Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Herman is too narcissistic to learn from mistakes (ie his whole shitty coaching staff) and it will be the end of him. Riley fired a DC midseason and still made the playoffs. Herman made one of his worthless fucks an inside WR coach. 

This season is about to get ugly because he can’t admit he was wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Herman is too narcissistic to learn from mistakes (ie his whole shitty coaching staff) and it will be the end of him. Riley fired a DC midseason and still made the playoffs. Herman made one of his worthless fucks an inside WR coach. 

This season is about to get ugly because he can’t admit he was wrong. 

But narcissists also scapegoat.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, sushihorn said:

Herman is NEVER going to commit the cardinal sin of treating OU as just another game.  The special niche for the Golden Hat and the f'in countdown clock will make sure of that.  Get Texas personnel from top 20 to top 5 and a lot of the struggles with weaker teams fix themselves.

surprised eye roll GIF

He’s not the guy. We really need to stop hiring from G5 programs. Find someone proven In a P5 conference with a high floor and see what they can do here with unlimited resources. 

Rhule is making noise at Baylor. He looks like a moron but he can coach circles around Herman. Gundy would be great but he can’t beat OU. Sweaty Fatterson would even do well here. All currently better options than Mensa.

We suck at hiring coaches. OU will own this conference for many many years to come if Riley sticks around and we keep Herman. He isn’t the answer.

Edited by Girdwood

10 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

It not about the losses(or the wins), it’s about how bad this team plays. They look unprepared, still can’t tackle, defensive plan is shit and the offensive plan at times isn’t much better. WTF is Herman doing?

not about winning or losing? The dumbest thing ever posted on the internet. Congrats 

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our 3rd stringers were higher rated recruits than the Kansas' first stringers. No excuse to perform like we did.

their first stringers actually having playing time makes no difference, fire everyone.

our 3rd stringers  played like shit, their first stringers gave up 638 yards

Edited by hookem48

36 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

throw it out to a wide open guy or out of bounds, never been done before I guess.

Or botch the snap and the game is over.

why are you stumbling around this board excusing the performance last night? Are you ok with how the team played? Are you happy with the coaches’ ability to have their team ready and to execute at their jobs?

• Like 2

Charlie Strong was given 3 years, and got worse every year. 

Herman won an NY6 bowl his 2nd year, and in his 3rd year has gotten over the toughest part of the schedule (despite how ugly it was).

Matt fucking Rhule could lose his next 4, possibly 5.  At MINIMUM, 2 of those games. 

The defense is the worst part of this team, yes, but it's also been ravaged by injuries.  And as boneheaded as we claim Charlie was, even he took actions on the D end when things got desperate -- so why wont Tom?  (A: it aint that fucking desperate yet). 

So unless Darrel K Royal or Bear fucking Bryant is walking through that door, shut the fuck up about replacing Tom today.  Im not ready to hit the reset button just yet.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Herman won an NY6 bowl his 2nd year, and in his 3rd year has gotten over the toughest part of the schedule (despite how ugly it was).

Matt fucking Rhule could lose his next 4, possibly 5.  At MINIMUM, 2 of those games. 

The defense is the worst part of this team, yes, but it's also been ravaged by injuries.  And as boneheaded as we claim Charlie was, even he took actions on the D end when things got desperate -- so why wont Tom?  (A: it aint that fucking desperate yet). 

So unless Darrel K Royal or Bear fucking Bryant is walking through that door, shut the fuck up about replacing Tom today.  Im not ready to hit the reset button just yet.

Is this a fair statement:

”We’re on the same level as Kansas.”

Ignoring fire this guy or fire that guy...was it pretty clear to you that those were 2 evenly matched teams?

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is this a fair statement:

”We’re on the same level as Kansas.”

Ignoring fire this guy or fire that guy...was it pretty clear to you that those were 2 evenly matched teams?

Is Clemson on the same level as UNC?  Is Georgia on the same level as SoCar?

All said the team is still 2-1 in conference

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I don’t think either Clemson or Georgia are as good as their rankings indicate.

But I’m asking you:

is there any daylight between us and Kansas?

would you be defending this staff if Dicker’s kick sailed right? If not, does it make clear to you how tenuous your support of this staff is? 

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But I’m asking you:

would you be defending this staff if Dicker’s kick sailed right? If not, does it make clear to you how tenuous your support of this staff is? 

Wtf who is good then? 

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But I’m asking you:

The daylight between this team and Kansas is in .333 winning percentage points.

Considering how overrated you think Clemson is (and i agree), then our 2 losses are to 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country. 

So yes (1) there is an ocean of daylight between us and Kansas and (2) the outcome wouldnt be this close in 9 of 10 rematches.

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

Wtf who is good then? 

The teams that field good offense, defense and special teams. The ones with players that consistently execute their individual assignments. The ones that improve week in and week out.

Those ones.

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Considering how overrated you think Clemson is (and i agree), then our 2 losses are to 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country. 

So yes (1) there is an ocean of daylight between us and Kansas and (2) the outcome wouldnt be this close in 9 of 10 rematches.

Our performance last night was not an anomaly. What you saw is exactly what we are, a poorly coached team with a field full of players that have little to no idea what they should be doing.

That will become clearer to you as the season unfolds.

51 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

This defense is on pace to be the worst in the history of Texas football. If that's not a time to be desperate, I don't know what is.

And having played OU and LSU is not an excuse. We play OU on that same weekend every year, and we also usually play a marquee non-conference opponent. 

I'm not hopping on the Fire Tom bandwagon, but let's not make excuses for giving up 550 yards to Kansas at home.

Edited by lulz

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The teams that field good offense, defense and special teams. The ones with players that consistently execute their individual assignments. The ones that improve week in and week out.

Those ones.

Our performance last night was not an anomaly. What you saw is exactly what we are, a poorly coached team with a field full of players that have little to no idea what they should be doing.

That will become clearer to you as the season unfolds.

If this team finishes 7-5, and Tom is bound to a pyre, I'll be the first one to pour fuel on it.

As it stands, even with that ugly ugly win, this team can still go 10-2, and i wouldnt put money on it being worse than 9-3.

36 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

And now we have born the Todd Orlando apologists. Even when it’s clear he is an incompetent coach, the mouth breathing idiots come out to his defense saying it’s the injuries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I think he’s even lost some of that shine. The plays drawn up on 4th and shorts are the worst, and gambling on shit like the 2nd to last play last night.  High potential for fuckup to gain 5 yds on a chipshot gtfo. 

he's really a weird dude, thinks he's the star of the movie.

56 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Could, Could, Could, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Hopefully, Hopefully, Hopefully. Every thing you are saying is just blind fucking faith that things might get better nothing over the last three weeks supports that theory, but hey is isn’t technically impossible we win out just extremely unfucking likely.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 1

Just now, 52-80 said:

If this team finishes 7-5, and Tom is bound to a pyre, I'll be the first one to pour fuel on it.

As it stands, even with that ugly ugly win, this team can still go 10-2, and i wouldnt put money on it being worse than 9-3.

Our defense is so fucking bad that we almost lost to Kansas at home. What do you think happens when we play better teams? 

1 minute ago, lulz said:

This defense is on pace to be the worst in the history of Texas football.

You have to look at adjusted stats!!!  According to FEI's adjusted offensive efficiency per opponent-drive-quarter-possession, we are actually 55th in the country.  Stop being an idiot and cite real stats.  

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If you’d like to put money on it, I’ll take the over on 1.5 more losses on the season.

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

throw it out to a wide open guy or out of bounds, never been done before I guess.

if trying to cut down a long field goal to a more manageable one sure, but a manageable one to another manageable one doesn't matter other than introducing possibility of bad snap, penalty, fumble,catching and getting immediately driven backwards in which case is ruled in bounds forward progress.  Just stupid decision.

That said... can't say I would disagree with not wanting Kansas to have a single play left as odds are they might have scored on us.

Just now, 52-80 said:

If only there was a data point this season from having played a better team at home.....

You are just willfully ignorant of the trend in data. The defense is getting much worse as teams figure our gimmick alignment and blitzes out compounded with our injuries. It’s dipshits like you who blindly followed Stromg that make the situation much worse. 

If immediate changes are not made losses are about to pile up. And no amount of blind spin that you keep posting will change that reality. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

You are just willfully ignorant of the trend in data. The defense is getting much worse as teams figure our gimmick alignment and blitzes out compounded with our injuries. It’s dipshits like you who blindly followed Stromg that make the situation much worse. 

If immediate changes are not made losses are about to pile up. And no amount of blind spin that you keep posting will change that reality. 

• Fuck You 3

I still expect this team to get to 9-3 and the CCG, which would meet my expectations for the year in terms of record but would ultimately be disappointing because it will likely include two non competitive showings vs Oklahoma. Regardless, he won't get fired for that. Or even 6-8 wins. To think otherwise is unrealistic.

If Herman can't put stubbornness aside and make the changes needed on staff this offseason then it will be clear he lacks the ability to do the job at this level. It's critical see the necessary changes on staff. Based on what I've seen in season I'm not optimistic but I'll wait until the offseason to form a definitive opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

And who's advocating for doing absolutely nothing?  (Except replacing the HC half way through S3, because that's almost as dumb as not knowing your QB's first name).  There's room to improve, absolutely.

Not spin: it's a numerical fact this team is 5-2.  Something it has never sniffed in the CS era.

Wake up.  It's Sunday morning.  The reality is that the team just won yesterday.  If you are this fucking miserable today, I dont want to imagine how you'll feel on Monday.

43 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Texas    5-2.  (.714)       3-1  (.750)

Kansas   2-5   (.285)       0-4  (.000)

Difference       (.429)              (.750)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

I am still furious about last night's game but after rewatching the highlights, i can see how thin the defense is at the moment, especially after BJones go out; the secondary is beyond depleted.  We need a miracle next week...

our D was bad when we were healthy.  it was bad last year.  yes the injuries make it worse so we look like shit against Kansas.

great coaches figure out how to work around it.  the 2 4th down "look how sneaky and smart I am" calls by Herman in the first half were shit.

the OL generally looks average.  

Tom needs to thank God he's got Sam and Dicker

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas