Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Azealia Banks seems like she doesn’t suck.

39867fa9-56e9-47a5-a1ea-3fe66ff3c6f3.png

She knows him personally and used to be friends with Grimes. The pic and link below is from 2018. 

IMG_4524.thumb.jpeg.c3f239e74f15a883335b64db25182af2.jpeg

The billionaire house hostage saga of Azealia Banks, Elon Musk, and Grimes, explained

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/16/17692700/azealia-banks-elon-musk-grimes-explained

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

I'm thinking of floating a new conspiracy theory that Peter Thiel secretly persuaded Elon to be the first recipient of that brain implant and has been the marionettist behind the keyboard and strings making more and more outlandish statements in an effort to hasten his vision of a Middle Class Mordor. Can't quite figure out the grift angle though. Needs to be workshopped.

Volume.

14 minutes ago, hornian said:

What a race-baiting fear monger

You have to remember that Grimes left him for a trans person, and one of his kids is trans.  He may not be a boomer, but he’s got the mentality of one. He probably believes that you can just turn somebody gay or whatever.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You have to remember that Grimes left him for a trans person, and one of his kids is trans.  He may not be a boomer, but he’s got the mentality of one. He probably believes that you can just turn somebody gay or whatever.

grimes left him because he couldn't handle his drugs.

she introduced him to the hard stuff particurlarly meth. i mean it's obvious right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

This essay is insightful. Elon Musk and the Power of the Bro.

"The actually relevant point is that doing bad things together serves two useful purposes for criminal and quasi-criminal enterprises. First - it enables you to identify and screen out the people who have real moral qualms before you have to rely on them to cooperate in whatever quasi-legal thing it is that you want them to do. Second, it gives you and them a stake in mutually assured silence. There is a third thing too: it plausibly corrupts people, rewiring their moral codes so that things that they might once have identified as wrong come to seem like ordinary practice. Most people don’t want to seem evil to themselves; equally, most people don’t want to feel that they are suckers or losers. If you can get people to feel as though they are a sucker or loser if they don’t participate, you’re half-way towards pulling them in."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

DOD wants control over its sensitive missions.  I wonder why.

https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/space/spacex-dod-has-requested-taking-over-starship-individual-missions

The Pentagon has approached SpaceX about potentially taking over Starship for sensitive and potentially dangerous missions as a government-owned, government-operated asset instead of contracting the company to launch payloads.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday saw, what I assume, is the same CT that drove by me a few weeks ago in Brushy Creek.  At a quick glance it already has a similar ‘patina’ to my solo stove after a few uses.  Given how much rain we’ve had it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s legit rusting already.  

I mean, to be honest did I sleep through a lot of my industrial materials class back in the day (c'mon it was at 07:30). But I do know that a decent stainless steel should be ok in weather. Yeah it might get some kind of patina but it shouldn't rust.

*What I think I know* about shitty stainless is that it has a lot more iron in it and is susceptible to rusting. And one clue to figuring out if your piece of stainless is shitty is if it is magnetic. 

• Haha 3

Reading a thread about it, common worry is iron rail dust from transport rusting when it gets wet.   Or idiots using windex on it, the ammonia corrodes the chromium over time.  

So I dunno, could have been a particularly epic orange sunset reflecting off it (was evening) and I’m just not used to SS cars.  It just caught my eye as ‘that looks wrong’

7 minutes ago, JMFP said:

What I think I know* about shitty stainless is that it has a lot more iron in it and is susceptible to rusting. And one clue to figuring out if your piece of stainless is shitty is if it is magnetic. 

It’s no wonder Tesla wouldn’t release the exact specs on the steel.  I don’t know how this will play out, but it feels like the customers are beta testing the product.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s no wonder Tesla wouldn’t release the exact specs on the steel.  I don’t know how this will play out, but it feels like the customers are beta testing the product.

I was just thinking that I bet Tesla purposely left out rust coverage in their warranty because "it's stainless steel and there is no need to even mention it."

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Like the monkey brain neuron implant?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

That was before the wandering bands of Antifa hunter-gatherer cannibals learned they could just throw buckets of salt water on the aluminum frame and watch it dissolve in corrosion and pick the driver out of the shell…like polar bears pick the delicious Inuit nugget center out of an igloo. 

This is yet another instance of how and why we need a "post of the day" feature. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Should have gotten a clear shot of his license plate, pulled up along side him, tap the horn to make him look over or take the headset off, and then posted it on social media.

This guy got pulled over

https://www.the-express.com/tech/tech-news/126783/tesla-Apple-Vision-pro-driver-pulled-over

Spoiler

Tesla driver pulled over after wearing new Apple vision glasses on highway

The man filmed himself getting pulled over while driving and wearing the $3,500 Apple VR headset.

The release of Apple's high-end Vision Pro headset, priced at $3,500, made waves on Friday, but one user's video demonstration had police pulling him over.

A user named Dante took to X, previously known as Twitter, to share a video of himself driving a Tesla with the Apple Vision Pro covering his eyes, on Friday, the same day the headset was released.

The brief clip showed Dante driving down a highway, visibly interacting with a screen visible only through the virtual headset, while his hands are off the wheel.

The video abruptly transitioned to Dante being pulled over by the police, with lights flashing behind him as he sits in a parking lot.

Although the location and the specific police department are unspecified, Dante's Twitter profile indicates he lives in Palo Alto, California.

Apple's safety guidelines explicitly prohibit using the Vision Pro headset while operating a moving vehicle or engaging in activities that require attention to safety.

The company's website advises against using the headset while driving, riding a bicycle, operating heavy machinery, or in similar situations.

The Vision Pro headset, was announced alongside the iPhone 15 series in September.

In addition to the base price, customers have the option to purchase upgrades such as additional storage and $149 prescription inserts.

Powered by VisionOS, touted as "the world's first spatial operating system," the Vision Pro headset introduces spatial computing, seamlessly integrating virtual content into the physical environment to enable intuitive interaction between humans and technology.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:36 AM, Gatorubet said:

That was before the wandering bands of Antifa hunter-gatherer cannibals learned they could just throw buckets of salt water on the aluminum frame and watch it dissolve in corrosion and pick the driver out of the shell…like polar bears pick the delicious Inuit nugget center out of an igloo. 

image.png.2d30758e978d627751ad5bd8399bc931.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dont be silly. Tesla charges their customers rubes an extra $15K if they want to beta test Tesla products. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A few months ago I went on a blocking spree.  Any poster in my feed got the ban hammer.  I’ll give the algos credit for feeding me good content after that.  A good mix of the people I follow, cool other stuff, a few cat videos and some random pissbaggers to block.  

But what the heck happened today?  After blocking +\-10 posts now all I have are Elon tweets and Cathie Woods retweeting Elon tweets.  Literally.  I scroll down a ways and get no more tweets.

And how do I change my settings so I can see ONLY the people I follow?  Seems they moved that button.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

A few months ago I went on a blocking spree.  Any poster in my feed got the ban hammer.  I’ll give the algos credit for feeding me good content after that.  A good mix of the people I follow, cool other stuff, a few cat videos and some random pissbaggers to block.  

But what the heck happened today?  After blocking +\-10 posts now all I have are Elon tweets and Cathie Woods retweeting Elon tweets.  Literally.  I scroll down a ways and get no more tweets.

And how do I change my settings so I can see ONLY the people I follow?  Seems they moved that button.

Algorithmic social media is a pox

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just ask the factory to deliver it without taking the blue plastic covering off of it that comes on all stainless appliances. 

get this: it doesn't ship/transfer in any kind of cling wrap, which means it gets scratched and gets road shit and rain on it during transport.

it's maybe the dumbest vehicle that is going to be produced in the last 20 years in this country, and i know that's saying a lot.

it isn't good at what it's supposed to do, it's incomplete on the technical side, it is terrible for pedestrians, it is made out of the dumbest material possible, it's hard to see out of in the front and back seats, it's a failure at things like "keeping the truck bed dry" and it has shitty projected mileage.

damon wayans fox GIF by Lethal Weapon

• Hook 'Em 5

Has this been posted

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/elon-musk-twitter-ultimatum

How Elon Musk’s Twitter Ultimatum Brought Employees to Their Breaking Point: “People Were Emotionally a Wreck”

The billionaire CEO subjected staffers to brutal loyalty and competence tests immediately after taking the helm, as Zoë Schiffer writes in an excerpt of her forthcoming book, Extremely Hardcore. “With Elon,” one engineer recounted, “every day could be your last.”  The targeted firings of talented engineers tanked employee morale.

• Hook 'Em 1

She’s never gonna fuck you Elmo, even if you fund her lawsuit.

And Elmo can just boot journalists who say things he doesn’t like or point out his failings, but Lucasfilm can’t fire Carano over pushing dumbfuck conspiracy theories.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/gina-carano-sues-disney-mandalorian-firing-lawsuit-elon-musk-1235817466/

In an escalation of a standoff over her firing from The Mandalorian, Gina Carano is suing Disney and Lucasfilm for discrimination and wrongful termination in a lawsuit that opens another front in the battlefield for influence over Hollywood that has drawn in corporate America.

…..Elon Musk, making good on a promise to foot the legal bill for users who claim they have been discriminated against due to their activity on his platform, is helping fund the suit through X.

In a statement, X’s head of business operations Joe Benarroch said, “As a sign of X Corp’s commitment to free speech, we’re proud to provide financial support for Gina Carano’s lawsuit, empowering her to seek vindication of her free speech rights on X and the ability to work without bullying, harassment, or discrimination.”

simon cowell facepalm GIF

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

On a particularly unhinged day, I wonder if Jack could get Elon to sell/give him the rights for Bluesky to use the name Twitter.  

It would have to be a day where Musk is hurting for money and somebody forced him to do it.  The worst thing that could happen to him in terms of twitter  is that Jack gets the name back and then grows it rapidly and everybody praises him while mocking Musk.  

So this past weekend I drove a friend's Tesla. I'm not sure what model name it is, but it's the entry level one. I'll be transparent and say that the driving experience was good. No complaints. That said, I think the car is ugly on the outside and boring as hell on the inside... Well boring as hell on the outside too... and I would never buy anything from that douche.

My friend is a cool guy and our families enjoy getting together but man Elon does no wrong in his eyes. I just change the subject. There's no point in arguing. 

I don’t get those that can’t dissociate the car with Elrod.

My GF has a model Y. I think it’s a fine car. She digs it. And I’d strap Elmo to one of his rockets if I could. So what.

Henry Ford was a nazi. Mustangs and f150s are still awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Henry Ford died in 1947

And was forced out of the company in 1945.

27 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I don’t get those that can’t dissociate the car with Elrod.

My GF has a model Y. I think it’s a fine car. She digs it. And I’d strap Elmo to one of his rockets if I could. So what.

Henry Ford was a nazi. Mustangs and f150s are still awesome.

Mustang - introduced in 1964

F150 - introduced in 1948

• Hook 'Em 5