Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

24 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

How do you not know the reaction you’re going to get to that and how do you not have X in a prime spot on your Home Screen as it’s ceo?

Because the entire operation is a half-assed shitshow dumpster fire.  Seriously, it's the explanation for everything.  Imagine putting a sociopathic toddler with ADD in charge of a multibillion dollar enterprise.  This is exactly the result that you'd get.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've lived in Texas my entire life and have been to the border multiple times in multiple places.  I have never once worn a cowboy hat.

Well, sure....because you're not EXTREME HARDCORE.  X.  X IS COOL.  Duh.

Holy fuck that full interview is so funny. She's a lunatic and I am in no way exaggerating. I've met so many impressive women executives over the years and she wouldn't be in the top 500.

"I was supposed to put an X on the back of my cheat notes before the interview but I didn't have time."

"Linda, do you have statistics you can share such as mDAU that backs up how successful you're saying the platform is?" Very slowly she replies: "I'll give you ....personal...specific...numbers...which demonstrate part of the growth at X!"

"Okay Linda but what about the statistics I cited just a couple minutes ago showing X is barely in the top 100 downloads behind even Samsung Clock?" "Which numbers??"

I couldn't watch it all in one sitting. Maybe there's a transcript somewhere, it'd be gold.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Holy fuck that full interview is so funny. She's a lunatic and I am in no way exaggerating. I've met so many impressive women executives over the years and she wouldn't be in the top 500.

"I was supposed to put an X on the back of my cheat notes before the interview but I didn't have time."

"Linda, do you have statistics you can share such as mDAU that backs up how successful you're saying the platform is?" Very slowly she replies: "I'll give you ....personal...specific...numbers...which demonstrate part of the growth at X!"

"Okay Linda but what about the statistics I cited just a couple minutes ago showing X is barely in the top 100 downloads behind even Samsung Clock?" "Which numbers??"

I couldn't watch it all in one sitting. Maybe there's a transcript somewhere, it'd be gold.

bunch of quotes here

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/09/what-x-ceo-linda-yaccarino-claimed-at-the-code-conference.html

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Yeah I was wrong. That article attempts to describe how detached she was from the subject matter but in the magazine's defense you can't say "appears batshit crazy" in a respectable publication. A skilled communicator who doesn't want to answer a particular question would redefine the question and provide a strong answer that tangentially addresses it, but Yacc bumbles her way through things, can't get basic facts right, contradicts herself multiple times, has her fingers on her face, looks askance at her note card and tries but fails to play to an audience that clearly wasn't at all enthused about her. I thought there were at least two genuine laugh out loud moments.

She desperately needs a new stylist. She has way too much going on with her outfit, inside-out seams on her jacket, chunky jewelry all over the place, and an unwelcome (for my eyes anyway) full view of her cleavage. Yikes.

It's also funny that Yacc got sideswiped by an unexpected interview by Kara Swisher of Yoel Roth, and even though she asked for a couple hours of extra time to recover, she was still a total wreck. This article has the behind the scenes stuff

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/was-linda-yaccarino-sandbagged-what-happened-behind-the-scenes-at-the-x-ceos-disastrous-coming-out-party/ar-AA1hq4ek

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

She desperately needs a new stylist. She has way too much going on with her outfit, inside-out seams on her jacket, chunky jewelry all over the place, and an unwelcome (for my eyes anyway) full view of her cleavage. Yikes.

Ok now. I will not hear criticism of exposed middle-aged cleavage.  Certain lines should not be crossed.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, texasdago said:

Showed my wife the Cybertruck video and aside from WTF, she said it looks like that Schwarzenegger movie about Mars.  

Yes... I'm seeing it... I imagine Cruise and Elon are in deep talks...

Haven’t thought of that movie in a long time. There’s only one thing I remember about it. Well three, technically. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, NoName said:

Elon really is the gift that keeps on giving

side note this gets my vote for the absolute worst beard in the entire united states at this very moment:

F7MvBFLWoAA6RCD?format=jpg&name=900x900

another side note but you aren't supposed to have that much room between the bottom of the hat and the top of your ears either. oh yeah, wool hat when it's like 92?

F7KhCD4XwAA4tRm?format=jpg&name=small

Looks great on you though!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nice hat Elmo

F7MVDUFXgAA8650?format=jpg&name=medium

He looks just like the special needs guy in our company dining facility that cleans tables.  I need to deck out my guy in an all black outfit, do some sort of live stream and grift the fuck out of the incels.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

image.thumb.png.a7c1a807e7877418d5f4ed8fbe1c5d7e.png

"When you think about how users are able to communicate to now watch video, soon to be able to transact, that is a whole experience where there is no surrogate today. There is no surrogate for X. So it's continually... I could sit here and answer your questions about 540 monthly active users or 225 daily active users but I'm not sure you're even asking me the right questions."

At this point I started looking for signs that she'd been drinking. (and yes to confirm she didn't say 540 "million" or whatever an accurate number would have been)

edit to add the interviewer's mesmerized look:

image.png.8b5015f4baaebf2037a6ffec7381e46d.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't want to sound racist, but Afrikaners are just really ugly people. 

That has not been my experience. BTW - wasn't Mini-Baller Afrikaaner? She was pretty cute IIRC, outside of the whole blood and soil worldview thing. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 9/27/2023 at 12:05 AM, MrBig said:

IMG_2477.thumb.jpeg.80a312f951e4d3a8e30ecac24e80f99f.jpeg

https://www.popsci.com/technology/cybertruck-cop-car/?amp

Here is what a Tesla Cybertruck cop car could look like

Concept art was revealed at a Las Vegas conference this week.

Andrew Paul Published Sep 22, 2023 1:15 PM EDT

Tesla’s Cybertruck isn’t even available to the public yet, but concept art for a Cybertruck cop-car made its appearance in Las Vegas on Wednesday. During a presentation by Oracleco-founder Larry Ellison at the data service giant’s CloudWork conference, a massive screen showed off the EV’s recognizable, angular design beneath red and blue emergency lights, as well as a bull bar and multiple Oracle logos.

But as Inside EVs noted on September 21, the rendering features misplaced bumper lights and rear wheels, while also missing the vehicle’s single, massive windshield wiper. Although this could indicate the project is early on in its development, Ellison promised its imminent debut.

“Our next generation police car is coming out very soon,” Ellison said to audible audience murmurs. “It’s my favorite police car. It’s my favorite car, actually. It’s Elon’s favorite car.” 

“Among other things, it’s very safe, very fast, it’s got a stainless steel body, and we don’t have to add a screen or cameras to it because we can actually use their existing cameras and existing screen to put our application on it,” Ellison continued.

Both Oracle and Tesla already work alongside law enforcement, providing cloud support software and electric vehicles, respectively, for forces in Wisconsin, California, and elsewhere. Ellison has also called Musk a “close friend” in the past, and previously saton Tesla’s board of directors. According to Ellison’s presentation, the first Oracle-integrated police cars already include voice-activated, retrofitted third-party “Tesla-like” screens, but the company plans to leverage the Cybertruck’s existing camera systems and monitors. 

First unveiled in 2019 and promised to arrive in 2021, Tesla has since delayed the Cybertruck multiple times while also increasing its estimated price tag. At last check, production and delivery were slated to begin by the end of 2023, although that deadline now appears dubious. During the EV’s debut event, Tesla vehicle designer Franz von Holzhausen threw metal balls at a prototype Cybertruck to demonstrate its “Armor Glass” windows, causing the driver side windows to shatter.

“The ball didn’t make it through,” Musk joked at the time.

80wnp1.jpg

• Haha 4