Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

dude i don't give a shit that you're negging me.  i only noticed because my notifications are blowing up because you're following me around and doing it.  
you're all upset because i said 1) we weren't lucky to beat ou and 2) we're not losing to kansas.  i'm sorry that upsets you so much.
72e1ae41fddd280be946a8d0442a9f6c.gif940b51d08b436d47caa798bdb74c0739.jpg

quick swag:
option 1: as it played out, 2 timeouts for dana, 2:34 after the touchback, down 7
option 2: keepaway, 0 timeouts for dana, ~1:15 after the touchback, down 3

And in this scenario, there is never a turnover or a missed or blocked FG. Given a touchback is at the 25, and that the clock stops on first downs, no way you’d rather have the second scenario.

25 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Meh, other coaches are a lot bigger jackasses... while this was no big deal, I saw it as meekly whining after you saw your defense crater more than the moon after a giant asteroid hit.  Probably wouldn't have said it, just like I probably wouldn't have run out to the field last week before he knew that Gundy was getting his players off.

Tom has a temper and sometimes acts like a little kid, but this doesn't make him a jackass.  Makes him more like the average college coach, which, let's face it, I would never want to "give me life lessons" on shit unless I'm practically autistic.  But this one was more just a little kinda whine with that cheese than any big deal that some hack needs to fill a computer screen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Meh....... Bigger Target on your back from media when you are the Head Coach of Football at Texas.....

A lot of the Reporters in Austin are douches.... they would never last in Birmingham or Norman.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Win and you can be a snivelling cunt ala mack.
Lose and your every move gets put on blast x 1000.
Just win baby

This exactly. No one cares about the jackasses who are winning, unless they are winning too much and everyone is jealous.  And the winners are usually jackasses. 

I would rather have a jackass who wins than clay Helton or mark richt, or "insert name here".  But you do have to win big, otherwise you are bo pellini, fat bastard belemia,  list is long.  

Funny. This generation of coaches are enjoying the fruits of yesteryears efforts. I can still remember Bear doing that cheesy Sunday TV show hawking shitty potato chips and demonstrating how difficult it was coaching versus being an analyst. Because he was never very good at talking the talk about how he did things. Having their own TV show was at the time one of the few ways in which to increase coaches salaries. And even running into him on occasion at breakfast spots around the Birmingham and Jacksonville area. Just sitting there eating with nobody bothering him other then to say hello as they walked by. You just don’t see that these days. They have become more rock star then regular people.

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

Funny. This generation of coaches are enjoying the fruits of yesteryears efforts. I can still remember Bear doing that cheesy Sunday TV show hawking shitty potato chips and demonstrating how difficult it was coaching versus being an analyst. Because he was never very good at talking the talk about how he did things. Having their own TV show was at the time one of the few ways in which to increase coaches salaries. And even running into him on occasion at breakfast spots around the Birmingham and Jacksonville area. Just sitting there eating with nobody bothering him other then to say hello as they walked by. You just don’t see that these days. They have become more rock star then regular people.

They make millions of dollars coaching college football.

When Bear was coaching, half the country saw two college football games a weekend. The other half didn't care.

Today, half the country can't count the number of games they see, starting on Thursday. 

Don't take the numbers literally.

Herman has his flaws but this guy knows how to develop QBs. Last 5 coaching stops. 

Rice-Clement won conference USA MVP in '08

ISU-Arnaud was the #2 passer all time at ISU after Herman. 

Ohio State-Barrett and Miller won a title

Houston-Ward put up huge numbers

Texas-Ehlinger is producing huge numbers. 

Maybe Tommy Boy was projecting when he dropped the Of Mice and Men stuff in the first PC. The moment it looks like he is going to win, he tightens up and squeezes it, sometimes to death. Winning is good, but he has issues keeping the foot on their throat. If he blows that game, his year 3 starts to heat up. Texas is still projecting up, so I'm still on board.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

I have a question for the gallery.....  is it okay to back out of the endzone and take a safety to burn clock?

Michigan State did it yesterday to flip the field. Apparently Dantonio’s thinking was he would rather give up the two and possession. Then give OSU the ball inside their 35 due to punting against the high winds. Though in this case they snapped it over the QB’s head into the front row. Which was kind of a WTF moment.

At some point Herman and Beck deserve to get some accolades for the improvement in Sams play and the offense overall. Don’t know how much Beck deserves but one thing is for certain, he’s ours for at least another year and likely longer.  As much as we’ve shit on these two the improvement is Sams play and the offense is almost best case scenario.  Still things to work on but they are getting it done much more than I had realistically hoped for.  Hand deserves a hand too 

9 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

At some point Herman and Beck deserve to get some accolades for the improvement in Sams play and the offense overall. Don’t know how much Beck deserves but one thing is for certain, he’s ours for at least another year and likely longer.  As much as we’ve shit on these two the improvement is Sams play and the offense is almost best case scenario.  Still things to work on but they are getting it done much more than I had realistically hoped for.  Hand deserves a hand too 

And Herman deserves credit for going out and bringing Hand in. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Here's an even more relevant accomplishment:

Tom Herman just got us to the Big12 CG in his second year after Lazy Mack and Coach Potato.

I predicted 8-4 this year, and we surpassed that. I didn't think we'd be playing in the Big 12 CCG or a major bowl this year. 

I'm very impressed.

The more important thing to note is the dramatic turn around during the season. After Maryland and Tulsa? Show me a win. The honest truth is that I think a Charlie Strong led team would not turn that start around. We have enough evidence to know that to be the case. Herman went from looking like a possible repeat of his first season to the first Big 12 championship game since '09.

• Like 1

Herman should come out to the post game press conference eating some goddamn cake.

Save the cake for after we win the conference.

He has to figure out how to consistently motivate and be ready. That is how he will when a championship.

Until then he has potential. And we all know what potential means.

I'm hella happy. But the job is not finished. And if Herman is the one, he will not be satisfied.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

Herman should come out to the post game press conference eating some goddamn cake.

Not if it means giving strong any credit, cause he gets zip. There still some trade mark shit that still happens with this team from that short era.

I love where Herman is going with this team, but he has a ways to go to be an elite coach and have an elite team.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas