Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

17 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If he's they guy who's been droppin' dimes to McMurphy, it's a scumbag move, not befitting the HC of an elite university like Texas.  But hardly illegal, or anything like that.  Not sure why you guys are all wrapped up in it.

Because in any crime it's always the whistle blower who's the most guilty

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If he's they guy who's been droppin' dimes to McMurphy, it's a scumbag move, not befitting the HC of an elite university like Texas.  But hardly illegal, or anything like that.  Not sure why you guys are all wrapped up in it.

Almost as Scumbaggy as protecting and employing a coke-head wife-beater for years.

• Like 8

Go fuck yourself. The scumbag isn't the shitfuck hitting his wife or the head coach covering it up. Clearly TH is the issue here. Nice distraction.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Haha. You created a thread called “Jim Harbaugh still coaches at Michigan” which is funny because Urban Meyer is going to get fired. Haha. Urban Meyer is going to get fired and you’re still going have a thread titled “Jim Harbaugh still coaches at Michigan” which will totally have a different meaning than you originally intended. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

If he's they guy who's been droppin' dimes to McMurphy, it's a scumbag move, not befitting the HC of an elite university like Texas.  

Yeah, we're upset that Herman might have ratted on a coach that's been beating his wife. While at the same time providing financial assistance out of his own pocket to a domestic violence victim. Long before Garrett Wilson even entered the recruiting picture by the way.  

That scumbag. 

How dare Herman "drop dimes" on an abuser and help a domestic violence victim. Scumbag. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Bigger scumbag move: 

A) Employing a known wife-beater and lying about your knowledge of it.

B) Outing the cover-up guy.

7 hours ago, Parliament said:

First, we are not wrapoed up in it. The only reason Herman’s name was ever mentioned was because Urban’s mouthpieces started throwing out more lies to change the narrative. Those lies were quickly shot down.  

Secondly, an Ohio St fan is in no position to tell anyone else what a befitting move should be for a head coach. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 3

I think Snook's source was Zach Smith and not Urban. Don't forget that in McMurphy's initial facebook posts there were texts from Courtney Smith that said Zach Smith would try to bring everyone down with him. 

Zach Smith seems like a real psycho that would do something like this after finding out that Michelle Herman was giving money to his wife. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-Zach-Smith-reportedly-said-hed-take-everyone-down-with-him-120288340/

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

I’m not sure why hot takes like these from fans of a school being investigated for rape or domestic violence surprises me, but it shows how blind and tone deaf we become as a society to defend our winning Corch and fooseball team. 

What a fucking unbelievable dumb statement. Yea all Herman was thinking about was a wr recruit and that’s why he said something if he even did. I thought your fan base would be better than pedo state or Baylor but guess not fuckface.

How rich, tOSU fans calling other people scumbags.

You’ve always been one of the worst posters here.
  • Like 1

The bucknut staff/ fans seem to think there is something to gain by saying Herman snitched.

Seems to me, accountability would  be a very strong selling point for Tom on the recruiting trail. 

You were doing so well until now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

You are wrong. I hope that you, on reflection, see just how so.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day, as thousands of individuals insert themselves into the dysfunctional relationships of former co-workers by calling their former bosses to report information the wife passed on in confidence.

"Hey, Jim. Remember me? It's Duke. I worked for you five years ago. Well, a couple of weeks ago my wife told me in confidence of a conversation she had (in confidence) with good old Bob's ex-wife. I think it is my duty to share with you the details of the confidential conversation the victimized woman had with my wife. Once you get off the phone, go pass along to Bob what he wife is saying privately. Because, you know, if they are true and Bob has beaten his wife, I am sure now I have gotten you involved, Bob will probably hunt down his ex to apologize and come over to my house tonight to thank both my wife and myself for helping him with his anger management issues. And if the allegations aren't true, I'm sure Bob will do nothing and laugh the accusations off."

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

CDC needs to get on top of this immediately and the best way to do that IMO is this

sit Tom down and tell him that he needs to tell the entire story about what happened and if he leaked anything, his wife leaked anything or if they prompted anyone to leak anything then Tom needs to tell CDC that and tell Tom that he has 24 hours to go home, talk to his wife, make double sure she did not tell anyone anything or prompt anyone to do things then come back to CDC and tell him the full truth with knowledge that if he is found to be lying in the future it will be his job

then Tom can come back and tell CDC 100% the truth and then CDC can craft a message to release to the public

if Tom or his wife or someone they prompted did leak it then CDC can support him for looking out for abused women and say that Texas stands behind a coach that supports women getting out of abusive situations......if they did not leak or did not prompt anyone then CDC simply says he has been assured that Tom and his wife and associates did not leak anything and that GUARANTEE by Tom and his wife came with the assurance that if Tom was not telling the truth and it was proven then Tom would be let go with cause and not paid anything

then CDC says that Texas does not support the abuse of women and the story on Toms involvement (or lack of hopefully) has been told and that CDC and Texas will no longer comment on it because the abuse and the cover up does not involve Texas and that if anyone has proof that Tom or his wife and associates were involved in leaking it then they need to come forward with concrete proof immediately because Texas will no longer address "unknown sources" and that if Tom and his wife or associates were involved in the leak then Texas will still not address it any further because spousal abuse is wrong and it was not happening at Texas and Texas is not the one investigating allegations of that and Texas has no further involvement and that Texas stands with those that help women get away from abusers Texas does not stand with those that try and cover it up or prolong it

CDC needs to call out those that are trying to blame Tom if Tom assures CDC he was not involved and if on the off chance that Tom says he was involved Texas needs to call out those that are trying to vilify Tom for helping a woman get away from an abusive situation and Texas and CDC need to drop it all 100% back in the lap of osu

to me that is the simplest way to handle it.....if involved in the leak at all say yes we helped someone get out from an abusive situation and we will never shy away from supporting that and we vilify those that would try and cover that up and if not involved say "proof" or stop asking

You've been drinking heavily, haven't you?

I hope you've been drinking heavily.

Guilty people always go on the offensive. Zack Smith is a scumbag.  I have a friend who played varsity sports at tOSU.  I asked him thoughts.  He made mention of TH helping Courtney and questioned his knowledge of all the facts.  He’s totally behind Urban.  He said there is information coming out that will prove Courtney is crazy and made all this up.

This report shows that tOSU will wag the dog to change the focus from the facts of the case. Blame TH for helping someone who was abused and he’s the bad guy?  He’s a leaker and mad because he’s mad he lost a recruit?  So now the guy that led their offense to a MNC is a scumbag because a kid who grew up in Columbus, moved to Austin, and wants to be a Buckeye, scorned Texas and TH and he has an axe to grind?   The delusion of their fans and this writer is sad.  They only care about winning games and don’t care about what their HC let happen and did nothing to change.  I think UM should be fired.

I’m not sure why hot takes like these from fans of a school being investigated for rape or domestic violence surprises me, but it shows how blind and tone deaf we become as a society to defend our winning Corch and fooseball team. 
What a fucking unbelievable dumb statement. Yea all Herman was thinking about was a wr recruit and that’s why he said something if he even did. I thought your fan base would be better than pedo state or Baylor but guess not fuckface.

Sports are a fun distraction but they are not much more important than that. The crazy fucks who harassed Simms are exactly the type of person that covers for Briles/Paterno.

It's only a scumbag move if the dropping of ten-cent pieces is done or timed in such a way that the only motivation can be said to be revenge or to damage the program.  Neither the coin-dropping nor the timing thereof has been established to be either.

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

But Urban Meyer needs to be cleared yesterday? Go Buckeyes! Fuck Texas and their domestic violence victim supporting asshole of a coach! Amirite?

10 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I'll sorry is this football we're discussing? Fuck your feelings snowflake and post in gamethreads only then

This is a football thread. Take your shit to the politics thread.

However, this thread really isn't about football. Maybe it should be moved.

• Like 1

Y'all ever think that it's just not that tOSU, PSU, and Baylor fans are idiots (they likely are), but that the circling of the wagons, and blind devotion are more like human nature than characteristics unique to these particular fan bases? I mean when has there been a scandal of this level where a fan base did NOT display these disgusting tendencies? Dare I say that if this happened to UT some of us might behave in the same way? BTW, this is in no way an excuse for how they are behaving (they are indeed abhorrent behaviors), I'm just more curious if this is less about "those depraved Ohioans (or Wacos)" and more an indictment of humans' tendency for blind allegiance to "our people"?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Y'all ever think that it's just not that tOSU, PSU, and Baylor fans are idiots (they likely are), but that the circling of the wagons, and blind devotion are more like human nature than characteristics unique to these particular fan bases? I mean when has there been a scandal of this level where a fan base did NOT display these disgusting tendencies? Dare I say that if this happened to UT some of us might behave in the same way? BTW, this is in no way an excuse for how they are behaving (they are indeed abhorrent behaviors), I'm just more curious if this is less about "those depraved Ohioans (or Wacos)" and more an indictment of humans' tendency for blind allegiance to "our people"?

I have always said if any of this happened at aggy and especially now with their future world champion coach of 201_ jimbo fisher how fucking crazy the aggy would be? I seriously think it would be 100 times as bad as pedo st. And that was bad. 

20 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Gtfo with this level headed bullshit. This is a thread for over the top hyperbole and victim shaming.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Y'all ever think that it's just not that tOSU, PSU, and Baylor fans are idiots... Dare I say that if this happened to UT some of us might behave in the same way? BTW, this is in no way an excuse for how they are behaving (they are indeed abhorrent behaviors), I'm just more curious if this is less about "those depraved Ohioans (or Wacos)" and more an indictment of humans' tendency for blind allegiance to "our people"?

Dude, we've won one national championship since 1970 and two conference titles since 1997. If we didn't have moral high ground to look down on other programs, life on the message boards would be pretty painful. Trust me, we'll go to any lengths to preserve it. High standards are important but in the heat of the moment, we'll be willing to employ delusion too.

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Point of parliamentary procedure.   

33 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

"Both sides!"

Fuck wife beaters and anyone who does NOT report them!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

For the record - when an abuse victim speaks in confidence, it is NEVER the right thing to take that information to the employer of the abuser, with the victim having no clue of your having done so. Think about it for a minute and, if you can't grasp the logic, you have a serious problem.

Agreed with regard to their employer. That seems like the absolute best way to further endanger the victim.

The authorities, however... 

I'm telling somebody who can change/ address the situation if I feel my confidant is in danger.

11 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Watch a few seasons of Hard Knocks, you start to realize it’s about 1 out of every 2.  And that’s at the highest professional level.

True, many are over payed by position, not by proven skill, (cough) Jimbo (cough)...

36 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Of course. It's tribalism.

But if people come on here with victim-blaming bullshit toward battered women and idiotic conspiracy theories that prove they can't see the world beyond the scope of the amateur football team they like...then they deserve to be called out as the trash that they are. And if UT fans were doing this, I am pretty confident that they would (rightfully) be treated as such on this board. 

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Why in the ever loving fuck would anyone think it’s a good idea to give every moron on the planet a voice.

Maybe the billionaire who created it???

you have a voice

your on the planet

one of the morons???

Edited by TexasTroll

55 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Dude, we've won one national championship since 1970 and two conference titles since 1997. If we didn't have moral high ground to look down on other programs, life on the message boards would be pretty painful. Trust me, we'll go to any lengths to preserve it. High standards are important but in the heat of the moment, we'll be willing to employ delusion too.

Damn, this right here, I'm in.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Michelle Herman liked this tweet. This is actually a plausible scenario. The Snook story could be coming from Zach Smith's camp and not Urban. 

This actually makes the most sense, I would have though UM retained better attorneys who would not have taken this approach.

Z Smith OTOH, he's just an asshole and this fits both his "she's just a crazy bitch out to get me" narrative AND his timeline for thinking he deserves his job back.  His likely much lesser paid lawyer may even have condoned going on the offensive, releasing info about hermans "paying" his ex (in 2017) and trying to spin it's about a wr recruit.  

So we have a shitbag implying TH went scorched earth and is trying to ruin the careers of several people over 1 recruit.  OTOT there's the implication that shitbag is using said wr as a pawn to make up an implausible defense.

Side note, bucknutz thinks the "I'm sick" quote is referencing them, and the grown adults fighting on his twitter.   The way this is going down, I will be shocked if he sticks with his commitment (barring the highly improbable outcome this was a huge conspiracy against tOSU)

• Like 1

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games