Super Bowl Commercial Thread

Texzilla58

didn't Hitler push the VW bug and isn't ND Jewish?

It was their model T. Lots of Germans put deposits on them and never got a car. The Beetle was integral to rebuilding post war Germany.

I never got the love of VW vans. Shitty fucking vehicles. A school buddy his dad drove one. My dad thought he was likely a communist which he also categorized Plymouth owners. Anyway it was hot as shit and went about 26 mph.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

didn't Hitler push the VW bug and isn't ND Jewish?

Was started by the Nazis and mainly built military vehicles. Factory part of the British occupied zone and a British Army officer took over and turned it into worldwide brand.

And ND is Jewish, but he does not own his music. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It was their model T. Lots of Germans put deposits on them and never got a car. The Beetle was integral to rebuilding post war Germany.

I never got the love of VW vans. Shitty fucking vehicles. A school buddy his dad drove one. My dad thought he was likely a communist which he also categorized Plymouth owners. Anyway it was hot as shit and went about 26 mph.

LOL why Plymouth?  1970 Cuda is commie now?

16 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

tmobile commercial telling Jason Mamoa to "do it again but with your shirt off". I'm sure that would have been fine if the genders were reversed

You have weird sexual projections.  But you do you brutha

Gotta go with 

1) Michale CeraVe 

2) Deadpool & Wolverine 

3) Twisters (gotta give a shout out to fellow Texas ex Glen Powell)

4) (I hate myself for even saying this) Bud Lite genie

5) Christopher Walken BMW

6) Uber Eats with Jennifer Aniston saying to remember something you have go forget something, and shit gets hilarious from there 

7) Dan Levy w/ LilWayne Homes.com where they're in the business room and that big ass bottle of champagne breaks the glass

8.  VW 

9)  Google Pixle was sweet 

10) Bet MGM Vince Vaughn & Tom Brady has won enough 

11) Arnold & Danny DeVito State Farm

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Forgot the last one

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Fucking wonderful. We have watch 9 lame ass commercials to see the 1 out of 10 that are clever.

But there's a lot of lame ass commercials out there. One might think that because the ad buy is so expensive that the agencies could come up with something more clever, and I think they could but the best ones sometimes push the envelope in unexpected ways and I suspect that like @MNLonghornFUKM point about Hollywood, the corps play it safe just as the studios do. A lot of great screenplays never get made, a lot of perspectives never revealed and a lot of shitty commercials are given the nod because they check a box of 'does this make our company look good,' in ways that are forgettable instead of memorable. If Coco-Cola came out with the famous 'I'd like to teach the world to sing..' commercial from 1971 now, how would it fare? History then and now, culture then and now. We're now into many decades of commercials and a lot of $$ at stake. The classic 1984 Apple ad was directed by Ridley Scott (fresh after Blade Runner, which at the time, 1982, was a box office disappointment, and hadn't grown in stature among general viewers yet) and cost around $370,000 to shoot. That was taking a chance of sorts, meshing several types of references at once that struck a chord with viewers and done in a very stark and coherent way--memorable. It's likely another reason why the Dunkin' commercial is getting some positive feedback--in a slightly different and less chancy way.

I'm not in that line of work, but it's fascinating in its own way. Easier to enshittify than it is to deliver the beef and that is another memorable ad, btw--and featuring an octagenarian emphysema laden Clara Peller. Go figure.

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea was expecting a lesbo wedding for the 2024 Subaru outback

I read that Dan Patrick was busy the week of filming so he couldn't make it to set.  

10 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The full length SF Arnold gets my vote. Hilarious DeVito conclusion sealed it

DeVito really is an unsung national treasure.  Of course he's got comedic chops, but was watching last week "The Big Kahuna" for the 10th time.  He has a great dramatic gravitas as well.  Really not much he can't do.  Dunkin ad was funny.  This is the most Super Bowl I've watched in probably 20 years...most of the ads were just overfunded garbage.  Not being a grump (even though I am), but wow...so many just failed miserably.  Now I see why most people don't remember most of the ads within 24 hours.  Volkswagen will haunt me, but that's because I had relatives fighting for the Heer, while others were being liquidated in the camps, and still others on our side.  Who wants a donut?  

Edited by YGIFS