Angie Harmon's dog shot and killed by Instacart driver

cmontexas

As a former delivery driver/manager/whatever, I side 100% with the driver here. People open the front door and their dipshit dogs go running out. Every center in this country has a handful of drivers out of work recovering from dog bites.

Love the quotes "He did not have a scratch or bite on him" and "He delivered the food AND THEN shot the dog" Also, "Harmon said her security camera did not record the shooting because it was inside charging". The driver didn't get bit or scratched because he shot the little fucker before he had a chance to. Keep your little family members in the house or on a leash. 

Link

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and delivery drivers are wearing milk bone underwear.

I will say I've done in-home services among various jobs, going in to 5 to 8 houses a day.

There are definitely clueless owners who laugh and say "He won't bite you" as they strain to hold it and the dog is foaming at the mouth and barking at me from 8 feet away. I'd chuckle and ask them to put them away regardless.

But there's no way this guy was really in trouble taking 10 seconds to drop some food on a porch.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

It's a doggy dog world out there, and delivery drivers are wearing milk bone underwear.

I will say I've done in-home services among various jobs, going in to 5 to 8 houses a day.

There are definitely clueless owners who laugh and say "He won't bite you" as they strain to hold it and the dog is foaming at the mouth and barking at me from 8 feet away. I'd chuckle and ask them to put them away regardless.

But there's no way this guy was really in trouble taking 10 seconds to drop some food on a porch.

Fixed

• Haha 1

Carry an air horn, dog bites you, you deafen it and drive it away and you negotiate something with Ms. Harmon so that charges aren’t filed or TMZ isn’t called.  She’s a Highland Park grad, so based on what Dallas friends have told me, I’m sure you can work something out with her and you’ll end up with the best 30 seconds of your life,

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

We don't order shitty food from guys who can't get real jobs, Pussy McPussins.

You don't use UPS or FedEx? Luckily for you those guys aren't allowed to carry guns so they'll just leave your stuff at the curb if you can't wait 10 seconds for the guy to get back in his truck before you grab your Colorguard off the porch

That he was delivering under someone else's name will be the most interesting angle of this story.   If delivery companies crack down on that practice, I don't think they'll survive.  I don't really understand the reasoning for it, but I don't recall the last time a food delivery driver matched the description in the app.  I've always assumed it was a single household using one account and working 24 hours a day or something like that.  Maybe it's a way for ex-cons who can't find work to make a buck.  I'm sure someone here knows.

• Hook 'Em 2

I read that she was charging her Ring doorbell when this happened. Is this true? Who the hell charges their doorbell camera when they’re waiting for a delivery order? 

9 minutes ago, naija said:

Y'all are ridiculous. Who the hell thinks, in real time, "oh, I'll just take the dog bite" 

I've amputated limbs from dog bites alone. 

Who carries a gun to deliver food?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

In the food delivery system the customers are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The drivers who deliver the food and the dogs who attack the drivers. These are their stories.

/thread

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

As a former delivery driver/manager/whatever, I side 100% with the driver here. People open the front door and their dipshit dogs go running out. Every center in this country has a handful of drivers out of work recovering from dog bites.

Love the quotes "He did not have a scratch or bite on him" and "He delivered the food AND THEN shot the dog" Also, "Harmon said her security camera did not record the shooting because it was inside charging". The driver didn't get bit or scratched because he shot the little fucker before he had a chance to. Keep your little family members in the house or on a leash. 

Link

Wtf? I clicked on that link expecting to see a video that cleared the delivery guy. Unless I missed something there was no video. So where the hell do you come off declaring him innocent? Were you there? Are you a time traveler? Git the fuck outahere with that uninformed declaration. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My nephew was a career cop. 
He shot his own dog after a neighbor told him it killed a couple of his goats. 
About that same time the dog ran up to them wagging his tail, but with goat blood still dripping from his bloody muzzle. 
Nephew, who had just returned home from his overnight shift, pulled out his service Glock .40 and shot his longtime happy pet between its eyes.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

About that same time the dog ran up to them wagging his tail, but with goat blood still dripping from his bloody muzzle. 
Nephew, who had just returned home from his overnight shift, pulled out his service Glock .40 and shot his longtime happy pet between its eyes.

Mama take de live crawdad, th'ow it in a pot o' bawlin wawta.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, royiv said:

Who carries a gun to deliver food?

67% of American adults are willing to admit to pollsters that they either own a gun or would be willing to own a gun. I’d wager at least that percentage of delivery drivers carry, either on their person, or at least in their car. It’s naive to assume otherwise and it’s naive to assume every situation a delivery driver might get sent into is safe. Dogs are probably the biggest threat to a delivery driver because the worst, dumbest Americans are the ones that own uncontrolled pitbulls. 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

sad but might have been the right decision if attacking goats was totally out of character and a possible indication of rabies or some other shit you don't want to FAFO

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

sad but might have been the right decision if attacking goats was totally out of character and a possible indication of rabies or some other shit you don't want to FAFO

Nephew knew that once a dog tastes that goat, it won’t stop with one or two. 
kinda like chips. 
Heartbreaking it was for sure.