemorate the Cybertruck’s unveiling 1,000 years ago when design chief Franz von Holzhausen took a sledgehammer to the site of the stainless steel truck to demonstrate its “toughness.” The spectacle clearly worked on the Tesla faithful. Anyway, just 800 of these hammers were built at $700 a pop, and I’m sorry to report that they’re already out of stock on Tesla’s website. If you’re a freak who wants one of these things anyway, head over to eBay. They’re being sold anywhere between $1,000 and $4,000. Good lord.

The hammer itself was designed in Tesla’s design studio and is made of steel, according to the automaker. Its head comes with a laser etching of von Holzhausen’s signature that makes the CyberHammer “a true collectible.” Sure, bud. Sure.

I’m going to guess at this point that you are probably not a fan of the CyberHammer – much like me. It seems very weird and pointless, doesn’t it? Well, folks. It gets even dumber. At the bottom of Tesla’s webpage is a short message that lets everyone know what the CyberHammer is all about.

Note: Do not strike hard surfaces with CyberHammer. Intended for display or gym use.

cf3fdebab9e1fc2a409dc62f15eedb9b.jpg

https://shop.tesla.com/product/cyberhammer

READY OR NOT, IT’S HAMMER TIME. NOW AVAILABLE TO A WIDER AUDIENCE, OUR LIMITED-RELEASE CYBERHAMMER COMMEMORATES THE CYBERTRUCK UNVEILING WHEN FRANZ USED A SLEDGEHAMMER TO SHOW THE TOUGHNESS OF THE VEHICLE’S STAINLESS-STEEL EXOSKELETON. DESIGNED BY TESLA DESIGN STUDIO AND MADE OF STEEL, CYBERHAMMER FEATURES A LASER ETCHING OF FRANZ’S SIGNATURE ON THE HEAD THAT MAKES THIS PIECE A TRUE COLLECTIBLE.

ONLY 800 HAMMERS BUILT - AVAILABLE ON TESLA SHOP AND THROUGH THE TESLA REFER AND EARN PROGRAM. CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY INCLUDED. LIMIT ONE PER TESLA ACCOUNT.

NOTE: DO NOT STRIKE HARD SURFACES WITH CYBERHAMMER. INTENDED FOR DISPLAY OR GYM USE. CYBERHAMMER IS FINAL SALE.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

anna-kendrick-boom-cxseppixhcyxplqs.webp 

Would Macklemore really ever slobber knob?

But seriously, going back to the point I hate Musk for owning Twitter - negative ghost rider. I hate Musk for:

• Consistently overpromising and under delivering
  • Being a liar about so many thing, like founding Tesla
  • Becoming red pilled and swallowing so much conspiracy bullshit 
  • Generally morphing into an asshole in the past few years, most of it post twitter acquisition, but he was starting to do it before buying it up too.
  • Hook 'Em 2