Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

13 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

True enough, but the real issue is that smart people will never offer you lots of praise for saying things that are fairly obviously true.  You have to be capable of genuine insight beyond the norm— and even really smart people can only offer that on certain topics they know about.  So you limit the praise you get. 

But stupid people will offer heaping amounts of praise for just saying the dumbest shit imaginable across the spectrum. And it’s much easier to be dumb about everything than it is to be smart about just a few things. So if you’re after affirmation, the smart play is to be a total gotdamn chowderhead. 

True enough. This also explains the IDW.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Man, seriously, this guy is unhinged. Seething hate? If you listened to their interview and came to that conclusion - I think you need to check yourself, not them. That's just some wild jump in logic.

Listen to the interview (post 14103 above), it's very even keel, very fair. This guy is losing it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Good on you guys for voting with your feet.

To those of you that continue to support Twitter and give revenue to Elon through your usage, shame on you. As much as I love this website, if imma were to sell it to a racist, hypocritical piece of shit I would have to part ways with this community and find an internet home somewhere else.

Either you decide to support evil or you don't. But coming here and pointing out how truly evil this guy and his agenda are while supporting both needs to stop.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

To those of you that continue to support Twitter and give revenue to Elon through your usage, shame on you. As much as I love this website, if imma were to sell it to a racist, hypocritical piece of shit I would have to part ways with this community and find an internet home somewhere else.

Either you decide to support evil or you don't. But coming here and pointing out how truly evil this guy and his agenda are while supporting both needs to stop.   

Don't worry, grumpyhorns.com will be waiting for you with open arms if imma loses the site to Elon or a daiquiri salesman 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I almost wish I'd used it more so my exit would be a little more meaningful. But either way, I won't even click on interesting links to x anymore. 

21 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I finally caught this, oh man this was a mess. She got totally skewered on this interview - it's really embarrassing. She was woefully prepared for this interview. She was trying to run out talking points, but was being asked real honest questions. Boorstin blows her up. And these aren't hard questions, these are things she should have been ready to answer, knew that were coming and had answers for. She doesn't even have basic number of like how many users Twitter has in a particular time period. It was super cringe.

And for someone that is talking about how exciting it is to work at Twitter because of how quickly you have to be able to move in real time - she demonstrated none of this.

And they are trying to play this off that Yoel Roth (former head of Twitter safety) was some gotcha booking for the conference - just no. Kara Swisher did his interview and Yaccarino was fully aware it was going to happen. They even were given a chance to do their interview before Roth went on. I would recommend this feed which has both back to back (though they were an hour or two apart in reality).

There's online chatter that this week Yaccarino has to meet with the 7 banks that hold the $13B in Twitter debt that Elon took out in buying Twitter. Do acquiring companies always shoulder the debt the acquirer took out to buy them? It's rumored the banks have tried to sell the debt for 60 cents on the dollar and have 0 takers. 

My guess is that the banks won't play as nice as the Code interviewer. Yaccarino might be required to seriously address the question how is she kept out of the loop of major decisions. Saying that she and Elon talk won't cut it to people that "her" company owes the equivalent of perhaps it's total value. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's online chatter that this week Yaccarino has to meet with the 7 banks that hold the $13B in Twitter debt that Elon took out in buying Twitter. Do acquiring companies always shoulder the debt the acquirer took out to buy them? It's rumored the banks have tried to sell the debt for 60 cents on the dollar and have 0 takers. 

My guess is that the banks won't play as nice as the Code interviewer. Yaccarino might be required to seriously address the question how is she kept out of the loop of major decisions. Saying that she and Elon talk won't cut it to people that "her" company owes the equivalent of perhaps it's total value. 

istock-53331196-2-mr.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

I've been on X / Twitter for a long time... it was an exceptional resource during the 2015 floods, during Harvey, baseball/football/recruiting seasons, the Presidential election and the Insurrection, the Ukraine War... so so useful.

It was hard but I finally deactivated my account and deleted the app from my phone.  Not easy to unplug from the still useful information it provides.

Sucks

I loathe Elon for screwing it up so badly and turning it into what it is today

I hope Threads eventually catches up.

What a dick!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between the disastrous Code interview and if she screws up with the banks, this could be her final days at Twitter. Now perhaps Elon leaves her in the corner office but she could have any power removed, if she has any power to begin with. 

The banks/lenders have no leverage. They invested in Elon’s shitty company and the company is near worthless. 60 cents on the dollar is a laughable estimation. Fidelity marked their investment down by 66% back in May. 

Morgan Stanley and the other banks will eventually take whatever pittance Elon offers them for their worthless debt. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll say the same thing I did last time he did something similarly disgusting.

I'll leave when Auschwitz Museum leaves.

He would like it if I left. I hope I cost him more than he gets out of me. All the blocks make him spend money. I don't have to amplify an account to quote them. Until there's a CHRONOLOGICAL replacement which Threads ain't,  it is the only game in town. Breaking news happens. Find me a better place for that and I'll cut my time spent there. 

Black people haven't left. The LBGTQ people are still there. Some are gone and I don't blame anyone that wants to go. But, it's still a valuable resource. I won't abandon the ones sticking it out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

He would like it if I left. I hope I cost him more than he gets out of me. All the blocks make him spend money. I don't have to amplify an account to quote them. Until there's a CHRONOLOGICAL replacement which Threads ain't,  it is the only game in town. Breaking news happens. Find me a better place for that and I'll cut my time spent there. 

Black people haven't left. The LBGTQ people are still there. Some are gone and I don't blame anyone that wants to go. But, it's still a valuable resource. I won't abandon the ones sticking it out.

lol.

36 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I've been on X / Twitter for a long time... it was an exceptional resource during the 2015 floods, during Harvey, baseball/football/recruiting seasons, the Presidential election and the Insurrection, the Ukraine War... so so useful.

It was hard but I finally deactivated my account and deleted the app from my phone.  Not easy to unplug from the still useful information it provides.

Sucks

What a dick!

Yep. While there was always a part of Twitter that I ignored because it was nothing but trolls; Twitter was an incredible communication tool to get quick information from either official sources or everyday people who were just on the scene. 

A baseball game is being delayed for rain? ESPN doesn't tell you when expect the rain to let up; a Twitter meteorologist or something at the ballpark is posting about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

You’re aware Threads has had chronological view for a while now, right?

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You’re aware Threads has had chronological view for a while now, right?

July 26.

You can turn on the new chronological timeline by tapping the home button or the Threads logo at the top of the app. The app will display two tabs, For you and Following. You can tap on the latter to see posts on Threads in a reverse chronological order.Jul 26, 2023.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, texasdago said:

Sucks

What a dick!

Yep

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But you're relying on the CCP to feed you your news. But it makes life easier swiping up for the next piece of infotainment.

their algorithm actually shows me what i want to see consistently compared to IG and any other ive tried. just because i like one funny parenting video doesn't mean i want to see 99% (not very funny) parenting videos IG.

just when you think "yeah, the cybertruck can't possibly be worse...you get videos like this one

HOW TALL DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO SEE OUT THE SIDE WINDOWS?

image.png.2d0391cf35b49ad0172ad6eaaa0c804a.png

more funny screenshots from that guys video, keep in mind i had it muted and didn't listen to him talk at all.

this is going to be the worst looking car in the last 20+ years when it's dirty.

Spoiler

door panel by back passenger side door + passenger side door (on right) - don't align lol

image.png.ec6b47f1d075918fe3c2086097712097.png

open gap between back door and front door seems large?

image.png.001bcbf6a10aef4d99d5d321df7a7afc.png

also they don't line up on the bottom

image.png.ac887c4fd39965aceb5115e097a5e441.png

the doors don't properly line up either? the drivers door is in front and the passenger is in back, looks like the drivers door bulges out at the top by the window?

image.png.4b0f57d06415339ce320772eff5031e4.png

IS THIS A CONSOLE FOR ANTS?

image.png.f27f2293d2e8696f2a8f5639225c4e20.png

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, texasdago said:

Sucks

What a dick!

I may be naive but I still think Elon is relatively temporary. He didn't buy twitter. A bunch of fucking people bought twitter and at some point they are going to oust him one way or another.  I would avoid Saudi embassies if I were him. Twitter isn't much use politically if only the mouth breather reply guys are using it.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

From LiberallyLean:

It takes a special kind of ghoul to be the richest man in the world who wants to cosplay as a cowboy in order gaze upon the poorest people in the world being detained.

image%20(9).png

BG does have a way with words.

• Rage+1 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, Captain Ron said:

I finally caught this, oh man this was a mess. She got totally skewered on this interview - it's really embarrassing. She was woefully prepared for this interview. She was trying to run out talking points, but was being asked real honest questions. Boorstin blows her up. And these aren't hard questions, these are things she should have been ready to answer, knew that were coming and had answers for. She doesn't even have basic number of like how many users Twitter has in a particular time period. It was super cringe.

And for someone that is talking about how exciting it is to work at Twitter because of how quickly you have to be able to move in real time - she demonstrated none of this.

And they are trying to play this off that Yoel Roth (former head of Twitter safety) was some gotcha booking for the conference - just no. Kara Swisher did his interview and Yaccarino was fully aware it was going to happen. They even were given a chance to do their interview before Roth went on. I would recommend this feed which has both back to back (though they were an hour or two apart in reality).

Example of a good interview: Another Code interview, this is the Bumble Founder and CEO Whitney Wolfe. Prepared, able to answer questions, able to think on her feet (granted, she isn't asked the questions that Yacc was, but still). Same interviewer.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

just when you think "yeah, the cybertruck can't possibly be worse...you get videos like this one

Fanciest console cupholder setup I ever did see. The future is truly wonderful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NoName said:

more funny screenshots from that guys video, keep in mind i had it muted and didn't listen to him talk at all.

this is going to be the worst looking car in the last 20+ years when it's dirty.

Reveal hidden contents

door panel by back passenger side door + passenger side door (on right) - don't align lol

image.png.ec6b47f1d075918fe3c2086097712097.png

open gap between back door and front door seems large?

image.png.001bcbf6a10aef4d99d5d321df7a7afc.png

also they don't line up on the bottom

image.png.ac887c4fd39965aceb5115e097a5e441.png

the doors don't properly line up either? the drivers door is in front and the passenger is in back, looks like the drivers door bulges out at the top by the window?

image.png.4b0f57d06415339ce320772eff5031e4.png

IS THIS A CONSOLE FOR ANTS?

image.png.f27f2293d2e8696f2a8f5639225c4e20.png

So, it's a Tesla?  I'll never understand the appeal of a poorly built death trap.

• Hook 'Em 1

I trust China over Elon or Zuckerberg at this point. They dont give a fuck about my life or political stances beyond what they can sell me. All the CCP boogeyman mongering is because TikTok is fucking eating FB and X's lunch in the competition for ad dollars

Ive had facebook for a dozen years now. I like keeping up with my friends and seeing pictures of their kids as they grow up. In that timespan I have never one time opened, commented, liked or shared a sponsored political post. I cannot count the number of times Ive attempted to prompt the algorithm to "show less like this". The extent of my political engagement on the forum consists of a handful of times I have fired off a short, smartass response mocking various stupid shit my friends have shared. Despite all this, when I open my news feed sponsored alt right chumbucket posts will outnumber actual posts from my friends almost two to one. It is clear where the bulk of their funding comes from.

People seriously want to move to Threads?

• Like 1