Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

23 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The Power of the Dog is a great western with a really good cast. Cumberbatch is really awesome in this. 

Just watch the preview, I'm in.  Composer is Jonny Greenwood, he also did The Phantom Thread, The Master and There Will be Blood.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/1/2021 at 11:25 AM, 4th&Five said:

The Power of the Dog is a great western with a really good cast. Cumberbatch is really awesome in this. 

That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. This movie had tons of potential (kinda like our football team), but it never happened (kinda like our football team).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, RPM said:

That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. This movie had tons of potential (kinda like our football team), but it never happened (kinda like our football team).

Ok.  I didn't want to be the first.  

The cinematography, acting, directing, etc... was really, really good.  The plot?  I kept forcing myself to just watch 5 more minutes to see if something would happen.  It was brutal.  And, before I get the, "Oh, there weren't enough explosions and boobs" accusation.  One of my Top 5 movies of all time is Places in the Heart, which is also a very slow, period piece. 

• Like 1

Obliviously mentioned on this thread before is Derry Girls.

Just finished a rewatch and laughed my ass off all over again.  Giving it a bump for lazy surls.

Also, at 24 minutes per, good show to sneak in an episode or two while waiting for household members to finish up what they are doing before feature presentation.

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Watched it last night. Legit mind blowing. Like free solo on steroids 

There is a point where you are pushing boundaries too far and just delaying the inevitable. That is what a lot of that felt like. I don’t really understand the guys that do it on rock faces, but when you mix in ice and snow and the instability of it the odds of failure just fly past reasonable sense. I respect the hell out of the people that can live on that razor’s edge, but I definitely don’t understand the mindset. Watching the 4-5 older climbers in the middle talk about how they thought he was going too far says a lot about the boundaries he was pushing.

15 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Obliviously mentioned on this thread before is Derry Girls.

Just finished a rewatch and laughed my ass off all over again.  Giving it a bump for lazy surls.

Also, at 24 minutes per, good show to sneak in an episode or two while waiting for household members to finish up what they are doing before feature presentation.

Derry Girls just pisses you off because it's so good, yet over so quickly.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, BrazilHorn said:

I have never played "League of Legends" but I am digging the animated series based on the game world.

It's classic "rich vs poor (city within a city)" story with some pretty compelling characters and a solid story.

Agreed, never played LoL, but prob the best thing I've watched in a while.

On 12/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, BrazilHorn said:

I have never played "League of Legends" but I am digging the animated series based on the game world.

It's classic "rich vs poor (city within a city)" story with some pretty compelling characters and a solid story.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:17 PM, fhetw said:

Agreed, never played LoL, but prob the best thing I've watched in a while.

Just finished "Arcane" based on a recommendation from a friend.  Had low expectations going in and know zero about LoL.

But I was hooked at the end of Episode 3 and it only got better at the end.  Hands down the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Binged on Maid the past couple of days.   Thought it was really good at taking things apart, showing how each thread interacts and then bringing it all back together.   And they did a good job showing DV can be more than just knocking someone around.  It also did a great job showing how the system is stacked against the poor young single moms.  

• Like 1