Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Luckily, HEB won't even be open that day.

And as for Elon and Tesla, they have reached "full aggy" status to me (and as they say, "never go full aggy").  By "full aggy," I mean that their comical, laughable stupidity....is no longer entirely laughable, because it is negatively impacting my fellow Texans in the real world.  Just like I could laugh at aggy as they squeezed their own nuts, and whined incessantly about the BOMC....but I quit laughing when they killed 12 of their own as a direct result of their aggy stupidity, and have harmed a university that is a public asset and resource of my state, educating the people of my state...Elon and Tesla are following the same path.

I've laughed as Elon has repeatedly shot himself in the dick, and as his cult has consistently cheered him on with "brilliant shot, good sir!"  But now....the largest employer in my community is taking it in the shorts because of his stupidity.  A shitload of my fellow Central Texans have lost their jobs...and more are likely to follow.  Elon's utter stupidity is now directly harming my neighbors.  And it fucking pisses me off.

The Elon knob-gobblers, including most of our state leadership, needs to tell him to quit focusing on being a pathetic fucking edge lord, and either start being an actual fucking businessman or clear the fucking way for someone who will be.

When they announced the plant was going into Del Valle I sat back and thought. Well shit, few of the people who live there can get a good job for good ole'Elon.

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

When they announced the plant was going into Del Valle I sat back and thought. Well shit, few of the people who live there can get a good job for good ole'Elon.

Yep -- Tesla even partnered directly with Del Valle ISD to create a pipeline to decent jobs for kids there.  https://americanconstructors.com/insights/del-valle-isd-tesla-partnership/

We'll see if that survives.  And we'll see if there are any jobs for those kids to get once they graduate.  That those are questions pisses me off.  We should be excited about a major manufacturer setting up shop here.  Instead, it's a fucking shitshow of a goat rodeo staged inside a dumpster fire.  Fucking Elon is poison.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep -- Tesla even partnered directly with Del Valle ISD to create a pipeline to decent jobs for kids there.  https://americanconstructors.com/insights/del-valle-isd-tesla-partnership/

We'll see if that survives.  And we'll see if there are any jobs for those kids to get once they graduate.  That those are questions pisses me off.  We should be excited about a major manufacturer setting up shop here.  Instead, it's a fucking shitshow of a goat rodeo staged inside a dumpster fire.  Fucking Elon is poison.

Buddy from school is an engineer focused on green energy. Has his Masters from LBJ/ILAS. Smart dude in school. Wife was tired of him traveling, convinced him to go work at the Tesla plant. So he applies, they tell him he is in, he quits. Gets a call saying well we are not sure when you will be onboarding. So he is properly fucked. Sick kid, no insurance, and no income.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Buddy from school is an engineer focused on green energy. Has his Masters from LBJ/ILAS. Smart dude in school. Wife was tired of him traveling, convinced him to go work at the Tesla plant. So he applies, they tell him he is in, he quits. Gets a call saying well we are not sure when you will be onboarding. So he is properly fucked. Sick kid, no insurance, and no income.

Exhibit 10,000 in "never, ever, ever trust Elon, or anything he touches."  It's truly fucking sad.  Shit, I have a kiddo looking for her first job, and we saw a couple of postings that are somewhat adjacent to her chosen field for some Musk companies.  Didn't even click on the listing.  No.  Fucking.  Way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Why would you quit your job without a start date for a new job unless you didn’t need the money? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Why would you quit your job without a start date for a new job unless you didn’t need the money? 

Dude is smart, but in academics. I have seen quite a few people do that. They think job hunting is easy.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Luckily, HEB won't even be open that day.

And as for Elon and Tesla, they have reached "full aggy" status to me (and as they say, "never go full aggy").  By "full aggy," I mean that their comical, laughable stupidity....is no longer entirely laughable, because it is negatively impacting my fellow Texans in the real world.  Just like I could laugh at aggy as they squeezed their own nuts, and whined incessantly about the BOMC....but I quit laughing when they killed 12 of their own as a direct result of their aggy stupidity, and have harmed a university that is a public asset and resource of my state, educating the people of my state...Elon and Tesla are following the same path.

I've laughed as Elon has repeatedly shot himself in the dick, and as his cult has consistently cheered him on with "brilliant shot, good sir!"  But now....the largest employer in my community is taking it in the shorts because of his stupidity.  A shitload of my fellow Central Texans have lost their jobs...and more are likely to follow.  Elon's utter stupidity is now directly harming my neighbors.  And it fucking pisses me off.

The Elon knob-gobblers, including most of our state leadership, needs to tell him to quit focusing on being a pathetic fucking edge lord, and either start being an actual fucking businessman or clear the fucking way for someone who will be.

Oh my sweet summer child.  He is far too egotistical to think that he is the problem.   You might as well explain a Taylor series to a plant.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, NoName said:

one of the replies

image.thumb.png.311dada246dad731973fd93ece1d2ece.png

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Elon is ok with that test because it was at a Jewish school. 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Guadaloopy rn:

image.png.23ac4b12ea6d8bb7e2249c73ce5cb17f.png

Yes, FSD failed this particular test.  It's actually a very difficult test.  It doesn't take a very critical eye to watch this and see that the test was engineered to result in failure. 

- The dummy was dressed in neutral colors and earth tones to blend in with the background vehicle and background vegetation and wall. 

- The dummy remained stationary until very late in the test.

- The dummy was accelerated to a near instantaneous running speed at the last possible moment.

These conditions would be difficult for an unsuspecting human driver.

O'Dowd is a disingenuous and untrustworthy Tesla FSD critic.  He is a competitor, and he is not above manipulating and falsifying experiments to show the results that support his arguments. Previous videos from O'Dowd have showed a warning on the Tesla screen indicating that the accelerator is being pressed by the human operator to override FSD's automated actions.  O'Dowd has passed these off as FSD failures when the failure is actually due to the overriding actions by the human operator. 

This particular video has a warning on the screen that appears to be unrelated to FSD, but if multiple warnings are active, you can cycle through them to see the one you want.  There is something weird happening in this test.  In the first three tests, you can see the vehicle start to decelerate as it approaches the crosswalk and sees something, but it doesn't stop.  That leads me to believe that O'Dowd and his team are gaming the warning displays and actually slightly pressing the accelerator during these tests, effectively overriding FSD's automated actions.  I would like to see this test completed on a vehicle with no visible warnings on the screen.    

I would also like to see videos from O'Dowd with the technology he supports passing this same test.

• Fuck You 1

56 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yes, FSD failed this particular test.  It's actually a very difficult test.  It doesn't take a very critical eye to watch this and see that the test was engineered to result in failure. 

- The dummy was dressed in neutral colors and earth tones to blend in with the background vehicle and background vegetation and wall. 

- The dummy was accelerated to a near instantaneous running speed at the last possible moment.

O'Dowd is a disingenuous and untrustworthy Tesla FSD critic.  He is a competitor, and he is not above manipulating and falsifying experiments to show the results that support his arguments. Previous videos from O'Dowd have showed a warning on the Tesla screen indicating that the accelerator is being pressed by the human operator to override FSD's automated actions.  O'Dowd has passed these off as FSD failures when the failure is actually due to the overriding actions by the human operator. 

This particular video has a warning on the screen that appears to be unrelated to FSD, but if multiple warnings are active, you can cycle through them to see the one you want.  There is something weird happening in this test.  In the first three tests, you can see the vehicle start to decelerate as it approaches the crosswalk and sees something, but it doesn't stop.  That leads me to believe that O'Dowd and his team are gaming the warning displays and actually slightly pressing the accelerator during these tests, effectively overriding FSD's automated actions.  I would like to see this test completed on a vehicle with no visible warnings on the screen.    

I would also like to see videos from O'Dowd with the technology he supports passing this same test.

I don't know anything about O'Dowd. But if FSD can't avoid hitting a kid in those circumstances, it absolutely should not be released to the general public. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Good example of why no system that only uses cameras can be safe, or why Tesla is getting lapped and is stuck at Level 2.

With a proper system and sensor fusion, you would have caught the kid in time. Radar? Nope, not metallic enough. Cameras? Nope, obviously. LIDAR? Yep!

That's why you need all three. They serve different roles to fill gaps in the capabilities of the others.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

This "flaw" get posted already: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/cybertruck-touchscreen-five-hour-reset/

Two and a half months in and almost 3,400 miles down the road, a TikToker said that his Cybertruck crapped out after he took it to the beach.

“The Cybertruck does not work anymore, @captian.ad claimed in a video posted on Monday.

The video shows him opening the front door to reveal the dashboard touchscreen is completely dead.

“The manual recommends to reset the screen,” @captian.ad explained. To do that, you normally just hold down two buttons on each side of the steering wheel for 30 seconds until the screen resets and displays a Tesla logo.

But instead of that happening, the truck made a weird popping sound after a few seconds before the AC powered down. @captian.ad also said he heard some strange noises coming from the dashboard, but after waiting a good thirty seconds there was still nothing on the touchscreen. 

Meanwhile, the backseat screens looked like they were working fine.

According to @captian.ad, he’d been to the beach that day and washed sand out of the Cybertruck later at a car wash.

“That’s the only thing I’ve done that’s different,” he said, wondering what the reason for the problem might be.

After a couple of minutes of the screen still not rebooting, he noted that if he presses the brakes the lights come on and the truck seems like it’s ready to drive.

“But what good is driving if you don’t know your speed, your rearview mirror, any info?” he asked. “You’re driving this thing blind.”

“I’m not driving it without any info,” he said. “It’s unsafe.”

Cybertruck owners have been plagued with early kinks in the system as the trucks rolled out. Last week, customer forums started filling up with updates from the company that their deliveries would be delayed, with some customers speculating that the reason was problems with an accelerator pedal.

Tesla also recently laid off about 10% of its staff, with workers sharing stories about receiving the news by email.

Customers who bought the Cyberbeast, a premium edition of the vehicle that’s been rolled out early, also shared stories on social media about problems. One who posted on X about his issues at the beginning of April said he wasn’t able to get his truck going again after it broke down just 21 miles in.

Another logged five critical failures before driving 40 miles, making a YouTube video documenting his woes.

In a follow-up video, @captian.ad said he’d talked with a service technician, praising the promptness of their support. In the morning the car was working, so he decided to take it to work.

“Quick update on the Cybertruck, or as many of you call it, the Tesla paperweight,” he said.

The technician told him that there was a known issue with the Cybertruck where, when you do a screen reset, it takes five hours to reboot instead of the expected two minutes.

The technician told him he’d log the issue as another complaint and said it would probably be fixed in the next software patch.

“Five hours to reset a computer though?” the bewildered TikToker asked. “And this is the new hardware.” 

“All I wanna know is: Where do I get that computer so I can take it to work,” he joked. “Sorry boss, I’m resetting my computer, I’ll get to that in a little bit.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Here in Austin, we call this just another day at a school.  Kids wear all kids of stuff that is not bright yellow or bright orange. Including actual camouflage as well as Minecraft stuff that blends in well.

As the parent of young kids, and somebody who takes their kid to school frequently, I see this way more often than I would like (thankfully with other peoples kids, mine are good about it).

I assume any kid within a 5 feet of a curb is going to randomly and rapidly accelerate into the street.

Exactly, this is a scenario that can occur in any school zone in the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

How long before someone tweets the economic benefits of reinstating slavery and Elon replies with an "interesting"?

Well he is South African and would see it as a way to reduce payment to his workers.

Also, how does he always happen to find these hot takes? He have a staff searching for shit he can respond to?

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Well he is South African and would see it as a way to reduce payment to his workers.

Baby steps. First apartheid then indentured servitude and eventually slavery.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.png.c15b1b5276226a7930bc5118a0eb2701.png

Why would he amplify this? What’s the benefit? He’s like an anonymous teen using twitter in 2012 except he’s old, far from anonymous, and every time he tweets, he further narrows his potential customer base to guys that drive trucks with confederate flags and roll coal.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I don't know anything about O'Dowd. But if FSD can't avoid hitting a kid in those circumstances, it absolutely should not be released to the general public. 

IMO I'm less upset about hitting a pedestrian in a tricky scenario - I'd bet 50/50 that your average human driver would do just as poorly - but the fact that the car wasn't even aware that hit it something is a HUGE problem. Any closed loop decision making should be doing OODA - orient, observe, decide, act. If it's just deciding and acting to keep rolling without observing that it just pancaked a (simulated) child... That is nowhere close to SAE level 3 automation or even road safe for the public.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Captainant said:

- but the fact that the car wasn't even aware that hit it something is a HUGE problem.

That's why I suspect that as in previous "tests" engineered by O'Dowd, the driver is actually applying pressure to the accelerator to override the automated actions of FSD.  The behavior of the vehicle during this "experiment" is so far out of step with my actual experience with the system that I believe that the car is being manipulated by the driver.  

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.png.c15b1b5276226a7930bc5118a0eb2701.png

You know what's even BETTER than Elmo simply emphasizing a post that has literally ZERO citation to data?  The fact that the data doesn't back that up.  Yes, the murder rate by black people IN THE US (gee, local historical circumstances may have SOMETHING to do with violent crime rates) is higher than the murder rate by white people.  But it ain't 9X the white murder rate.

Elmo is just a fucking edge lord racist piece of shit who isn't even capable of critical thinking.  He's a fucking moron.  An absolute and total moron.

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, B00M said:

Why would he amplify this? What’s the benefit? He’s like an anonymous teen using twitter in 2012 except he’s old, far from anonymous, and every time he tweets, he further narrows his potential customer base to guys that drive trucks with confederate flags and roll coal.

They can't roll coal if they buy a Cybertruck.

15 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

The behavior of the vehicle during this "experiment" is so far out of step with my actual experience with the system that I believe that the car is being manipulated by the driver.  

How many times has your vehicle run over children and/or mannequins?! 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 2:27 PM, aggie08 said:

What the fuck is "Car Wash Mode"?

Pretty much already answered but it does the following:

• Verifies that all windows are fully raised
  • Turns off automated windshield wipers
  • Locks doors, trunk, and charge port
  • Folds in side view mirrors
  • Places HVAC system in recirc mode (see below)*
  • Places car in neutral/free roll

It's a handy feature to be able to hit one on screen button to verify all of these items. 

*Unfortunately, due a design flaw in the air intake location for the ventilation system in the Model 3, it's a very good idea if not an essential step that you put HVAC in recirc for a car wash or during the rain or you run the risk of ingesting water through the intake and soaking the filters and ending up with a mildewy funk in the HVAC system.  Car Wash mode is one mitigation that Tesla developed to address this common complaint. 

13 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

How many times has your vehicle run over children and/or mannequins?! 

secret tom cruise GIF

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

IMO I'm less upset about hitting a pedestrian in a tricky scenario - I'd bet 50/50 that your average human driver would do just as poorly 

You'd bet 50/50 that your average human driver would mow down 4 out of 4 kids inching on the edge of a crosswalk who happened to dash across?? No fucking way. Most drivers would have stopped. The kid didn't dash out from behind a car, it was standing at the edge of the crosswalk. I'd bet that 75% of drivers playing on their phones would have taken caution 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

You make people who blame rape victims look sane. lol 

• Hook 'Em 1