Russia

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What does Trump have to possibly trade with Russia?  Natural gas to heat his dwindling real estate portfolio?  

His kids admitted that Russians have been propping up the trump brand grift businesses. They have him by the balls. He is a useful idiot to them by continuing to convince half our electorate to be pro-Russian. It has worked. This country will never unite to fight Russia. I saw somewhere the Cruz actually said something nice about Biden's response. His poll numbers will take a hit and I guarantee you he and moscow mitch will be actively pro-Russian by the end of the weekend. All fealty to the orange baboon, that's the only way republicans get elected anymore.

Edited by 'stache

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

His kids admitted that Russians have been propping up the trump brand grift businesses. They have him by the balls. He is a useful idiot to them by continuing to convince half our electorate to be pro-Russian. It has worked. This country will never unite to fight Russia. I saw somewhere the Cruz actually said something nice about Biden's response. His poll numbers will take a hit and I guarantee you he and moscow mitch will be actively pro-Russian by the end of the weekend. All fealty to the orange baboon, that's the only way republicans get elected anymore.

interrupt hillary clinton GIF

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

its as if Putin didn't want to invade, just wanted the west to back off and he had his man with Trump who said sure thing, now Biden and traditional US foreign policy (with all its faults) is back and Putin said fuck this is only going to get harder, ready, set, go. and it's Biden's fault. lmao.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, troph said:

its as if Putin didn't want to invade, just wanted the west to back off and he had his man with Trump who said sure thing, now Biden and traditional US foreign policy (with all its faults) is back and Putin said fuck this is only going to get harder, ready, set, go. and it's Biden's fault. lmao.

this is either peak satire or abysmal stupidity. I hate that I can't tell

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this is either peak satire or abysmal stupidity. I hate that I can't tell

I believe he's invaded now because it's only going to get worse without a puppet in the white house.  so yeah, he's invaded because traditional US foreign policy - which is now back in power - is aimed as destroying Russia.  Ukraine would only get worse for Russia if he waited.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I believe he's invaded now because it's only going to get worse without a puppet in the white house.  so yeah, he's invaded because traditional US foreign policy - which is now back in power - is aimed as destroying Russia.  Ukraine would only get worse for Russia if he waited.

I agree to an extent. Trump's loss fucked up Putin's ability to destabilize NATO and Ukraine's relationships with the rest of Europe. But traditional US foreign policy was hardly aimed at destroying Russia. Yeah we haven't gotten along with them recently, but we absolutely were no real threat to Putin because we weren't particularly interested in risking any escalation so long as he didn't overstep himself. But he's overstepped himself now and the cost is going to be much more than he thinks it will be.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I agree to an extent. Trump's loss fucked up Putin's ability to destabilize NATO and Ukraine's relationships with the rest of Europe. But traditional US foreign policy was hardly aimed at destroying Russia. Yeah we haven't gotten along with them recently, but we absolutely were no real threat to Putin because we weren't particularly interested in risking any escalation so long as he didn't overstep himself. But he's overstepped himself now and the cost is going to be much more than he thinks it will be.

we've had a never ending isolation strategy against Russia. They've always been enemy #1 to the point that you can argue a lot of our ME meddling was in part motivated to contain Russia.  We've had a NATO expansion and Russian containment strategy ever since the "end of the cold war".  That's not even counting proxy wars in the ME and even arming Ukraine.

Edited by troph

9 minutes ago, troph said:

Nobody fears the US. We're one step away from civil war over cancel culture and CRT. We're weak as fuck and an afterthought militarily because of it. There's legitimately zero doubt in my mind that even if attacked directly, we would not be able form a broad political coalition to defend ourselves.

And a full-hearted sanctions regime is fine until it brings down the global economy and gas prices go up to $6-7/gallon.

Just now, Yuk said:

Nobody fears the US. We're one step away from civil war over cancel culture and CRT. We're weak as fuck and an afterthought militarily because of it. There's legitimately zero doubt in my mind that even if attacked directly, we would not be able form a broad political coalition to defend ourselves.

And a full-hearted sanctions regime is fine until it brings down the global economy and gas prices go up to $6-7/gallon.

bullshit re fear.  all we need is a legit foreign threat and we are galvanized. Murica Fuck Yeah is a liberal and conservative battle cry when we have something to truly fight. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

R's are split: The trumpkins are basically pro Russia. The RINOs want something done! The RINOs (and this time that appears to include Senator ferret face) are critical of Biden for not doing enough. That is basically what Cruz said, something like "Biden's sanctions are a good start but don't go nearly far enough fast enough".

The Last Week Tonight episode on Putin came across my YouTube recommendations again, wonder why...

Pretty crazy to see something from February 2017 in March of 2022. Really was a different time.

I forgot that election fraud started as a putin propoganda line that was picked up by trump in 2015.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. I know folks are just “passing things along,” but be slightly more discerning consumers of information.

Brisket- it's kentucky!!! moscow mitch and rand!  put it together man.  they're russian agents.  It makes sense if you just think about it

The Kentucky TRS thing is easy to figure out.  Their entire investment portfolio is available to the public via FOIA.  Only time they can obfuscate it is when they're doing due diligence on a new manager or oCIO.  that's just a market practice, you don't want to let the world know you may be divesting out of a $100mm private sleeve because of a manager change or your own internal change.  And that's to protect other instituitional investors.  But otherwise, their assets are mostly an open book.  

On 3/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, babysdaddy said:

Brisket- it's kentucky!!! moscow mitch and rand!  put it together man.  they're russian agents.  It makes sense if you just think about it

Oh, I went there, too. Do you deny the documented connection of GOPs to Russia? 

Paul Ryan recorded by Kevin McCarthy in 2016. McCarthy says he thinks Rohrabacher and Trump are on Putin's payroll; Ryan says keep it in the family. Omerta.

Maria Butina:

I’ll tell you what popped out at me as I read through the affidavit filed by the FBI agent in charge of investigating her. It was in paragraph 18, bottom of page 5, stating that Butina wrote an email to “U.S. Person 1” to suggest a plan by which she would work herself into the good graces of “POLITICAL PARTY 1.” What popped out at me was the date. She wrote this email on March 24, 2015.

Why is this significant? Because Butina, being Russian and all, is normally thought of as being associated with Trump. But on March 24, 2015, Donald Trump was a private citizen. Nobody thought he was running for president (he announced his candidacy in mid-June).

In other words: Butina, working for a prominent Russian official with whom the affidavit says she conspired on all these moves, laid out this plan to her American contact to infiltrate “POLITICAL PARTY 1”—obviously, the Republican Party—before Trump was even in the picture.

This is worth dwelling on. So it didn’t take Trump being a candidate for the Russians to decide to work to influence American electoral politics. They decided before Trump. The pre-Trump Republican Party, that is to say, was already plenty corrupt for them.

I didn't just wake up one morning looking for ways to smear the despicable Mitch. He leads a party that now serves as apologists for Putin as he wages a terrorist war on Ukraine. He leads a party that blocks investigations into criminal activities of its members and the GOP president himself including the president's attempt to extort Ukraine. Omerta.

I read a story about a Kentucky TRS massively invested in Russia. I don't think my mind immediately turning to Moscow Mitch is hysteria or vendetta. 

And here is something you don't hear much from the GЯP and it's lackeys among the hoi polloi; the article appears to have been inaccurate, and I may have been wrong. The lackeys repeat lies even after they're identified as such. That shoe will fit plenty around here and over on the Daily Texan "no politics!" board.

Do you have any concern about Russian involvement in American politics? Do you have any concern about Trump's involvment with the Russians that he consistently lied about? 

"I hate Biden, but I'm glad he got elected.........................................................................."

It's in a different thread and I'm not going to dredge it up, but the person who rehabilitated the former president's image the most was Mark Burnett, the producer of The Apprentice. This is the same man who reached out to Trump after 2016 to see if Trump's advisors would meet with Robert Foresman, the banker with ties to Russia. They met, but Foresman didn't get a job within the administration. Burnett and Trump go back far enough and Burnett isn't squeamish about connections to Russians with Kremlin/Putin  positions or access. When the show, Destination Mir, didn't materialize in the early 2000s, The Apprentice, in 2004, did.

Some reading material:

From 2019: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donald-trump-as-an-icon-of-american-success

From 2001: https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/home/20010128mag-burnett.html

58 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh, I went there, too. Do you deny the documented connection of GOPs to Russia? 

Paul Ryan recorded by Kevin McCarthy in 2016. McCarthy says he thinks Rohrabacher and Trump are on Putin's payroll; Ryan says keep it in the family. Omerta.

Maria Butina:

I didn't just wake up one morning looking for ways to smear the despicable Mitch. He leads a party that now serves as apologists for Putin as he wages a terrorist war on Ukraine. He leads a party that blocks investigations into criminal activities of its members and the GOP president himself including the president's attempt to extort Ukraine. Omerta.

I read a story about a Kentucky TRS massively invested in Russia. I don't think my mind immediately turning to Moscow Mitch is hysteria or vendetta. 

And here is something you don't hear much from the GЯP and it's lackeys among the hoi polloi; the article appears to have been inaccurate, and I may have been wrong. The lackeys repeat lies even after they're identified as such. That shoe will fit plenty around here and over on the Daily Texan "no politics!" board.

Do you have any concern about Russian involvement in American politics? Do you have any concern about Trump's involvment with the Russians that he consistently lied about? 

"I hate Biden, but I'm glad he got elected.........................................................................."

CALPERS had $1.5 Billion invested in Russian related public and private entities.  Sounds like a big number until you compare it to the size of their overall investment portfolio.  Same thing in Kentucky (and anywhere else for that matter).  Position sizes relative to their portfolio are important.  Not just total dollar amounts.  Only seeing things through a political lenses can skew judgment ability.  I mocked the initial reaction because it is so breathtakingly stupid I didn't feel it warranted a reasonable response.  

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

CALPERS had $1.5 Billion invested in Russian related public and private entities.  Sounds like a big number until you compare it to the size of their overall investment portfolio.  Same thing in Kentucky (and anywhere else for that matter).  Position sizes relative to their portfolio are important.  Not just total dollar amounts.  Only seeing things through a political lenses can skew judgment ability.  I mocked the initial reaction because it is so breathtakingly stupid I didn't feel it warranted a reasonable response.  

Your political lenses evidently blocked you from reading my post. I responded to your argument that seemed to say suspecting Mitch was somehow an hysterical leap on the same level as, say, Hillary Clinton plotted the Benghazi deaths. I suspect your next answer, should you decide my post is not breathtakingly stupid, will be about Benghazi.

I posted about the GЯP's Russia connections and how such a suspicion about Mitch were indeed founded in a grasp of known facts. You choose not to address the point of my post. I'm guessing you grew too faint to write in the presence of such astonishing imbecility. Of course, I apologize for that.

From your soaring intellectual heights, you choose to quote me and then plunge into the numbers about investment as though I hadn't written, "the article appears to have been inaccurate, and I may have been wrong." Even a blithering idiot might suspect you were keeping to a narrow, off-point focus to avoid addressing the post you chose to quote.

I am but a humble caveman in your palace of mental acuity. Your intellect scares and confuses me. I can see that your political lenses are very dirty and need either extensive cleaning or replacement. 

Sorry, but I've got to run now. I must do some shitting in my hand and throwing it as passersby. Ciao!

5 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Fair point, but institutional investors divest far faster, from far larger positions (% of equity/Alt/private), for far less egregious activities.  The shit that our own UT scholarship endowment and UTIMCO and TRS/ERS have sold off for makes this look Kentucky shit quite embarrassing.  Sometimes the dumping of global equities, while stinging, is to send a message.  The political pressure cannot be ignored.

• 4 weeks later...