Caleb Harris, the disappearing A&M CC kid

immamac

●At either 2:20 a.m. or 3:20 a.m., an Uber Eats pickup was made from a Stripes Store on Flour Bluff Drive, indicating Harris ordered two lunchables and a Red Bull. The timestamp on the pickup from Stripes is noted as 3:20 a.m., but there could be a one-hour discrepancy.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

●At either 2:20 a.m. or 3:20 a.m., an Uber Eats pickup was made from a Stripes Store on Flour Bluff Drive, indicating Harris ordered two lunchables and a Red Bull. The timestamp on the pickup from Stripes is noted as 3:20 a.m., but there could be a one-hour discrepancy.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

he had to be high

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah that's the most wtf part of this. Probably paid $25 for poor munchies planning. 

Man, that is standard for the youths these day.  My boy drove Doordash for a while when he was home last summer, and the number of dumbass late-night Taco Bell and such orders -- $7 worth of food.  $20+ in delivery fees.  Dumbass just paid nearly $30 for a coupla crunchwraps.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There’s some but not very many around there unless he went all the way out to Choke Canyon for some reason. Doubtful 

yeah, salt water. Maybe be he was out in the bay and a shark pulled him over 

3 hours ago, NoName said:
●Shortly after, at 2:58 a.m., Harris returned to the apartment with the dog after a walk.

●Subsequent to 2:58 a.m., Harris's phone either turned off or died, with its last ping traced to The Cottages. Notably, Harris did not have his shoes, wallet, or truck keys with him. However, his fishing poles were all accounted for and the Uber Eats delivery was found left on porch area.

Dog killed him 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, that is standard for the youths these day.  My boy drove Doordash for a while when he was home last summer, and the number of dumbass late-night Taco Bell and such orders -- $7 worth of food.  $20+ in delivery fees.  Dumbass just paid nearly $30 for a coupla crunchwraps.

I guess if you're drunk and don't want to risk a DWI, it makes sense.  But otherwise no way.  I piss away plenty of money.  But none on food delivery fees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I guess if you're drunk and don't want to risk a DWI, it makes sense.  But otherwise no way.  I piss away plenty of money.  But none on food delivery fees.

A whole lot of this.  And back in the day, I kept plenty of "emergency drunk food I don't have to drive anywhere for" in the freezer.  CHEAP shit.  Like crappy frozen pizzas, 59 cent frozen burritos, that sort of stuff.  I could turn on the oven or microwave and have any of those 1) for no more than a coupla bucks, and 2) faster than Doordash could get me food.

Again, even my son -- who is well in his poor drinking student days -- thinks it's dumbassery.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Daylight savings time strikes again. He must have fallen in the time hole. 

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

lucious lyon wtf GIF

IMG_2436.jpeg.3915ee504cf9548bff6fd7c26efb577b.jpeg

“I was going to recommend a big red with a pepperoni pizza lunchable - but I see that you’re unpackaging the Turkey and Swiss Cracker.  I think the Red Bull would accompany that rather nicely. Shall I decant?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

not sure the current standards (ill guess it’s slowly increasing), but it’s bursting at the seams and they’re about to bulk up their engineering program in big ways 

cc isn’t a bad college town at all 

I'm sure it's a great school. I'm just saying the "academic shame" motive is probably not at play here

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

Daylight savings time strikes again. He must have fallen in the time hole. 

I think he had already been missing before Saturday

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"emergency drunk food I don't have to drive anywhere for" in the freezer.  CHEAP shit.  Like crappy frozen pizzas, 59 cent frozen burritos, that sort of stuff. 

Stop peering into my secret freezer stash for those nights. 

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If I am using a delivery app there is a 99.999% chance I am shitfaced.

The only time I've really ever used them is when my oldest was in the NICU for a month.  We were living in a hotel in Temple while she was there, and a bunch of friends sent us tons of DoorDash gift cards.  Was pretty handy at the time.  I'm not near lazy enough to do that at my house.  Hell, I go pick up pizza 99% of the time rather than having it delivered.  Gives me an excuse to go grab a 24 oz Shiner or Coors Banquet while I wait in the parking lot.  

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

$30 crunch wrap, $15k DWI. The math is easy. I’ve done it dozens of times but I’m also filthy rich.

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The only time I've really ever used them is when my oldest was in the NICU for a month.  We were living in a hotel in Temple while she was there, and a bunch of friends sent us tons of DoorDash gift cards.  Was pretty handy at the time.  I'm not near lazy enough to do that at my house.  Hell, I go pick up pizza 99% of the time rather than having it delivered.  Gives me an excuse to go grab a 24 oz Shiner or Coors Banquet while I wait in the parking lot.  

I had the norovirus a few weeks ago. I had them deliver pedialyte and immodium at 3:30 in the morning. Lifesaver.

I consider myself a cc expert. Something in the air down there and all the world class tex mex, but cc poon slaps hard !!!

world class quality 

If you love banging 5’s or maybe 6’s sure..   Turn on a dating app in Corpus it’s like the whole city got beat with the ugly fat stick.  It’s night and difference from any other city in Texas including San Antonio even.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If you love banging 5’s or maybe 6’s sure..   Turn on a dating app in Corpus it’s like the whole city got beat with the ugly fat stick.  It’s night and difference from any other city in Texas including San Antonio even.  

You have zero idea what you’re talking about 

calallen milfs aren’t on dating apps 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

'm not near lazy enough to do that at my house.  Hell, I go pick up pizza 99% of the time rather than having it delivered. 

Holy shit, same.

I am one lazy mother fucker but I will not pay the $5.99 delivery fee AND tip the driver when I can just pick it up myself. I can't even tell you the last time I ordered delivery.

But I am smart - you pick up the food AND your beer/weed AND your snacks before consuming anything.  Then you have a nice surprise you planned ahead for waiting for you later

Think Tap Tap GIF by DraftKings

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

You have zero idea what you’re talking about 

calallen milfs aren’t on dating apps 

yeah but you know their husbands (or ex husbands) have AR 15s and hidden cameras in her bedroom. 50/50 chance whether he's cool with her seeing other men.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

A whole lot of this.  And back in the day, I kept plenty of "emergency drunk food I don't have to drive anywhere for" in the freezer.  CHEAP shit.  Like crappy frozen pizzas, 59 cent frozen burritos, that sort of stuff.  I could turn on the oven or microwave and have any of those 1) for no more than a coupla bucks, and 2) faster than Doordash could get me food.

Again, even my son -- who is well in his poor drinking student days -- thinks it's dumbassery.

cheap frozen pizza and frozen burritos were the way. If I felt like bobbly flay, id open a can of wolf brand and cover those burritos in sweet goodness 

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

yeah but you know their husbands (or ex husbands) have AR 15s and hidden cameras in her bedroom. 50/50 chance whether he's cool with her seeing other men.

i have so many crazy stories but that’s a very small circle up there 

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

cheap frozen pizza and frozen burritos were the way. If I felt like bobbly flay, id open a can of wolf brand and cover those burritos in sweet goodness 

Wolf brand chili?  We got us a fuckin' Rockefeller over here.  Buying cans of stuff with meat in it and such.

This was how to roll for frozen burritos:

000661569-1

OR...raid that stash of 200 leftover Taco Bell taco sauce packets.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wolf brand chili?  We got us a fuckin' Rockefeller over here.  Buying cans of stuff with meat in it and such.

This was how to roll for frozen burritos:

000661569-1

OR...raid that stash of 200 leftover Taco Bell taco sauce packets.

a&i was giving me $750 / month to sit in classes 

Flour Bluff Resident Bradley Brooks Still Missing After 4 Years

• Family reports last seeing Brooks heading out for late-night fishing in August 2019
• Vehicle found abandoned on NAS Drive, but no trace of Brooks
• 40-year-old man has tattoos on chest, right forearm, and scars on back of head
• Entered into National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, but no new leads
• 'Help find Bradley Brooks' Facebook page shares updates, but mystery remains unsolved

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON THIS ONGOING INVESTIGATION...

5 hours ago, chainsaw said:

A&M Corpus? I don't think that's a school that screams "overbearing parents obsessed with academic achievement"

No, which is one reason why I didn't think it as likely. However, children (even older ones) don't like to disappoint their parents, and that can fuel some messed up reasoning in young adults. Not having a 4.0 may upset the uber achiever, but having to drop out/failing all classes/not going to graduate after doing the degree check can affect pretty much anyone. College is expensive.

The PI seems to think that Harris was abducted but that seems off base to me. Drowning seems much more of a possibility. Sad and worrying for the family regardless. I hope he returns or they find him.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No, which is one reason why I didn't think it as likely. However, children (even older ones) don't like to disappoint their parents, and that can fuel some messed up reasoning in young adults. Not having a 4.0 may upset the uber achiever, but having to drop out/failing all classes/not going to graduate after doing the degree check can affect pretty much anyone. College is expensive.

The PI seems to think that Harris was abducted but that seems off base to me. Drowning seems much more of a possibility. Sad and worrying for the family regardless. I hope he returns or they find him.

I believe a planned suicide is out of the question here. Lunchables ordered but uneaten? Fishing preparations?

No, something unexpected happened here. PI's theory makes the most sense to me. Drowning means he walked to a nearby body of water without shoes at that hour. Possible, but I don't think it's likely without there being evidence of him being totally "not okay to drive" hammered.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

This.  When our girls were born in hospital, many family members were asking what they could send us for food (they are almost all out of state).  But I'd kindly tell them, would rather just wait until we get home and take advantage of it then.  The wife actually liked the food at Saint David's North.  Really wasn't bad.  And I'd walk a couple blocks to P. Terry's just to get some fresh air, thank God for the babies, and have a milkshake.  But having the doordash/grubhub service for the first week at home gassed on no sleep was really nice.  

And to your second point, when I was still drinking beer...I'd do the same, "Nah, lemme just run out and get it ladies.  And I'd chill out and have a couple beers.  Don't want to give away our little secret as men, but we never did a lot of takeout as a younger family.  Either cook at home or go out.  But once a week, I'd call on the way home and ask if they wanted to get something from one of the half dozen restaurants near the house that everybody likes.  And usually the bartenders take those orders and they got to know my name/voice.  So they knew to 'accidentally' delay the order so I had time to sit down and relax from work/traffic and have a couple drinks, but they'd still time the food to he piping hot and I'd throw 'em a few extra bucks in tip.  

csb/ Not the best steakhouse obviously, but wife and daughter weren't picky at the time.  But there were several occasions where I'd call in to that old Texas Land & Cattle on South MoPac where I'd belly up to the bar and Jerry Jeff Walker would be at the other end and we'd shoot the shit about football and music.  What a helluva nice guy and I would never have gotten to meet him if I didn't follow my secret system.  RIP, JJW.  Why he chose to drink in such a generic chain, none of my business but fond memories.  

What were we talking about?  Oh yeah, a dead body.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I wonder is his casting net was with him ?

drunk, moon was out and m the water. The bay is right there. Let.ms go toss my cast net for the of it 

Knee to waist deep is more than enough for a healthy sized predator 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

DWI is bad but the Taco Bell drive through is packed from 2am-3am for a reason 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Most places have a $0 delivery fee on orders over $10-15 or so. And I’ve never seen a delivery fee be more than like $5 on any order. I’m sorry you’re old and don’t like technology. 

8 hours ago, immamac said:

I mean I get a lot of people go missing and stuff, but this timeline just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for someone who was going to disappear themselves.

This calls for a podcast!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Salt air and Whataburger is hard on women. 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I wonder is his casting net was with him ?

drunk, moon was out and m the water. The bay is right there. Let.ms go toss my cast net for the of it 

Knee to waist deep is more than enough for a healthy sized predator 

This is the best theory I’ve heard. He was getting ready to head out in a few hours and needed bait fish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Broke ass student drunk food. Good subject. There was a store that sold outdated bread and really cheap, sliced “American cheese product”.   I lived on it, but don’t think I’ve had a grilled cheese sandwich since I graduated.   I think my digestive system is blackmailing my brain so that I don’t ingest that chemo swill again.   

Also, Dinty-Moore beef stew in the small cans out of vending machines on some rice was a go-to meal.  I did not own any dimes, but I brought back tons of Mexican centavos from Vera Cruz that were a most excellent dime substitution.  Man, I emptied those machines out.  

• Like 1