Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Strong had a .432 winning percentage at Texas, so far Herman has .605 at half of tech game.

. 605 sucks but strong was the worst in Texas history so shut up Jesus

Herman’s arrogance is his biggest flaw.  He isn’t technically a bad coach.  He has character issues

I wonder when Tom “I’m Mensa smart” Herman starts realizing that loyalty to a handful of inept and ineffective rich white guys (his staff of assistants) is not as impactful as loyalty to the young men of color you kiss and claim to “love like my sons”???

when does your fraudulent house of hallmark cards come crashing down you piece of human shit?

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Booger49 said:

Herman’s arrogance is his biggest flaw.  He isn’t technically a bad coach.  He has character issues

Character issues aren't his biggest problem. Its more the entire thing of being a hc which isn't just x's and o's. Which is a lot.

Edited by Surlybastard

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I wonder when Tom “I’m Mensa smart” Herman starts realizing that loyalty to a handful of inept and ineffective rich white guys (his staff of assistants) is not as impactful as loyalty to the young men of color you kiss and claim to “love like my sons”???

when does your fraudulent house of hallmark cards come crashing down you piece of human shit?

Not that I do t think he’s the spawn of satan but half his staff is black.  One of his key guys is an African American gentleman he pulled from Olive Garden.    

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

CrispGivingArawana-size_restricted.gif

6 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

If Mensa is willing to own his mistakes and make drastic changes to the staff, which it sounds like is going to happen,  then I'm fine seeing what happens next year.

So I guess your fine with seeing Urbs at OU raping our ass for the next few years while Herm and his new staff provide alignment and continuity.

I'm drunk and I fucking hate every coach and administrator associated with this this program because NO ONE makes a fucking decision based on what we need to do to be champions.  Everyone is fucking happy with winning a few games each year as long as we have alignment and continuity and maintain an image that winning isn't our priority.

FUCK EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Riley isn't leaving ou, so we don't have to worry about that this next season, which should be Tom's last (I hope). I think Riley genuinely likes being a HC at a school that wins. His job is much easier than it would be in the NFL. 

Is Jerry Jones as certain that Riley isn't leaving OU?

Riley isn't leaving ou, so we don't have to worry about that this next season, which should be Tom's last (I hope). I think Riley genuinely likes being a HC at a school that wins. His job is much easier than it would be in the NFL. 

This.
Why would he leave a place where he’s like a cock gobbling god calling all the shots and winning titles to go to the NFL and have Jerrah up his ass and hamstringing him?
Doesn’t add up.

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m beginning to believe that urban wants the UT job 

Not sure about what he really wants, but pulling Densa down a notch or 2 or national TV repeatedly likely warms his cockles, maybe even the subcockle area. He likely has a decent gig, only massive ego, like wanting to win a natty at three different programs as HC would be something for the books and a counter to all of Saban’s rings, at least on some level. 

34 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Some of you clowns would rather us have a losing season next year just so you could be “right” about Herman and see him get fired. 

i don't need to see us having a losing season to know I'm right about Herman, and I don't want to wait another season to see him fired

i would be fucking thrilled beyond reason to be proved wrong about him while he's our coach, because that means we just won a national fucking championship

but I'm not wrong, the only NC he's going to be a part of is a plea bargain for public drunkenness, and us easily defeating a bad and injured lesser with only three quarters' worth of actual effort just makes me ask, for not the first time (or even the tenth), why our team under Herman seems incapable of playing four whole quarters of football

• Like 1

Turtle Tom bothers me the most. He refuses to ever seize control of a game. He's not comfortable unless it is a one score game or winning or losing by a few. It's maddening. Only today Tech was so bad that it didn't come back to bite us.

But we just made a goaline stand from 1st and 2 on a tie game. We had all the momentum in the world and they showed they had no idea how to stop this offense. Hell even on the first few drives we didn't score, we showed we could move it. So what do we do when we get the ball back? 2 straight runs into the teeth of the defense in a 8/9 man box. Then a fucking low percentage pass to the sideline while Sam is rolling out. So then we punt and give the ball to Tech just 20 yards from where they were previously and they score quick. Shit like that bothers me. Why are you afraid to throw from that part of the field? Sam was in control and was making all the reads and throws.Hell if anything, gain a few first downs to start flipping the field. But nope.

And then to start the 4th, same fucking shit. Defense finally playing good and dominating and we go into a shell. It's like Turtle Tom wanted to start running clock. Being up 18 even with 15min to play is not the time to do it. Tech could have scored both times we gave them the ball back and that game is now a nail biter. But it seems that is what he wants. He has no idea what to do with a big lead. Go back to last year. Up 42-21 on OU and have all the momentum. We get the ball up 21 and go into our shell. Punt quick and OU scores fast and now totally different game. Yes we end up winning at the end but besides the point. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Some of you clowns would rather us have a losing season next year just so you could be “right” about Herman and see him get fired. 

Don’t give a Fuck about being right but he isn’t it. Everyone rooted against CS because of the same thing but Herman makes our losses closer, cool

• Like 5

Does the fact Duvernay’s lack of use last year not point out a lack of talent evaluation?  Or maybe LJH before last year, or maybe Young minus a couple fumbles (which for him mean bench for life) running harder then Ingram?  It seems like if you get on his shit list you can’t get off for that year.  Fact is Herman with his conservative stubborn ass peaked at all he can do here last season, this clown can never go undefeated or 1 loss for that.  He’s too stuck in his binder of play calling with a lead and his ways for that. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

I liked him at u of h and loveD him at UT, but damn he’s fallen on his face. I’m not sure he can turn it around after a train wreck of a season. I thought he was a little too inexperienced and immature for UT. A couple more years at u of h was needed, imo. He had more energy at u of h and much more presence. Then again dropping 3 games at u of h isn’t big deal. 

riley and Ruhl jumping to the nfl would be a huge help for him in 2020. I don’t think we see mass purge of the coaching staff, unless it’s his idea. 

8 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

So I guess your fine with seeing Urbs at OU raping our ass for the next few years while Herm and his new staff provide alignment and continuity.

I'm fine with a turd like Urban being anywhere but here. The are other people I'd rather have next year, but I'm willing to accept Herman for another year if he brings in real assistants.  A lot can change just by doing that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm fine with a turd like Urban being anywhere but here. The are other people I'd rather have next year, but I'm willing to accept Herman for another year if he brings in real assistants.  A lot can change just by doing that.

So you are good with incompetence running this program. No matter who else he hires. Herman is still the main guy. I have seen enough of shiity performances, undisciplined players, unmotivated performances this year to know he is not the guy we want running this program.

Also, I'm not sure Herman is a better person than Urban, but Meyer is a helluva better coach.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Don’t give a Fuck about being right but he isn’t it. Everyone rooted against CS because of the same thing but Herman makes our losses closer, cool

You defended Strong up until he was fired and didn't even want him fired yet his best season is Herman's worst season...Hmmm....

11 hours ago, SKA the boss said:

This.
Why would he leave a place where he’s like a cock gobbling god calling all the shots and winning titles to go to the NFL and have Jerrah up his ass and hamstringing him?
Doesn’t add up.

Don't under estimate the ego of some football coaches.

Winning a Super Bowl as HC of the Cowboys would Nirvana for some. 

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You defended Strong up until he was fired and didn't even want him fired yet his best season is Herman's worst season...Hmmm....

23 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

And you have sucked Tom's dick since day one. Keep on

and both of you are idiots that most of us put on ignore to make the board tolerable

goddamn cripple fight between you two

the point here is, Herman sucks, the way we won yesterday validated our criticisms, and heads need to roll

Edited by Rimbo

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas