2024 State of the Union, 8p central, 3/7

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

it doesnt have to make sense. does it make you scream "im not owned im not owned" as you shrink and transform into a corn cob?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED LIBS OWNED

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why don’t you discuss what was said?

If only there was something novel and substantive to discuss. I guess we are going to build a pier though. So we have that on the table. 

I know the last five months have been gut-wrenching for so many people, for the Israeli people, the Palestinian people, and so many here in America. 

This crisis began on October 7th with a massacre by the terrorist group Hamas. 

1,200 innocent people women and girls men and boys slaughtered, many enduring sexual violence. 

The deadliest day for the Jewish people since the Holocaust. 

250 hostages taken. 

Here in the chamber tonight are American families whose loved ones are still being held by Hamas. 

I pledge to all the families that we will not rest until we bring their loved ones home. 

We will also work around the clock to bring home Evan and Paul, Americans being unjustly detained all around the world. 

Israel has a right to go after Hamas. 

Hamas could end this conflict today by releasing the hostages, laying down arms, and surrendering those responsible for October 7th. 

Israel has an added burden because Hamas hides and operates among the civilian population. But Israel also has a fundamental responsibility to protect innocent civilians in Gaza. 

This war has taken a greater toll on innocent civilians than all previous wars in Gaza combined. 

More than 30,000 Palestinians have been killed. 

Most of whom are not Hamas. 

Thousands and thousands are innocent women and children. 

Girls and boys also orphaned. 

Nearly 2 million more Palestinians under bombardment or displaced. 

Homes destroyed, neighborhoods in rubble, cities in ruin. 

Families without food, water, medicine. 

It’s heartbreaking. 

We’ve been working non-stop to establish an immediate ceasefire that would last for at least six weeks. 

It would get the hostages home, ease the intolerable humanitarian crisis, and build toward something more enduring. 

The United States has been leading international efforts to get more humanitarian assistance into Gaza. 

Tonight, I’m directing the U.S. military to lead an emergency mission to establish a temporary pier in the Mediterranean on the Gaza coast that can receive large ships carrying food, water, medicine and temporary shelters. 

No U.S. boots will be on the ground. 

This temporary pier would enable a massive increase in the amount of humanitarian assistance getting into Gaza every day. 

But Israel must also do its part. 

Israel must allow more aid into Gaza and ensure that humanitarian workers aren’t caught in the cross fire. 

To the leadership of Israel I say this. 

Humanitarian assistance cannot be a secondary consideration or a bargaining chip. 

Protecting and saving innocent lives has to be a priority. 

As we look to the future, the only real solution is a two-state solution. 

I say this as a lifelong supporter of Israel and the only American president to visit Israel in wartime. 

There is no other path that guarantees Israel’s security and democracy. 

There is no other path that guarantees Palestinians can live with peace and dignity. 

There is no other path that guarantees peace between Israel and all of its Arab neighbors, including Saudi Arabia.

Creating stability in the Middle East also means containing the threat posed by Iran.

That’s why I built a coalition of more than a dozen countries to defend international shipping and freedom of navigation in the Red Sea. 

I’ve ordered strikes to degrade Houthi capabilities and defend U.S. Forces in the region. 

As Commander in Chief, I will not hesitate to direct further measures to protect our people and military personnel.

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

But seriously, who here thinks they didn’t give an 80 yo man something to pep him up for big speaking event at 9pm? dude should be in bed. 

have none of yall taken stimulants? Makes you a little jumpy. Might jump down somebody’s throat that you didn’t mean to

The CIA snatched up all that Panera Bread lemonade and Joes been slamming it and lifting weights all day. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

I’ve seen better speeches watching High School Academic Decathlons.

as a former high school academic decathlete, this hits close to home

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m pretty sure Mike Johnson rolled his eyes at “clean drinking water is good”’and “we should teach our children to read”.

Somehow Mike Johnson fucked up just sitting there. Guess he’s still growing into the role. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

This Katie Britt chick is annoying as fuck. So much hate and fakeness in those eyes and smile.

That was a speech that could have been done by Tammy Faye Baker or any other televangelist.  It was like watching a bad actress.  I was waiting for the end of it for her to say please send me as much money as you can so I can give it to Jesus to save you.  The saddest thing about the speech is the people of this country are so dumb they watch that and believe her.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

Of course they have no real rebuttal.  Even all Tubby Ted can go after him on is how he came across and mad and yelled a lot.  Completely astonishing!  So out of touch!

Joe Biden’s vigor and pugnaciousness are unbecoming a man of his age. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Of course they have no real rebuttal.  Even all Tubby Ted can go after him on is how he came across and mad and yelled a lot.  Completely astonishing!  So out of touch!

no way in hell ted cruz can ride a bike 

2 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Whereas our candidate is neither radical nor extreme, and is the most presidential, eloquent orator of our time .  I think you'd have to go back to Jesus to find a wiser, more compassionate leader than Donald J Trump.

- Ted Cruz (probably)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Several thoughts

Katie Britt is full of SHIT. Woman is talking about preserving the American dream when all she did was be born attractive and marry a football player while she gives him babies and makes him sandwiches. This Britt woman has never done a hard days work in her life. Make her work a 10 hour shift at wal mart or Ross and she would probably cry and quit before it’s even over. No fortitude at all in that woman.

Ted Cruz saying Biden was out of touch with the American people is great. Thanks for the laugh. People hate Cruz so much that he gets things thrown at him during a parade in the biggest city of the state he serves. Guy is a massive liability on any ballot because so many people hate him. He’s gotta be one of the most hated members of congress ever. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So "it was too good, he must have been in drugs" is what the shit-for-brains are going with, huh? Odd choice, but who am I to conspiracy shame.

Which is the exact same thing they said after he cleaned Trumps clock after their debate. That drug is called winning. 

• Hook 'Em 3