Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Everybody arguing that Urban would say no (I think he would say yes) isn’t what Belmont should be thinking right now.  It is damn near negligent of CDC and the powers that be to not reach out to Urban at this point to see if he wants the job.  You don’t see a coach with his credentials sitting around too often especially when your program is run by someone who thinks he is Mensa but is really on the spectrum.  Urban is your typical scum bag great coach (just like Dabo and Saban and many others before them) but that is what is needed to win at college football.  If money is the reason we are going to keep Herman then we really aren’t a football school and should just say so.  Keeping Herman means we lose 4-5 games this year and he would do the same for the next few years if he was allowed to stay.  If people think suddenly he will become a great or even good coach they are morons.  He is a shitty coach.  When players constantly commit penalties, make dumb plays, and lose games over and over that is all on the coach.  It’s time to ask Urban.  If he says no thanks that is a different story as there may not be many great options out there.  

• Hook 'Em 3

At the game today (pretty weird scene all the way around). This team looks like any team in any field you see where management is spastic and inconsistent.  The "employees" never know what to expect from one minute to the next.  So you got this jackhole who does seemingly hard edge shit like serve burnt toast and runny eggs but then also tries to bro out with his players, wear grills, give them kisses, taunt opponents etc.  Are you my coach, my boss, my mentor, my bro, my buddy?  They don't probably really know what to think or expect from one minute to next and so they likely get lost in a sea of confusion and hurt feelings (I thought you were my bro, now you're up my ass).  It all comes out in their wildly bullshit play.  Saban is a misanthropic fuck but his players know that, expect that and comport themselves accordingly.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

Just having some fun at you guys expense. Sit back and enjoy what is beginning to look like a sub .500 season. If you get a chance tune into some ATM Football and watch a real team in a real conference play ball.

OBTW I love the negs. It's your only response to the truth you don't want to hear.

aggy will never win it all, chisel teeth

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

No I have just read all the Briles jokes and how Baylor sold their soul and Meyer has left two places in turmoil and Florida not far off from what Briles did at Baylor. I am just pointing out that UT would basically be doing what Baylor did and selling the soul. Me personally I am fine with it but I mean we got people crying about players not staying for Eyes after the game today, I can only imagine the uproar if Meyers starts doing his same shit. 

You don't see the difference between Meyer and Art?  I'd rather quit football than hire Briles

34 minutes ago, OUsucks69 said:

Daniel Figurelli is a racist intern at PricewaterhouseCoopers who likes to harass teenagers

Without totally derailing the thread...He got relieved of his internship with PWC and had to either take a job at a regional firm or move on to other financial services. I had also seen references to moving out of state but that was never confirmed.

He most certainly tries to go by his first and middle name as opposed to Figurelli. He’s a piece of shit and a lousy excuse for a human being. I check about once or twice a year to make sure he didn’t slip through the cracks and end up hired at my big 4 public accounting firm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

You don't think so? I believe once the dust settles, he, along with most others will get a mulligan on 2020 unless it is something egregious away from football. I am of course purely speculating.

There's some parallel universe just a couple doors down from ours where Colt doesn't get injured and we have 7 national titles on the stadium.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You don't see the difference between Meyer and Art?  I'd rather quit football than hire Briles

“The program was out of control,” former Florida safety Bryan Thomas told the Sporting News.

Part of the problem, according to the report, is that Meyer’s players said he developed a “circle of trust” group of players that could get away with anything and Meyer would look the other way because of their talent on the football field.

Former players told the Sporting News that future pro stars Percy Harvin, Brandon Spikes, and Aaron Hernandez all missed a game due to failed drug tests for marijuana. Officially, Meyer reported that the three were injured.

The Sporting News’ investigation pointed to Harvin as getting the most preferential treatment. The Sporting News said multiple players confirmed that Harvin physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground.

It took two other assistant coaches to pull Harvin off Gonzales, players told the Sporting News, but Harvin was never disciplined. Gonzales would later resign by putting his keys, cell phone, and a resignation letter on Meyer’s desk.

More than 30 players were arrested in Meyer’s six seasons. Tight end Aaron Hernandez admitted to failing a drug test at UF which cost his draft stock. Harvin failed a drug test at the NFL combine and caused him to slip in the first round, according to the Sporting News.

And this is the stuff people are willing to talk about. 

5 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

“The program was out of control,” former Florida safety Bryan Thomas told the Sporting News.

Part of the problem, according to the report, is that Meyer’s players said he developed a “circle of trust” group of players that could get away with anything and Meyer would look the other way because of their talent on the football field.

Former players told the Sporting News that future pro stars Percy Harvin, Brandon Spikes, and Aaron Hernandez all missed a game due to failed drug tests for marijuana. Officially, Meyer reported that the three were injured.

The Sporting News’ investigation pointed to Harvin as getting the most preferential treatment. The Sporting News said multiple players confirmed that Harvin physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground.

It took two other assistant coaches to pull Harvin off Gonzales, players told the Sporting News, but Harvin was never disciplined. Gonzales would later resign by putting his keys, cell phone, and a resignation letter on Meyer’s desk.

More than 30 players were arrested in Meyer’s six seasons. Tight end Aaron Hernandez admitted to failing a drug test at UF which cost his draft stock. Harvin failed a drug test at the NFL combine and caused him to slip in the first round, according to the Sporting News.

debbie-downer-01.jpg

• Haha 1

This was supposed to be our year, and yes, 2020 is a fucked up year, but it’s fucked up for everyone. If we lose only to Oklahoma State and Iowa State, I’d say it will be hard for Herman to keep his job, but he could survive. Lose to both and eIther Baylor or KSU, he’s gotta be gone. 

Ahh, I’m just spitballing here. Who the fuck knows. Haha.

2 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Difference between smoking weed and raping coeds

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, txbroadcaster said:

Well at least he is not Lester, Art Briles or Stoops.  They have condoned just as much, but covered it up much better.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

There's some parallel universe just a couple doors down from ours where Colt doesn't get injured and we have 7 national titles on the stadium.

I think about this a lot lately, along with what if Mack hadn't fucked us with the saban hire.

In the colt alternate reality, we would still have sucked in 2010 because Mack had been too busy playing mayor of Austin instead of competent recruiting.  But if Mack rides off into the sunset and lets muschamp take the fall, maybe we hire saban in 2014 anyway.  It's maddening the amount of bad luck and self inflicted fuck ups that got us to this place.

6 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Harvin physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground.

Thats the kind of shit we need here. 

Love how some of y'all think that article is some sort of indictment on Urban. Mack basically did the same shit. Didn't hear anyone complaining about it when we were winning.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

Sure, but when?

Money’s getting motivated.

theoretically he could torn it around, start kicking ass and win out, go to CCG and prove his doubters wrong.  That would take a lot of the building wind out of the sails, but no one thinks that’s happening.  

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I think about this a lot lately, along with what if Mack hadn't fucked us with the saban hire.

In the colt alternate reality, we would still have sucked in 2010 because Mack had been too busy playing mayor of Austin instead of competent recruiting.  But if Mack rides off into the sunset and lets muschamp take the fall, maybe we hire saban in 2014 anyway.  It's maddening the amount of bad luck and self inflicted fuck ups that got us to this place.

I think Muschamp could have done a good job with all the momentum we had. But who knows. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thats the kind of shit we need here. 

Love how some of y'all think that article is some sort of indictment on Urban. Mack basically did the same shit. Didn't hear anyone complaining about it when we were winning.

No shit. It’s like people forgot Sergio Kindle drove a car through a fucking apartment wall in west campus

50 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Fla was the big one and while the OSU one was small he still left when things started getting spicy and many around OSU said if he would have stayed more would have come out. 

Everyone knows about Florida. That has nothing to do with my question. You said he left scorched earth in two places, and now apparently you're saying Ohio State is the second place where he left it.

Here's where he left Ohio State: they won the Big Ten his last two years while going 25-3, closing Meyer's tenure with a 7-0 record against Michigan. The first year after he was gone, they went unbeaten and won a third straight conference crown before losing to Clemson in the playoff by a touchdown.

If that is scorched earth, fucking sign me up. Texas hasn't come close to any of that since the 2009 season. 

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Everyone knows about Florida. That has nothing to do with my question. You said he left scorched earth in two places, and now apparently you're saying Ohio State is the second place where he left it.

Here's where he left Ohio State: they won the Big Ten his last two years while going 25-3, closing Meyer's tenure with a 7-0 record against Michigan. The first year after he was gone, they went unbeaten and won a third straight conference crown before losing to Clemson in the playoff by a touchdown.

If that is scorched earth, fucking sign me up. Texas hasn't come close to any of that since the 2009 season. 

Maybe he meant Utah?  Don’t remember how fast they got their shit back together. 

16 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

This was supposed to be our year, and yes, 2020 is a fucked up year, but it’s fucked up for everyone. If we lose only to Oklahoma State and Iowa State, I’d say it will be hard for Herman to keep his job, but he could survive. Lose to both and eIther Baylor or KSU, he’s gotta be gone. 

We’re losing to kstate and Oklahoma state for sure and most likely Iowa state. 

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We just need more Sundays. It’s fixable. We are 67 of the 75 teams currently playing in penalties. That seems bad. Right? We just need more Sundays. It’s fixable! 

*Best Sundays. Can't have any ordinary Sundays they have to be the best. Ya know 1 step forward 2 steps back type of shit. 

20 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I think we’re losing all 4 of those. And we beat Kansas on a last second field goal last year   Shit we could easily lose out 

Edited by Fletch

9 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Jimmy Johnson also played favorites. Michael Irvin had a whorehouse around the corner and was untouchable, while John Roper fell asleep and was cut. Curvin Richards fumbled a couple times, axed. You don’t want to know what Erik Williams did. 

And Jimmy  admitted he treated players he needed differently.  I don’t have a problem with that.  Meyer overlooked 30+ arrests in 6 years at Florida,  and reinstated a player that punched a woman on video after 3 games.  What bothers me most is that he was a complete weasel on the Smith issue.  “If I wanted to erase old texts how would I do that?”  And, bingo, texts are erased.

But I have to say, even with all that, I’m in on hiring him.  Just be prepared for the fallout in 4-5 years.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas