Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Not if it means giving strong any credit, cause he gets zip. There still some trade mark shit that still happens with this team from that short era.

I love where Herman is going with this team, but he has a ways to go to be an elite coach and have an elite team.

This^^^^

Should have won by 21 points today...... But thankful for 9-3 🤘

51 minutes ago, markstanco said:

9 total points combined in loses from being 12-0. Much better than the yearly blowout from Strong and Mack. Trending up for sure.

I don't miss the blowouts at all. How Mack managed to do that with the teams he had is beyond me.

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I started this thread. I’m an idiot. I am very retarded 

Eh. I think it was inevitable. You just pulled the trigger first. This has been the worst period for Texas football...maybe ever. We were all irritable.

Props to you for owning it. As someone who has never wavered in my belief in Coach Herman, I enjoy seeing bschoolprof, 6th Street and the other schmucks calling for our coach’s head look like fools. I’m too lazy to search and repost some of their best takes.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

actually you’re the only one with a lick of sense.  buncha fuckin apologists and defeatist pussies in here.  we’re fucking texas, or did everyone forget that too?  10 wins is where we start and we go from there.  last I checked we’d won 9.  

fire tom herman.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Props to you for owning it. As someone who has never wavered in my belief in Coach Herman, I enjoy seeing bschoolprof, 6th Street and the other schmucks calling for our coach’s head look like fools. I’m too lazy to search and repost some of their best takes.

Man, those guys really needed to take a position on Herman early on and bitch about it all offseason. They were unbearable. Glad this season gave us positive data points on Herman. I’m looking forward to watching him build the program. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

9 total points combined in loses from being 12-0. Much better than the yearly blowout from Strong and Mack. Trending up for sure.

This. We might not be blowing teams out - but we ain't getting blown out either. This team has been very watchable this year.

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I don’t like that he wears a hoodie during games, also the fact that it looks like one of those We Are Texas brand ones that are too bright. 

So there. 

You know, I thought that too at first. But I'll be damned if there isn't a Nike swoosh on that thing. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

@blacklab @immamac can we lock this thread then...

This thread serves the purpose of keeping a bunch of stupid threads from starting after the first quarter of every other game from people who feel the need to bitch. At the very least, can't we wait until he wins a couple of conference titles in the next few season? I don't want to go through another 5 year plus stretch where we win games, but don't actually win anything of actual consequence. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Jury is out. I have no doubt Herman could win the big game. The question is, can he overcome a season of playing to the competition to get there.

This is the big question mark regarding Herman. Can we expect a dropped game or two every season against a team we shouldn’t? I’m not saying he has to go undefeated every year, not even Saban has achieved that. It will be interesting to see. That being said, we have 9 regular season wins and have mostly enjoyed this season very much. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

This thread serves the purpose of keeping a bunch of stupid threads from starting after the first quarter of every other game from people who feel the need to bitch. At the very least, can't we wait until he wins a couple of conference titles in the next few season? I don't want to go through another 5 year plus stretch where we win games, but don't actually win anything of actual consequence. 

This is a nearly 80 page thread, it needs to die.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, Neonmoon said:

All talk. Team looks the same. Horrible 

This thread/post is legendarily horrible, and you have an obligation to admit that as does everyone else who supported this deluded and effeminate sentiment.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2

So wait, according to A&M laws of transferrance...Maryland should have been in the CFP?

Losses to UMD and OSU were embarrassing.  Wins over OU and UGA were flat out awesome.

Herman is vast, he contains multitudes.  Should be a great ride with him at the helm.  But if he loses another season opener...

I didn't bump a month+ old dead thread, hpslugga did. 

But since it was bumped (blame hpslugga, not me), I will say this:

I was in full support of this thread/sentiment at the start of the season because what I saw from this team I didn't think he learned anything from last year, he proved me wrong:

That said, I will say this:

I think Herman is a complete dick as a person from the way he carries himself and as a coach I still thinks he allows bad decisions to come through (see the late personal fouls and the horri-bad playcalling on the goal line).

BUT... the motherfucker wins. And as a coach, that's the bottom line. 10 wins? He isn't going anywhere. Good luck, stop being a dick and keep winning games as long as Texas employs you.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:11 PM, ztejas said:

This. We might not be blowing teams out - but we ain't getting blown out either. This team has been very watchable this year.

this is why I'm good with Herman. I will admit I was pissed after maryland and Tulsa but the dude just does not get blown out which we saw way too much of the last couple of years of Mack and all of Charlie.

He's got to get over the couple of WTF games a year hump but I think with better depth that will come.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Year two and already won a NY6 bowl. Unbelievable.

From where we were when CS cleaned out his desk, yeah, pretty damn impressive. 

I’m also gonna say that I think the whole “good coach but he’s an asshole” is group think regurgitated without a lot of evidence to support it. Wit the exception of associating with Zach Smith, as a Texas coach and a guy still learning the ropes after a rapid rise to where he stands now, I don’t think he’s done too bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

From where we were when CS cleaned out his desk, yeah, pretty damn impressive. 

I’m also gonna say that I think the whole “good coach but he’s an asshole” is group think regurgitated without a lot of evidence to support it. Wit the exception of associating with Zach Smith, as a Texas coach and a guy still learning the ropes after a rapid rise to where he stands now, I don’t think he’s done too bad. 

He's done far better than he gets credit for. I agree with you about the CS and ZS debacle. He kept his head straight and didn't let outside distractions get to this team. It's beyond amazing to go from being the laughing stock to winning a bowl game to winning the Sugar Bowl against the #2 sec team, convincingly. He may actually be a wizard 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas