Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

I realize I'm a week or so late, but I just saw the Don Lemon interview.  

What a thin-skinned little baby.  

I mean, has Elon done an interview in the last year where the smallest bit of pushback or criticism doesn't cause a toddler-esque pouting tantrum? 

He just defaults back into self-congratulations and canned-answer platitudes about saving free speech.  Then he runs off to tweet damage-control messages or to attack the interviewer.  He seems utterly incapable of defending his choices (especially around censorship vs enabling racist/offensive content) in any real-time conversations.  

He should have YEARS of experience articulating a coherent viewpoint around topics that are DEFINITELY going to come up over and over again.  Nope.   

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

He should have YEARS of experience articulating a coherent viewpoint around topics that are DEFINITELY going to come up over and over again.  Nope.   

28 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

He just defaults back into self-congratulations and canned-answer platitudes about saving free speech.  Then he runs off to tweet damage-control messages or to attack the interviewer.  He seems utterly incapable of defending his choices (especially around censorship vs enabling racist/offensive content) in any real-time conversations.  

His followers think this is what an “alpha male” is like.  Dude is weak when anybody pushes back even just a little bit.

He’s exactly the kind of guy that gets upset that Grimes left him or that she has a new boyfriend or girlfriend, or that another billionaire’s ex-wife is out donating her share of the money to good causes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Finally saw the cyber truck in real life yesterday and today. Damn thing is huge and hideous. Can’t believe someone would buy it

I fuckin saw one in Port O'Connor this morning! Just about gave me whiplash doing a double take seeing it parked next to a clapped out RV lol

Edited by Captainant

I was talking to a friend last night about Elon and his accomplishments and contributions to society. I’m firmly in the camp of having the unlimited access to capital he has had he has actually been relatively unsuccessful on everything except spacex and the majority of what he’s doing is just extreme subsidies from the government for early revenue coupled with seemingly bottomless pools of equity investment from institutional and retail morons. I maintain that everyone would think he was a genius if he wouldn’t shitpost on the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Forgot to add there's a whole industry of 3rd party accessories for Teslas. You can modify/customize almost anything, no other EV comes close. 

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You can modify the huge strapon with MAGA stickers elon is fucking you with

7 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I have no idea why you guys are so tough on Elon, he's just asking questions trying to get to the truth.  

You are totally a butt pirate.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Forgot to add there's a whole industry of 3rd party accessories for Teslas. You can modify/customize almost anything, no other EV comes close. 

Then how come they all look exactly the same?

image.gif.e7b1dd8c7a3595f0145729ba09700582.gif

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Then how come they all look exactly the same?

He didn’t say they did anything, did he?  That fucking tent thing still makes me chortle.

And I agree that it looks huge because of its geometry.  The fact that it has a micro bed is just gravy.

21 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Polestar 2 - Small company, slower than the M3, doesn't have Sentry or dog mode. I also think they're ugly. Here's a few more things about it that suck: 

"Visibility is terrible. The view from the rearview mirror is awful and you can only see a small sliver of back glass. The front view is about like a normal sedan and not nearly as open as the M3. The interface is no intuitive and hard to find basic settings. Cruise control only works in increments of 5mph and temperature can only be set to even numbers. There is a large hump in the rear middle seating area that makes is uncomfortable for anyone riding in that position. The center console area is bulky and not well thought out. Acceleration feels sluggish compared to the M3. The quality of the interior seems cheap (cloth seats and easily scratched up plastic). Quality/Resolution of the cameras is not great (definitely not high definition). There is a 360 degree view, but it looks like crap."

VW ID4 - Small, ugly and slow as shit. Looks and drives like a minivan. 

Hyundai Ioniq 5/6 - Ewww, it's still a Hyundai. Styling is also odd compared to the M3. 

Mustang Mach-E - Ugly hatchback that's costs more than M3 to get the performance, where do I sign? 

Mercedes, Audi, BMW and Volvo aren’t far off in their pricing - They are 10-15k more for the performance models. 

I haven't bothered checking, but it's likely most if not all of the above don't save all your settings for the entire car in an app so you can have it setup exactly the same in any car. Their cars might suck, but the Tesla app is unquestionably the best car app. 

Same with the dog, remote camera, and dashcam recording modes. I'm sure a few of them have something similar, but not quite the same level. 

Also, heated and ventilated front seats with a touchscreen for the rear passengers. 

if someone is buying an EV based on design, they are doing it wrong. if they are buying a Tesla EV because of design, well they are as dumb as the folks buying it for it's reliability.

also someone complaining about a cheap interior while championing Tesla?

Im Laughing So Hard GIF

and just because i want to dunk on the guy who was talking about reliability, here are the consumer reports reliability #s for the mentioned cars

• Polestar: not sufficient data
  • VW ID4: 29
  • Ioniq 6: 70
  • Mustang Mach E: 45
  • BMW i4: 60
  • AUdi Q4 e-tron: 48
  • Audi Q8 e-tron: 41
  • Mercedes EQS: 20

vs Tesla

• Tesla Model 3: 47
  • Tesla Model Y:41
  • Tesla Model S: 30
  • Tesla Model X: 27
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Imagine being this unfunny. 

imagine finding a way to make his own bad joke even less funny...

image.png.a669158a702f07396bda9a7c34055798.png

saw this link too, like the 5th comment down is INCREDIBLE (2nd SS)

image.thumb.png.b7ae28d6541efcd3bf662da3bdfa91ef.png

well...TECHNICALLY

image.png.a23d70f2ee7d821dcfc48c33bd6940a6.png

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

well...TECHNICALLY

We need a meme stronger than the billionaire defended one for this.  JFC 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

well...TECHNICALLY

What's crazy to me about all these fucked up cybertruck deliveries is that we have "Lemon Laws" on the books that should give the owners some recourse, but the cult of personality for elmo and TSLA is too stronk

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What's crazy to me about all these fucked up cybertruck deliveries is that we have "Lemon Laws" on the books that should give the owners some recourse, but the cult of personality for elmo and TSLA is too stronk

“Cybertruck: the ‘not working’ tells you it’s working!”
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Isn't a truck supposed to have a truck bed? You know, for hauling shit? Because that's why people buy trucks?

It’s where you keep your aftermarket spare tire that you paid $1,250 for.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Polestar 2 - Small company, slower than the M3, doesn't have Sentry or dog mode. I also think they're ugly. Here's a few more things about it that suck: 

"Visibility is terrible. The view from the rearview mirror is awful and you can only see a small sliver of back glass. ...

I know this was all just a troll job, but ...

You're going to bitch about visibility out the back of any car, yet this is the Cybertruck ... just saying.

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Isn't a truck supposed to have a truck bed? You know, for hauling shit? Because that's why people buy trucks?

It has one. It's where the cyber-alpha-males keep their boxes of condoms because they know they're going to get laid, driving a cyber truck and all standing by the side of the road waiting for the tow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Alright you cunts, I'm going to test drive the Mach-E GT since I haven't done it yet. It better not handle like all the other crossovers I've driven over the last 2 months (like a fucking boat). Well except for the Macan, but that's more than I'd like to spend. 

Basically, my fav car to drive by a mile was the highland Hodel 3 LR with the performance upgrade. The lack of radar on the M3 does piss me off tho, just stupid. 

I should add that this isn't my only car would just be my daily driver around town. So reliability is nice, but as long as there's a good warranty, I don't really care.

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

You know... its amazing.  What I've figured out in the past few days is this...

My 6-year old Alfa Romeo's reliability > Brand new Cybetruck reliability

Basically no problems on my Alfa vs Elon's rolling Dyson Hand Dryer

Grazie, Elon 

Thank You GIF

14 minutes ago, texasdago said:

You know... its amazing.  What I've figured out in the past few days is this...

My 6-year old Alfa Romeo's reliability > Brand new Cybetruck reliability

Basically no problems on my Alfa vs Elon's rolling Dyson Hand Dryer

Grazie, Elon 

Thank You GIF

Username checks out

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has this ever been typed before?  Maybe with Land Rover on the other end?

Maybe Lotus?  But for real, its kind of funny... my Alfa has been great and it doesn't draw snickers and laughs like the Incel Camino

image.png.95362117b37040bd019f746d9d149e56.png

Theory checks out

image.thumb.png.408685dc0a4fcf0f5af955f381a153e9.png

On 3/29/2024 at 2:32 PM, Nivek said:

Being in Houston, the suspension gets a workout here that say cars in other parts of the country do not get.

So your mom lives in Houston, huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5