Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

I guess he means he's taking the approach that lying to unexpected questions at media day is less egregious than failing to follow university policy for three years. But he'll need the OSU admin to back him up on that. Could be the equivalent of the Penn State AD conversations with the school VP where they admit they discussed Sandusky but offer no specifics and everyone is left guessing.

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

"Dear Buckeye Nation,

Although it's taken several days, the University and I may have found a way for me to continue as coach. Football is the THE priority at THE Ohio State University. We will soon let you know who will be scapegoated. Outsiders will not be happy, but continue to circle the wagons. 

Sincerely,

Urban"

Dammit. This is really fucking good. 

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha.

He failed with his words. Words are hard. I can see how not being prepared to discuss something could make you accidentally say that something you know happened actually never happened and that a reporter completely made it up.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Invented history is still history, brah!

Urban employed some pretty dumb attorneys. Whoever drafted that nonsense needs to be taken out and horsewhipped.

He is now placed himself in a firm position of, "I did report it." And there had better be proof.

If he did, someone up the chain of command is going to have his head chopped off.

If there is no tangible proof that he reported it, he just sealed his fate.

• Like 1

I've been saying this for years, ou and tosu have very similar cultures - aggie would be in this group if we did not exist. They are systematic in cheating but truly believe it's not illegal. They blind follow and never question the message coming from their information ministry. 

So in 2009when his life coach talked her into not pressing charges, he was respecting women and core values? By having his cronies talk her out of it, he probably committed her to almost a decade of abuse. Her life could have been different from that point in time forward.

Yeah, I drank the kool aid when we were winning but the wheels started falling off the bus at UF in 2007. That’s when we learned what comes out of his mouth is not always (or usually) the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Urban employed some pretty dumb attorneys. Whoever drafted that nonsense needs to be taken out and horsewhipped.

He is now placed himself in a firm position of, "I did report it." And there had better be proof.

If he did, someone up the chain of command is going to have his head chopped off.

They'll find/pay some secretary/student worker to say they lost the email.

Seriously, what "truth" can save him at this point?  The only thing I can think of is that the guy is completely innocent of beating his wife.  Otherwise, is "reporting" it good enough?  Sounds like the Art Briles defense.  "I told them and at that point it's not my problem."  No, you never followed up and you continues employing said wife beater for years.  Fuck you.  

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Basically he did say something:  

herbiemakestop.png

Fuck this weak kneed pussy ass bitch. You didn’t reserve judgement or withhold opinion on anyone else’s dumpster fire. You reveled in the controversy. Now you are gonna let a group of OSU homers “investigate” and regurgitate their corrupt findings as proof of OSU and Urbans innocence. Go fuck yourself. Fucking loser. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Title 9 was created to protect females who were employed by or students at universities. Trying to apply such a broad use that can easily be construed as over-reaching the intent of the law will most likely easily to be destroyed in court. This is why there's zero chance Ohio state uses a Title Nine violation to fire Urban

I don't usually neg people, but dammit. Never go full retard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

If he reported it, then why would he say it never happened and the "who makes this stuff up" comment?

fuck him and tosu

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Seriously, what "truth" can save him at this point?  The only thing I can think of is that the guy is completely innocent of beating his wife.  Otherwise, is "reporting" it good enough?  Sounds like the Art Briles defense.  "I told them and at that point it's not my problem."  No, you never followed up and you continues employing said wife beater for years.  Fuck you.  

Well, yeah. That's EXACTLY what his stance is going to be. 

JoPa 2.0

Is this statement not to show his innocence but instead a negation tool for his buyout.

He claims he did report it so no firing with cause and he can then also try and take others in admin with him on the way out. But instead if we can get to X buyout number I’ll just recant this and take the hit on my own.

if you look at this as a negaoation tactic for his buyout instead of a plea for innoncence then this ham fisted PR statement makes more sense.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that those investigating this matter within the University are spending as much time guaging the outcome of retaining Urban as they are in actual fact finding and that their decision has way more to do with what blowback they will receive in keeping Urban than it has to do with facts. 

5 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I have a feeling that those investigating this matter within the University are spending as much time guaging the outcome of retaining Urban as they are in actual fact finding and that their decision has way more to do with what blowback they will receive in keeping Urban than it has to do with facts. 

Pedo State Logic. Build him a fucking statue already.

6 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Yup, their legal liability isn't the same as Baylor and PSU.  This is purely about PR.  I'm guessing they'll find a way to say he's learned and will do better.

8 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Kirk Herbstreit went full Aikman years ago. Neither of those guys will ever answer even the most banal of questions.

It's worth remembering that Herbstreit moved to I think Nashville from Columbus because the OSU fans were making his life hell.

The fact that kirk publicly said that lets you know it's not true. Kirk is a POS.

Title IX violation or not, the optics are not very good for Ohio state athletics right now.  I’m not a legal expert but unless he had a similar clause in his contract at the time of the incidents, I don’t think that it’s enforcable.  

What matters in this case is the public opinion.  The ultimate question is does Ohio State do the right thing and clean house?  Because I don’t think there’s an arbitrator out there that will side with Meyer should the university invoke the fired with cause clause in his current deal.  This schadenfreude has absolutely tarnished the image of the university which I’m sure is grounds for termination.

Fuck Zach smith. Fuck Urban Meyer.  Fuck Kevin Morgan.  And most of all Fuck Chip Brown.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

6 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

So he reported it, but didn't care enough to do anything else in 2015. He reported it, and the O$U didn't care enough to do anything. He reported it and no Title IX investigation took place. Good bullshit.

Burn the whole motherfucker to the ground, for all I care.

If he reported the 2015 incident (which I highly doubt), and if that triggered a Title IX investigation (no idea if it would), wouldn't there be more than some just emails that are easily deleted or "lost"? Wouldn't there actually be required forms, documentation, paperwork, etc. with the Title IX office? Seems like that's the only kind of proof that would back him up.

Edited by Art Vandelay

7 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Guess urban is safe since the AD knew and did nothing.

This is eerily similar to the excuse Pedo State uses to exonerate Paterno.

Also it is a hell of coincidence all this pro OSU stuff comes out within minutes of each other. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
added

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Bucknuts.com  is a riot right now. 

Ohio State simply needs to back Urban Meyer until there is some evidence he did something wrong - innocent until proven guilty. No reason to suspend him at all. Even when he fired Zach Smith, there still weren't any official charges against the guy. Urban has done what he should. Period.

OSU's administration are letting the agenda-driven national media dictate their personnel decisions which, to me, is complete horseshit. Ohio State's administration are simply a bunch of cowards that need to sack up. The national media and other fanbases are ALWAYS going to attack us. They will always be after us for one thing or another. That will never change, no matter who your coach is, so stop worrying about pleasing everybody.

Ho. Lee. Shit. This is Pedo State level crazy.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

"Dear Buckeye Nation,

Although it's taken several days, the University and I may have found a way for me to continue as coach. Football is the THE priority at THE Ohio State University. We will soon let you know who will be scapegoated. Outsiders will not be happy, but continue to circle the wagons. 

Sincerely,

Urban"

Well........ d,uuuuuuuh.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games