Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

just finished the Haunting of Hill House based on recs in this thread...i have to say that was extremely well done. every ep had an entire film's worth of genuine fright moments. i jumped. a lot. lol.

well acted, especially the women... and is it me or did Henry Thomas grow up to have a weird face? 🤨 almost looks like botched plastic surgery or something, his mouth is shaped weird.

anyway, for a horror show it packed a surprisingly emotional punch in the end. the 'bent neck lady' reveal was legit 'holy shit!'

Really enjoyed haunting of Hill House too. The sequel (sort of- just another ghost story not connected to hill house but has same actress), Haunting of Bly Manor, was not very good. I wanted to like it but I’d skip it.

Watched Love and Other Drugs.  Anne Hathaway for whatever reason in 2010 decided her career was in such a place that she needed to sign up for a terrible movie to give us ample nudity. Movie was just absolute garbage but she is in sex scenes for about half of it.  So, you know, Patrick Stewart approved. 

image.gif.7f5a95efff2f3159bfb512531ec2766a.gif

On 11/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, blacklab said:

really enjoined Chestnut man. 

True detective set in denmark. Great story, no filler, just 6 episodes.

Watched it based on this thread. 

For me, it fell in the odd category of "pretty glad I watched it but not sure I liked it enough to recommend to friends" category.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Netflix has another of their Christmas movies coming up - Elves, probably about where they started or something.  They are trying to outdo Hallmark or whoever in the Christmas department.  Frances McDormand is showing her age.

I'm not going to watch the trailer, but for those of you with kids who have to watch every Christmas movie, I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Netflix has another of their Christmas movies coming up - Elves, probably about where they started or something.  They are trying to outdo Hallmark or whoever in the Christmas department.  Frances McDormand is showing her age.

I'm not going to watch the trailer, but for those of you with kids who have to watch every Christmas movie, I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

So, umm, yeah, I watched it.  It's not Frances McDormand, it's some Scandinavian or whatever movie.

If you let your kids watch Squid Game, sure, let them have at this movie.

The Crown- enjoying it so far im in the season where they have changed out actors playing the Queen et al..i kind of liked the original crew especially the sister

Outlander- good enough, but not must watch by any stretch, they just got to 'merica, so ill watch , especially since its basically 80's era Skinemax

The Maid- not bad, kind of makes you want to be a better parent..main character has a trainwreck of a life, kind of depressing but we'll stay with it

Komenski Method- fantastic, must watch, but I am 50 so the humor skews older generation, the youngs may not appreciate (or get) some of it.

The 12th Man (no aggie reference)- foriegn WW2 movie , really good, true story

Has anyone had an issue with the Netflix app where the color fades in and out periodically? It just started a few days ago, so far I think it's only the Netflix app and not my TV. Will probably reset the TV and reinstall the app to see if that fixes it. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

On 9/25/2021 at 10:04 AM, Js1 said:

I finally finished... thats my fault.. got into other things..

i love watching otis help.

the scene when moms was listening in with him talking to hope.. 

awesome

Source name: Sex Education s03e08: Music playing when Otis and Hope talk in  Hospital : r/NameThatSong

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, huge said:

I came to check on Red Notice.

I figured it would be ok. Writing bad but main people are charismatic.

Maybe after Narcos

Ryan Reynolds plays a smart ass, rock plays a tough guy, Gadot plays a smoking hot strong female.  I should have probably spoilered that, don't want to give too much away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, MissingInAction said:

Loved "Time Trap". Great original take on the relativity of space and time. Good unknown cast, pacing, and kept me guessing until the end.

Don't read any reviews cause a lot of them have spoilers in the first sentence.

Spoiler

Wasn't bad for a very low budget movie. Acting was suspect but the premise was different and it didn't cheat and give them a way back home.

Thought it was funny that at the end, there was a perfect match of partners so each person could bump uglies going forward instead of trying their game on 8 foot tall humans. 

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Await Further Instructions is fucking awesome if you are a fan of horror/sci-fi/suspense.

Very well done on a small budget.

LOL- going to tell my wife we’re watching a Christmas movie and then put this on and see how it goes.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim