Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 11/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, jinx said:

To try and pry this topic away from Taylor 247...

I was all in on this season, thinking it was there for the taking.  Then we shit the bed against Tech, but win.  Lose to a 3-3 TCU team and play like absolute shit against a very beatable OU team.  Now we have crept back in to the top 25 (up one whole place to 21 this week!!!) and somehow I am supposed to be happy about our shot at a Big 12 title (HAHAHAHA).  I'm not at all.

This fucking sucks worse than just losing out, because I can't stand to watch this shit product.  @closetojumping was right.  Only Herman could manage to make this season this fucking miserable.  I mean I would love to win the Big 12, but I am not jumping back on the bandwagon only to have Tom DUI flip the thing into the fucking ditch again.

I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am almost to the point with Texas Football that I have been for the last 2 years with Texas Basketball.  I just flat out don't care.  I mean I care enough to make this post, but not enough to be involved in any meaningful way.

I need Taylor to hold me close to those big fake tittys and tell me Tom is going away...

I'm the same way.  We've won the past 3 weeks and I don't give a damn.  I'm actually pissed off when we win.  I don't want Tom to pull something out of his ass and make it harder for him to get fired.

13 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I haven't.  Where did you hear that from?  I think a new beginning may be best for him.  I know Charlie wanted to leave at some point.

Thought someone on surly suggested something along those lines. Then saw some random suggest the same on twitter. Dude looks unwell compared to last year. Could just be stress or some other personal issue. Pure speculation on my part. 

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Thought someone on surly suggested something along those lines. Then saw some random suggest the same on twitter. Dude looks unwell compared to last year. Could just be stress or some other personal issue. Pure speculation on my part. 

He hasn't tweeted since 9/25.  I think that's unusual.

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Seems from the TFB update, the way I took it, that the money will still be there even if he won the CCG, but would be very unlikely on the university side. They’d give Tom the extra year.

I’m going to have faith that this is what many people referenced what went wrong with the Mack brown/saban saga. CDC is not letting this situation turn into a toxic environment which would give urban even more leverage. Always appear to have faith in the coach until they relieve him of his duties. Optics. Please baby Jesus 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

I’m going to have faith that this is what many people referenced what went wrong with the Mack brown/saban saga. CDC is not letting this situation turn into a toxic environment which would give urban even more leverage. Always appear to have faith in the coach until they relieve him of his duties. Optics. Please baby Jesus 

If Urban has the grande cajones everyone thinks he has, his agent will inform CDC about how leverage really works.   Hire me and I will win the conference, compete for the playoffs, reverse the recruiting losses to my former team, the SEC and OU and I will make Texas a consistent top 5 team.  Otherwise, keep your arrogant prick, lose beaucoup donations, and play second fiddle in Texas to that West Virginia retard 90 miles to the east.  Easy decision for CDC.  Pay the man or hire Christobal.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

If Urban has the grande cajones everyone thinks he has, his agent will inform CDC about how leverage really works.   Hire me and I will win the conference, compete for the playoffs, reverse the recruiting losses to my former team, the SEC and OU and I will make Texas a consistent top 5 team.  Otherwise, keep your arrogant prick, lose beaucoup donations, and play second fiddle in Texas to that West Virginia retard 90 miles to the east.  Easy decision for CDC.  Pay the man or hire Christobal.   

I mean I’m a lawyer - a corporate one - one that’s supposed to go on and on about what the contract says - and I laugh at the “leverage” folks think they have when my clients have the cash to money whip the other side. The leverage that makes the world go round isn’t complicated. Can’t agree with you more. Urban has all the leverage and Texas has the cash to meet it, question is whether Texas wants to play major league ball or keep claiming little league championship status.

What will we’re Texas mean this next decade because it meant jack shit the last.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vw8rqvi6qhrb5ten62

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I will actually be surprised if Texas goes to Manhattan and wins. I expect Texas to get outcoached in that game in a big way, and that will include where each team's emotional levels are. Herman is a dipshit on the road and we'll be big bad Texas to KSU, so they'll be up. 

I will be a Les Miles fan until goes back to doing Dos Equis commercials if he can win win for Surly next week and send Tom out much like KU did to Charlie.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, TexasEx said:

He is under a lot of stress

Edited by CTC2

16 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Without reading this entire thread have we determined if there is a "morals" clause in Tom's contract?

12) Any conduct (a) that the University administration reasonably determines is unbecoming to a head coach, or that reasonably brings into question the integrity of Coach in a material way, or that would render Coach unfit to serve in the position of Head Football Coach; or (b) resulting in a criminal charge being brought against Coach involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude; 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

12) Any conduct (a) that the University administration reasonably determines is unbecoming to a head coach, or that reasonably brings into question the integrity of Coach in a material way, or that would render Coach unfit to serve in the position of Head Football Coach; or (b) resulting in a criminal charge being brought against Coach involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude; 

Reasonably brings into question the integrity of Coach - Losing to a shitty TCU team and requiring several miracles to edge out an even shittier Tceh team.

Any crime involving theft - Stealing money from the university.

Looks like we're all set.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ugh. Turpitude. Such a nitpicky thing to define.

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Super K

I’ll keep this simple. It’s probably what you already suspect anyway.

***Hearing that regardless of the outcome of the season there are some money people who want a change but…

***I’m told that a win against Iowa State and a change is unlikely.

***Source said that if Herman wins out then a change, were it to become necessary, can be delayed by a year to ease the financial burden.

Now that it's been a bit and I'm sure info has changed, can you paraphrase what was in that TFB update a few days ago that they wanted to keep super secret?

On 11/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, markstanco said:
On 11/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, NorLa Horns said:
if we want to get Herman gone, just send his driver out for coffee while Hermans been drinking and sic the APD on his ass when he gets in his car. 

Huh? Do explain more. He has a designated driver when he travels? This is new.

I had to have read this on here. Because this is the only site I read. And the podcasts I listen to wouldn't out stuff like this. 

The story I read was Herman likes to booze it up during the work day. And they've gone to driving him. Even in golf carts if necessary  to avoid any chance of a dui. 

May have been made up BS. But if true it does make the guy vulnerable for dirty tricks,  if that would be something somebody wanted to do. 

Even if he wins out and wins the CCG , a dui would sink him. 

11 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Only 59 pages to go until 416. Keep up the work, ladies and gents!

Have to be honest.  When you first posted that I noted it and thought it was pretty cool.  However, no way did I ever think we would get to the current number based in circumstances at the time.  Thanks for the update - I was wondering where the count was.

12 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Hell.  The freaking Big 12 wants UM as well.

Not sure if they want him, but they definitely need him.  Sending OU to the CFP over and over to only be embarassed is not a good look for the league.  This shitastic year sure isn't helping.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ugh. Turpitude. Such a nitpicky thing to define.

I think we have a good case of proving it. Turpitude is the French form of the word Terpitude. "Terp" is an abbreviation of the Algonquian word Terrapin, which means turtle. The suffix "-itude" is used fo form abstract nouns. Hence, Turpitude means the act of behaving like a turtle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'm wondering if any underclassmen that get significant playing time may not give 100% or 50% for that matter, if they believe UM is a strong possibility to be their coach next year. I think Bijan will be a star, but if he had to fumble late in the K state game to secure a loss and Urban hire, would he do it? I'm just using BR as an example because he is the underclassmen that could possibly control the outcome of a game. He seems like a good kid so I highly doubt he would do it but it's just a thought. BR, if you're reading this, DO IT!

tenor.gif?itemid=13936491

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Remove UTEP from the equation because they were outmatched. Now, have you seen single one of our games where it appeared that the current group wearing Texas uniforms was a team, or gave 100% even 30% of the time?

I'm under the impression that (most, but not all of) the group wearing Texas uniforms is not a team, but a group of individuals that have taken on their head coaches arrogance and perhaps only thinks of their relationship to the team when looking at the color of their urine.

21 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Iowa st?   Really?

Here's the frustrating thing about Iowa State, if a loss matters. Campbell is in line for the Michigan job. He might not be exactly tuned in for the Texas game, which means Turtle Fuckface skates by that one. I mean, it's the same shit for me - I'd prefer Texas wins, but any loss means it's over or proven bullshit. Either outcome would work, I guess. The beauty of the Kansas game is that a loss would actually be hilarious. I'll be fucking pissed and trending towards apathy with losses to ISU, KSU, and/or OU. A loss to KU will bring none of that feeling. I'll fucking laugh and start gloating to people about change coming to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas