Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pete Carroll.  He was a DC in college before going to the NFL, but he was fired and then jumped.

Jim Mora.... yuck.

Lane Kiffin.  Not building a good case.

Herm Edwards.  Again, was out of coaching for awhile before going back to college.

Maybe Mike Riley?

Point of Order:  UCLA is NOT a blue blood. Tennessee is NOT a blue blood.   Arizona State is NOT a blue blood.  Oregon State sure the fuck ain't a blue blood.

Point of Order:  UCLA is NOT a blue blood. Tennessee is NOT a blue blood.   Arizona State is NOT a blue blood.  Oregon State sure the fuck ain't a blue blood.

True. Although each (excluding OSU) has, at times, come close to breaking through. For the life of me, I cannot understand ASU not being a bigger program. Not enough BMDs and behind-the-scenes shenanigans?

The point is, FIRE TOM HERMAN.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

As far as the “not coordinated enough” for texas to hire Urban, we may as well shut the program down if that’s the case. This sounds like the most coordinated texas has been behind the scenes in 20 years between AD, President, BOR, BMDs...

Strangely, you're correct.  Seems to be a lot of alignment (for lack of a better Herman phrase) between the President, BoR, BMDs and AD.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Strangely, you're correct.  Seems to be a lot of alignment (for lack of a better Herman phrase) between the President, BoR, BMDs and AD.

Hell, IT just said Hartzell WANTS Urban Meyer...at this point it’s confirmed that the BMDs and Hartzell want CUM. Can’t imagine the BOR or AD have a different opinion. That’s as aligned as I’ve seen the program in my lifetime

• Hook 'Em 6

36 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Or we could Fire Herman, put Carrington on the road.  Not officially hire Urban yet, so that when he is asked on big noon Saturday about who he thinks will win between Oregon and USC, he can steer the topic back around to how great Texas is going to be in a few years.  He can make unlimited in home visits to top recruits as he "vacations" throughout the week.  Then officially hire him Thanksgiving day to get the most publicity for everyone watching NFL and College games over the next few days.

No one is going on the road til at least 2021 cuz of Covid restrictions from NCAA. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to go on the road for this cycle.

• Like 1

Urban is media right now until he’s officially hired right?  If he met with Ewers and was asked “hey coach if you ever got back into coaching how would you use a player like myself and who would you want to run your offense?”   Hypothetically speaking of course.  

If CDC and the rest of the big dogs in the administration and the  BOR want Urban, it's going to occur at the first opportunity we get a chance to flush Tom down the toilet.  If we lose this weekend,  do it Sunday and then go 

USC starts their season next week and Clay Helton is on life support and Urban's name was tossed around to take that job last season.   And really it's us and USC who have the only two jobs  which might become available in the next few weeks who could pay Urban what he wants.  

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

If CDC and the rest of the big dogs in the administration and the  BOR want Urban, it's going to occur at the first opportunity we get a chance to flush Tom down the toilet.  If we lose this weekend,  do it Sunday and then go 

USC starts their season next week and Clay Helton is on life support and Urban's name was tossed around to take that job last season.   And really it's us and USC who have the only two jobs  which might become available in the next few weeks who could pay Urban what he wants.  

I thought we established that the USC Prez was very much against UM? 

Also, isn’t there a date at which Herman’s buyout is significantly decreased (I have 12/1 in my head...if so, the Mullet could hang half a hunert on him and he’d still be employed until then; no?

3 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Also, isn’t there a date at which Herman’s buyout is significantly decreased (I have 12/1 in my head...if so, the Mullet could hang half a hunert on him and he’d still be employed until then; no?

Same thing that's been gone over, over and over again: forget about the money, Tom's hemorrhaging recruits by the hour. If they pull the money together, or find a way to re-assign him, then it needs to be done. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I thought we established that the USC Prez was very much against UM? 

The established USC Pres might find himself looking for a job too if he resisted hiring Urban again if he had a chance.   If there is another fan base who is fit to be tied next to ours, it's USC's as they've slid into the same cycle mediocrity and shit storms as we have in a similar time frame.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

No one is going on the road til at least 2021 cuz of Covid restrictions from NCAA. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to go on the road for this cycle.

Guess I though they could still watch games, just not do in home or official on campus visits.  Well then, that's even better.  Urban could be the only "coach" allowed on the road to watch games and then accidentally run into the kids at Sonic after the game since he wouldn't officially be named our coach yet.  

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Hell, IT just said Hartzell WANTS Urban Meyer...at this point it’s confirmed that the BMDs and Hartzell want CUM. Can’t imagine the BOR or AD have a different opinion. That’s as aligned as I’ve seen the program in my lifetime

Yes, yes. They alllllllllll want CUM!

• Hook 'Em 3

All Urban has to do is walk into his introductory press conference and NOT kiss another man and he'll be off to an infinitely better start than Mensa.  Between the kissing of MB (startling the shit out of an old man), the Mizzou bowl game shenanigans and flipping off  the camera on NSD2, this guy has shown he's not ready for the big time, to say nothing about how the team has performed.

Edited by jdhorn92

since everyone hates me, I will explain why CDC is a pussy and will not fire herman.

1. the outcome of the okst game is irrelevant, correct? then why is herman not already gone? allowing him to possibly win is not logical.

2. mensa's extension/high buyout is because of the false supposition of recruiting.

well, we all know how recruiting is going, lol.

tom isn't going anywhere because of cdc. he would already be fired if it was going to happen.

• Fuck You 12

3 minutes ago, horn.g20 said:

since everyone hates me, I will explain why CDC is a pussy and will not fire herman.

1. the outcome of the okst game is irrelevant, correct? then why is herman not already gone? allowing him to possibly win is not logical.

2. mensa's extension/high buyout is because of the false supposition of recruiting.

tom isn't going anywhere because of cdc. he would already be fired if it was going to happen.

can we ban you when he's fired then?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JPETERMAN said:

Or we could Fire Herman, put Carrington on the road.  Not officially hire Urban yet, so that when he is asked on big noon Saturday about who he thinks will win between Oregon and USC, he can steer the topic back around to how great Texas is going to be in a few years.  He can make unlimited in home visits to top recruits as he "vacations" throughout the week.  Then officially hire him Thanksgiving day to get the most publicity for everyone watching NFL and College games over the next few days.

Yeah this is dumb.  I would imagine Carrington is gone.  There's going to be house cleaning in the program.  I never understand the fans that want certain exalted staff members from a shitty regime to be held over.  

4 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Yeah this is dumb.  I would imagine Carrington is gone.  There's going to be house cleaning in the program.  I never understand the fans that want certain exalted staff members from a shitty regime to be held over.  

You serious?  Carrington is the best person on staff as far as I can tell.  Think of how much worse our recruiting classes would have been the past few years without him carrying weight and pitching in to personally recruit entire position groups on occasion to cover for subpar coaches.  He'd be lethal if we actually had a decent on field product to sell, and a head coach that doesn't come across as a dick to most kids and their parents.  We should definitely try to retain him if we can.     

1 minute ago, JPETERMAN said:

You serious?  Carrington is the best person on staff as far as I can tell.  Think of how much worse our recruiting classes would have been the past few years without him carrying weight and pitching in to personally recruit entire position groups on occasion to cover for subpar coaches.  He'd be lethal if we actually had a decent on field product to sell, and a head coach that doesn't come across as a dick to most kids and their parents.  We should definitely try to retain him if we can.     

Carrimgton would be the worst person on Urbans staff. CUM OR BUST 

37 minutes ago, horn.g20 said:

Did CDC bang your wife?  Or maybe he laid you off from the Athletic Dept?

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Carrimgton would be the worst person on Urbans staff. CUM OR BUST 

Well I can think of a certain defensive coordinator that Urban proclaims love for that I'd much rather get rid of before Carrington.  And oh, maybe we can bring back Zach Smith.
He was a real good hire by Urban, clearly.  Now maybe everyone loves Urban so much that the entire Ohio State coaching staff will jump at the chance to join him in Austin.  But I think we might be able to find a spot to retain one recruiting coordinator who has proven himself to be pretty dang good.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas