Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

20 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I watched Sweet Girl. Oddly enough after going about half way thinking this was not good, it ended up being pretty good. It has some surprises.

lol, wtf? It was ok for a dumb movie to keep on in the background, until they got to the "twist", then I laughed and turned it off. 21% on RT.

Spoiler

these "untrained 100 pound young girl kicking everyones ass" movies needs to go away. We need a serious movie like this where a toddler takes on a clan of ninjas.

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2021 at 6:49 PM, rage-a-holic said:

What color is Sandra Oh?

chair color.PNG

I started this... the opening sequence killed me.

she was talkin about being innovate, creative and  to mold young minds...lol and it kept showing scenes of one of the professors pissed drunk driving a cart to find his car then it murdered me when he operated the scooter bike and plowed into the bushes... HAHA

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

lol, wtf? It was ok for a dumb movie to keep on in the background, until they got to the "twist", then I laughed and turned it off. 21% on RT.

Hide contents

these "untrained 100 pound young girl kicking everyones ass" movies needs to go away. We need a serious movie like this where a toddler takes on a clan of ninjas.

Yep, it was unbelievable but I did like the twist. 

4 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I started this... the opening sequence killed me.

she was talkin about being innovate, creative and  to mold young minds...lol and it kept showing scenes of one of the professors pissed drunk driving a cart to find his car then it murdered me when he operated the scooter bike and plowed into the bushes... HAHA

Its quite downhill from there in comedic content.

But I liked this series for the sociopolitical commentary on today’s academic.

I guess Young uns were thought to be influenced to be liberal by university profs  even a decade ago. Now with social media, the young uns already come leftist. Crazy that even the most liberal profs are conservative in their mind. 

I have a phd (not in literature though) so this feels close to home. But i left for industry right after. 

On 8/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, remoh said:

Its quite downhill from there in comedic content.

But I liked this series for the sociopolitical commentary on today’s academic.

I guess Young uns were thought to be influenced to be liberal by university profs  even a decade ago. Now with social media, the young uns already come leftist. Crazy that even the most liberal profs are conservative in their mind. 

I have a phd (not in literature though) so this feels close to home. But i left for industry right after. 

all true.

I really liked it. 

Hoping for a Season 2 :)

Watched the Bob Ross Documentary last night.  Pretty good.

Spoiler

Kind of sad that his son has not received a dime of his father's legacy.  Nobody really to blame except Bob himself.  Setting up the company where a deceased shareholder's interest is divided between the remaining shareholders was a huge mistake.  He was pretty much fucked when his wife died, and his son (and probably his last wishes) were fucked when he died.  I wonder why he agreed to this and whether he had an attorney helping him on this.  A couple of hundred bucks of billable time would have prevented what happened.  Also,  it is easy to hate on the Kowalskis, but this company was set up to make money, and that is what they are doing to this day.  The fact that the Kowalskis own it 100% is just the way things turned out due to when certain people died.  Just a lesson to plan your shit out properly.

Edited by cabowabo
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Watched the Bob Ross Documentary last night.  Pretty good.

Hide contents

Kind of sad that his son has not received a dime of his father's legacy.  Nobody really to blame except Bob himself.  Setting up the company where a deceased shareholder's interest is divided between the remaining shareholders was a huge mistake.  He was pretty much fucked when his wife died, and his son (and probably his last wishes) were fucked when he died.  I wonder why he agreed to this and whether he had an attorney helping him on this.  A couple of hundred bucks of billable time would have prevented what happened.  Also,  it is easy to hate on the Kowalskis, but this company was set up to make money, and that is what they are doing to this day.  The fact that the Kowalskis own it 100% is just the way things turned out due to when certain people died.  Just a lesson to plan your shit out properly.

He was too much of a nice guy/naive.

did anyone watch startup?  after saying i was out after seeing the trailer/reviews/crackle, the wife has been watching it, so i ended up watching way too much of it.

i need to talk shit about it if anybody wants to play along.  it's one of the bigger pieces of garbage that i ever finished.  i can't believe crackle even took a shot at this.

did anyone watch startup?  after saying i was out after seeing the trailer/reviews/crackle, the wife has been watching it, so i ended up watching way too much of it.
i need to talk shit about it if anybody wants to play along.  it's one of the bigger pieces of garbage that i ever finished.  i can't believe crackle even took a shot at this.

I made it about 10 minutes into the first episode.

18 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

I got through the first 2 seasons, and halfway through the third.  I was pretty bored in the 3rd and called it quits once I realized it was a cancelled crackle series, so there was no chance of wrapping anything up.  I thought the first season was ok, but it started going downhill pretty fast.  I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought it was dumb from the get go.

19 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Personally loved it, was it some great work - no, did I find it entertaining - yes. 

Rumors of a 4th season being negotiated now.

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I got through the first 2 seasons, and halfway through the third.  I was pretty bored in the 3rd and called it quits once I realized it was a cancelled crackle series, so there was no chance of wrapping anything up.  I thought the first season was ok, but it started going downhill pretty fast.  I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought it was dumb from the get go.

i think they actually "wrapped it up" about as well as one could hope for.  it didn't feel like an abrupt cancellation of a show with a bunch of loose ends.  of course they didn't ever really execute any type of compelling storyline throughout.  the entire show was a beating for me, mostly because of the characters.  they all were pretty terrible at the jobs they were supposed to be doing.  they never had any type of plan, any type of strategy.  the few times they had a minor plan, it got blown up almost immediately.  at times it was like i was watching handmaids tale.

as for the writing/producing - the show looked as if it was going to have some style and some sort of slick tone, even if it wasn't going to be a piece of art.  but all of the chances they had to do that, they chose not to.  there was no pacing or rhythm you'd expect from a show like this, and absolutely no twists and turns, which is unfortunate for a netflix/binge type of show.  every time they got into the weeds on something i was halfway interested in (like gencoin), they quickly abandoned it.

i'm struggling to find anything redeeming about it at all.  those who watched 10-15 minutes and called it quits, you called it right.  i award it four stars.  out of five hundred.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Titletown High is pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Two-A-Days on MTV for many reasons. 

If you're weren't sure Jake Garcia was a regard, this show clinches it. 

The scumbag coach of Titletown was also the coach on Two-A-Days. He was run off from there for having a 2nd family. He was then fired from his next job with Valdosta’s rival, Colquitt County for a multitude of fuck ups. He only lasted 1 season at Valdosta, getting fired for several recruiting violations. 

Just now, TonyTexas said:

The scumbag coach of Titletown was also the coach on Two-A-Days. He was run off from there for having a 2nd family. He was then fired from his next job with Valdosta’s rival, Colquitt County for a multitude of fuck ups. He only lasted 1 season at Valdosta, getting fired for several recruiting violations. 

Yep. Hence the comparison. 

I would suggest Propst retire. He seems to have a nice family. Just enjoy them and don't worry about football. 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Titletown High is pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Two-A-Days on MTV for many reasons. 

If you're weren't sure Jake Garcia was a regard, this show clinches it. 

I got to give it to the kid I was impressed.  He just really wanted to play his senior year, then wanted to stay at the school he transferred to just to practice and help out and be with the team (dad was behind him leaving).  Most non pre-maddona, respectful, just wants to play and learn and helped his teammates, qb on any of these high school football shows they have done.  I’d take a kid like that over one that forgoes his senior year every time if the talent is close.  

Edited by Hook1997

11 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Clickbait series was pretty entertaining  

I like the premise but the acting is so bad it’s distracting. Pia’s overacting makes you cringe and the wife is so stiff it’s like watching a block of wood on screen. I’ll finish this season but if it goes another season then I’m out.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I like the premise but the acting is so bad it’s distracting. Pia’s overacting makes you cringe and the wife is so stiff it’s like watching a block of wood on screen. I’ll finish this season but if it goes another season then I’m out.

I couldn't take the Pia character for more than a few minutes at a time, just way too abrasive/unpleasant/ugly/terrible haircut.

I saw this every time she was on screen.

st cloud.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1