Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

20 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

If Smith is already fired, why would he meet with OSU officials?

I'd tell them to F off.

Maybe to tell them what they want to hear so that they have an excuse to keep Urban.  He might feel guilty about Urbans' neck being in the noose for his shenanigans.

Smith: "I was just defending myself from her attacks"

OSU - "well we investigated.  It's a "she said/he said" and he seems believable.  Coach Meyer is reinstated." 

There will of course be blow back on their decision to keep Meyer which they will countered with "If we fired Urban, he'd sue us, so by keeping him we are actually defending the people of this state from a lawsuit again the University which would actually be paid for by the taxpayers.  So you see, keeping him is actually the responsible, only morally justifiable decision we could have made.  It's out of our hands."

Edited by Lhorn

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe to tell them what they want to hear so that they have an excuse to keep Urban.  He might feel guilty about Urbans' neck being in the noose for his shenanigans.

Smith: "I was just defending myself from her attacks"

OSU - "well we investigated.  It's a "she said/he said" and he seems believable.  Coach Meyer is reinstated." 

I guess they just have to ignore the texts where he admits choking her.

52 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just went on Bucknuts . That was a mistake. 

Hermans didn’t talk to McMurphy. He even stated they did not. But the vitriol on their board for Hermans helping out a battered friend is insane. 

Even if they did, which they didn’t, how is alerting a reporter about a staff member who is abusing their wife a bad thing? 

They’ve pretty much convinced themselves this is 100% true

On 8/5/2018 at 10:30 PM, Mitch Hedberg said:

Get ready for a shit show involving Herman. ESPN is preparing a story.

As I said last weekend although it wasn’t ESPN. Starting to come out on how involved Tom and his wife were with Smith’s wife. They helped her out substantially. Rumor is Zach Smith is a prick who liked to video people doing stuff and may have some dirt on Herman. But not sure how it will play out.  

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

This is the sad situation we have with internet rumors.  Once it is out there, it will stay out there.  

Not that I give a shit but OSU fans will hate Texas and Herman forever and will probably never have any basis in fact for doing so.

Yeah, Texas should sue the Ohio State reporter for slander. Let's get him in a depo with some of our top alumni attorneys.

Brilliant (attempted) misdirection on the part of Ohio State.  When you allow systematic coverups of choking pregnant women within an inch of their lives, throw another big-named program under the bus.  1945 Germany would be very proud, "Nevermind what we've been up to...what until you see what the Soviets have planned!". 

In fact, you can't tell me Urban Meyer doesn't look a little like Joseph Goebbels.  

23 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

As I said last weekend although it wasn’t ESPN. Starting to come out on how involved Tom and his wife were with Smith’s wife. They helped her out substantially. Rumor is Zach Smith is a prick who liked to video people doing stuff and may have some dirt on Herman. But not sure how it will play out.  

At what point do you realize you're in too deep? At what point to you step back and re-engage with society? We are talking about college football not the JFK assassination.

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Brilliant (attempted) misdirection on the part of Ohio State.  When you allow systematic coverups of choking pregnant women within an inch of their lives, throw another big-named program under the bus.  1945 Germany would be very proud, "Nevermind what we've been up to...what until you see what the Soviets have planned!". 

In fact, you can't tell me Urban Meyer doesn't look a little like Joseph Goebbels.  

It would be more comparable if Germany had attempted to deflect attention by calling out the Allies for reporting the concentration camps.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 1

Some day, there'll be a Big 10 Mount Rushmore of Shame.  It will be the four men leading athletics programs who eventually covered up the anal rape of young boys, the sexual molestation of hundreds of young girls in training (two men in this case), and the coverup to protect a mentor's son even though that man chokes and beats pregnant women for fun.  And god willing, like Joe Paterno, those men have/will retire in shame and die shortly thereafter.  Paterno, Tim Curley, Hollis, and now Meyer.  All were/are cowards that have no business claiming to be involved in education or leadership or molding young men.  I'll never understand the idolatry involving coaches in this country.    

59 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is what it all boils down to

Agreed. This story also does not bother me because we have CDC, we're no longer living amateur hour or snubbing our noses. We will have favorable national coverage as CDC treats them like professionals. 

This is nice work by Surly members keeping everything in this thread so far. In the old days, there would have been two Herman-Urban threads going in addition to this one, with posters saying they saw something about Jason Day in the title so they didn't read this one. 🙌

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer placed on administrative leave, Herman accused of being source for story
17 minutes ago, Bartles said:

This is nice work by Surly members keeping everything in this thread so far. In the old days, there would have been two Herman-Urban threads going in addition to this one, with posters saying they saw something about Jason Day in the title so they didn't read this one. 🙌

If this triggers future reckless posting behavior you only have yourself to blame. 

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

Isn't the implication that Carano (victim's mom) was paid off to defend Zach now, despite her damning texts at the time?

Coverup may be heaping shit on shit.

It could make it harder for tOSU to justify keeping Urban if it is assumed a bigger cover up is possible...

Since I haven't followed this as closely as some of you, can I ask a couple of questions.
McMurphys last tweet - who is the Carano person and what lied did he tell that McMurphy is blowing up?
One of the Buckeye fans mentioned getting dicked by Lincoln Reily.  What was that about?
Carano is Smith's mom, IIRC.

Lil Lincoln said 0u would never hire a wife beater. But you can beat your gf or random wimmenz.

Snook is also the piece of shit OSU mouthpiece who stated Carano, Courtney Smith’s mother, didn’t believe her Daughter and that she’s always been a liar etc. McMuprhy interviews Carano afterwards and she stated that’s not true whatsoever with texts to prove it. 

Snook is trying to steer the conversation away from Urban 

16 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Does the ohio governor kasich weigh in?
Seemed like he would be a straight shooter, not sure how much power he has.
And loochie jr needs to fuck right off. Snook is chin pubes twin?

Do you even vote bro? Kasich wouldn't say a damned word that could possibly piss off Ohio State fan. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Buckeye fans and media are showing what trash they really are. Where the fuck was Snook when Smith was beating his wife? How come none of the local media even tried to follow up on any of his arrests?

Buckeye fans have always showed what trash they are. It is known.

Anyone who attended one of the Texas/Ohio State games saw it firsthand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Texags is eating this stuff up. God I love those dumb sons of bitches.

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Good Lord. I just made the mistake of going over there. What a bunch for goddamn idiots. Fuck aggy and fuck OSU.

TexAgs is having a banner year for batshit craziness.  They are fully on board with that Q anonymous shit.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/295

I half expect them to bust out with diagrams linking Tom Herman to ancient alien civilizations and Nazis on the moon, with a UFO being stored under Littlefield Fountain.

• Like 5

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games