Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

There have been a lot of disappointing individual defensive performances this year (and last year...and the year before that), but what makes Hager’s so noticeable is that he’s the guy with hair hanging halfway down to his ass. There are many plays when multiple players whiff or otherwise blow assignments, but Hager is the only one I remember because he’s so easy to identify.

4 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

What was the deal with him, it looked like he kept puking on the sideline. 

I missed him puking, but I saw a shit load of look at me. He even went with the damaged wing on one occasion. 

Unlike the old days it is far easier for someone to relay in to the opposing staff any potential injuries that can be exploited that are picked up on the broadcast. So it doesn’t serve a player to be caught nursing something hurt if they can avoid it as it potentially could be used against them.

Most are seen scurrying to the bench (if possible) and quickly surrounded by staff making an evaluation a little more difficult. Ergo when I see a player going Shakespeare with a damaged extremity walking the sidelines almost as if calling out to the cameras I call bullshit. However it does come in handy when said player misses a couple of sure tackles during game tape review.

3 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I missed him puking, but I saw a shit load of look at me. He even went with the damaged wing on one occasion. 

Unlike the old days it is far easier for someone to relay in to the opposing staff any potential injuries that can be exploited that are picked up on the broadcast. So it doesn’t serve a player to be caught nursing something hurt if they can avoid it as it potentially could be used against them.

Most are seen scurrying to the bench (if possible) and quickly surrounded by staff making an evaluation a little more difficult. Ergo when I see a player going Shakespeare with a damaged extremity walking the sidelines almost as if calling out to the cameras I call bullshit. However it does come in handy when said player misses a couple of sure tackles during game tape review.

I'm not exactly a hagar fan, but this is the dumbest shit i've read this week

On 10/28/2018 at 10:34 PM, Gaffords said:

He sold himself out several times last night... Right out of play.

Leading tackler in last night's shit show isn't anything to hang a hat on.

If he would hit somebody... Anybody... He could be incredible.  But he charges like a bull, a blind bull 

oops quoted wrong post.  It was meant for the one you quoted.

Don't really care much about him any more, he's almost gone, except that he was a complete, utter dumbass for running hard on the "we won, hike/knee/whistle" play at the end - and fully deserved to get his ass put into the dirt by that smaller RB who he targeted (which was awesome LOL).  There is no excuse, no long-lost little pocket of some revenge thing against the refs, Gundy, Pickens, Trump, whatever.  It was just fucking sophomoric.  Pretty much told me he's full of bluster but not a lot of reliability.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Not that I'm a huge fan of how Hager has played (and am even less impressed with his antics between snaps and off the field), but Hager did suffer an SC sprain during the game, for what it's worth.

he should quit playing red rover in the middle of a football game.

36 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Hager gives his opinion of Oklahoma and also ponders Aristotlian tragedy:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25308422

He ain’t wrong, but it’s an interesting point to make considering Texas just came off a three game stretch where the defense gave up 1,675 yards and 114 points to three teams with 13 losses between them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I Love him

a great legacy

need more players that play through pain, and give it all for the Horns.

its refreshing to have brash kinda cray cray loud prediction saying player ENJOYING his time in college and with the team.

this is still just a college game.

played by college kids.

pretty sure if his antics were effecting the team TH would have reigned him in

Kinda sorry to see him go even if he dint measure up to the FANS expectations.

If the WWE is his next stop 

hope he wears burnt orange.

Edited by TexasTroll

• Machinator changed the title to Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance