Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I was all on the Urban bandwagon, but then I read that he allowed his star players extra privileges and even turned a blind eye to grown men smoking marijuana during their personal time.  Now I don’t know if the prospect of winning 5 Conference Champions and 2-3 National Championships would be worth that kind of cancer.

OMG NOT THE DEVILS LETTUCE!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I was all on the Urban bandwagon, but then I read that he allowed his star players extra privileges and even turned a blind eye to grown men smoking marijuana during their personal time.  Now I don’t know if the prospect of winning 5 Conference Champions and 2-3 National Championships would be worth that kind of cancer.

Yup worth it :)

• Hook 'Em 3

As long as they keep the emphasis on hydration I can live with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

Have you got a better option? Because fuckboy Tom Herman isn't it. I'd love to win and be all honorable and shit but look around -- Saban and Dabo are cheating. OU is fucking OU. Nice guys finish fucking middle-of-the-conference in college football or maybe you haven't noticed that. Nobody gives a shit how you do it -- as long as you do it. Either get in line and do what everybody else is doing or just stop playing.

Not that I disagree with you about Saban, Dabo, OU, but any coach worth his weight in shit should be able to roll out there with the players on this roster and beat the hell out of pretty much anyone on the schedule without one iota of cheating. Or at least without any more cheating that's been going on already. No program is squeaky clean.

You forget about the gun-toting hothead he never disciplined that eventually went on to kill 3 people? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Press conference recap.

Grimace

He's inexplicably lost a fair amount of games in his tenure so Tom knows a good post loss practice when he sees one and last week was the best ever.

If we could play midweek we'd be undefeated.

Grimace and drink water.

Tom's taught it correctly for years and these experienced players just don't play like they practice.

Covid has cost us reps  so he can't teach assignments.

Grimace

Accountability by someone, somewhere

Injuries

It IS possible to do it AND do it right now, BUT you only do it right now if you have secured an Urban Meyer and then rallied the money around that, and not secure in premise...SECURE.  If that played out then you can fire Tom this week announce an interim to finish out this season, roll out Urban as the incoming coach (weekly shots of him watching from the press box) and then build into recruiting season, etc. 

If you want Urban, he is sitting right there.  No tampering, no anything, just a free agent ready to be hired.  It is a massive dereliction if we are not looking at that option right now.

Outside of that scenario you just have to roll with it and then we are back to our normal will we/won't we silly season come 12/1.

• Hook 'Em 2

This dude has been on point 

talk has been that the dallas boosters r prepping because they want to throw it in the houston boosters face for failing with the herman hire

0 chance he is fired during the season barring a kansas like disaster 
the dallas booster want urban if they have to settle it will be fleck or campbell with patterson being an outside  option

rumors starting to fly that the donors have the money ready & herman is going to get fired soon

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283277&page=126

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

talk has been that the dallas boosters r prepping because they want to throw it in the houston boosters face for failing with the herman hire

the dallas booster want urban if they have to settle it will be fleck or campbell with patterson being an outside  option

rumors starting to fly that the donors have the money ready & herman is going to get fired soon

Pass on Fleck or Campbell. They seem too much like pre-UT Herman. I am probably wrong, and I can't say I follow them closely. But, meh. Sack up and get Urban. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I hope the Dallas boosters basically get everyone but the Houston BMDs on board and tell them to go fuck themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I hope the Dallas boosters basically get everyone but the Houston BMDs on board and tell them to go fuck themselves. 

How much fun would it be to have ten million laying around to throw at another billionaire face to show him how he was wrong in his fantasy football coach pick

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

How about you just want to go hire Urban because Herman is a shitshow monkey boy and you think Urban is one of the top 3 college football coaches of the last 20 years.  What's with the "rub it in the other booster group's face shit". If the underlying reasoning is really that then oooh boy are we fucked.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas