The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Obama has too much class, but regardless, he should challenge Trump to a competition.  Maybe golf, basketball, and a 1K run or some such.  It would be glorious.

Obama beating that fuck at golf would be glorious. No carts, walk 18 holes. Bone spurs wouldn't last.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

Anybody planning to buy pieces of Trump’s mugshot suit?

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-selling-pieces-mugshot-suit-read-the-fine-print-2023-12

• A new promotion guarantees a piece of Trump's suit if you buy 47 $99 NFTs.
  • The $4,653 purchase also promises a dinner at Mar-a-Lago with the former president.
  • The fine print on the website, however, says there's no guarantee you'll get either

16 minutes ago, Satchel said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-selling-pieces-mugshot-suit-read-the-fine-print-2023-12

• The $4,653 purchase also promises a dinner at Mar-a-Lago with the former president.
  • The fine print on the website, however, says there's no guarantee you'll get either

But, I mean....it's Donald Trump.  I know there's no guarantee, but you can totally trust him.  100%.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What the fuck with the $4,653?  I get that he's pricing shit with '47' because he wants to be 45 or 47, but 4653?  I mean, rounding?  Just call it 4700.  Your people are so fucking stupid, if they're in for 4653, they'll go 4700.  And you can give the extra $47 dollars to Rudy for helping make you 47 again.  Or whatever the fuck it is you psychos do with loose change.  

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

He’d make more money if he included Ivanka’s pubes but we all know he’d never part with them. 

I'd part her pubes if I had a  hot date with a silk  comb.  Dammit, I lost my train of thought! 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, Satchel said:

There's enough fabric in his suit to make parachutes for the entire 82nd Airborne.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Just lets you know there is a whole lot more going on other than "running the country like a business". Blows my mind.

You know what's funny though? 2020 was a complete shitshow. Both sides of the aisle can agree on that. Go talk to someone you know that is a Trumper about it. You will be in full agreement of how bad a year it was right up until you remind them that their boy was the overseer. I shit you not. Trumpers act like Biden was in office for Covid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Just lets you know there is a whole lot more going on other than "running the country like a business". Blows my mind.

You know what's funny though? 2020 was a complete shitshow. Both sides of the aisle can agree on that. Go talk to someone you know that is a Trumper about it. You will be in full agreement of how bad a year it was right up until you remind them that their boy was the overseer. I shit you not. Trumpers act like Biden was in office for Covid.

Or Obama. They have no concept of time or space or reality in general. 

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/12/16/cpac-matt-schlapp-lawsuit-sexual-misconduct/

Officials overseeing the Conservative Political Action Conference knew about past accusations of sexual misconduct by chairman Matt Schlapp but failed to investigate or remove him from his powerful post, an amended sexual battery and defamation lawsuit claims.

In one alleged incident, during a fundraising trip to South Florida in early 2022, Schlapp was accused of stripping to his underwear and rubbing against another person without his consent, according to the filing. In 2017, at a CPAC after-party, Schlapp attempted to kiss an employee against his wishes, the lawsuit claims.

In both cases, according to the suit, the alleged victims reported the unwanted advances to staffers at CPAC’s parent organization, the American Conservative Union, but no action was taken against Schlapp, a longtime Republican power broker and prominent backer of former president Donald Trump.

The new allegations were added one week ago to a lawsuit filed in January by a former Republican campaign staffer, Carlton Huffman, who accused Schlapp of groping him in October 2022. The alleged additional victims are not identified and are not joining the suit; the court filing says their allegations were obtained through the discovery process.

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Schlapp, on Friday disputed the claims and attacked Huffman’s credibility. “These demonstrably false allegations are a continuation of transparent and desperate tactics,” he said, adding that Huffman is trying “to bolster his spurious claims and taint potential jurors.” An ACU spokesperson referred to Corallo for comment. Schlapp’s attorney, Benjamin Chew, did not respond to requests for comment on Friday.

The amended lawsuit adds to the financial and political pressures on the ACU, a standard-bearer of the conservative movement that has endured an exodus of board members, staffers and corporate sponsors amid mounting concerns about Schlapp’s leadership and financial stewardship. Schlapp and the ACU have not responded to the amended complaint in court yet.

The new complaint in Alexandria Circuit Court adds the American Conservative Union as a defendant and asks for an additional $3.7 million in punitive damages and costs. Previously, only Schlapp and his wife were named as defendants in the $9.4 million suit. ACU had paid more than $1 million in legal fees as of August, as the discovery process was in the early stages, according to a former board member’s resignation letter.

Already paid a million bucks in legal fees as of August, that seems like a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Former groundbreaking comic/actress/showrunner who championed causes of the working class and women through comedy travels to adore sexist asshole gameshow host running for President, but before that decides to get wildly drunk and make out with batshit insane, insurrectionist shaman who'll likely end up in Congress.  

All of it hosted by America's cranial version of Jack Ma who makes and sells most of the shit sold by "America First!" gameshow host.  

And by the way, we're still 11 months out from the fall...

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Thought about posting this in the Herschel thread as a follow up for Matt Schlapp, but eh.  Matt has more allegations against him of sexual misconduct from...younger men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/08/26/matt-schlapp-cpac-sexual-misconduct-allegations/

Reveal hidden contents

Schlapp did not respond to requests for comment.

“I will continue to pray that the difficulties they are encountering will be dealt with openly and honestly,” Gerow said in a statement released after his resignation. “I am calling on my former colleagues to authorize an independent investigation into the charges against Matt Schlapp, to conduct an independent forensic audit of the organizations finances, to obtain a written opinion of counsel that the organization is in full compliance with its own bylaws and all applicable law and to thoroughly review all the exit interviews of the large number of staff who have recently left.”

CPAC did not respond to requests for comment on the new sexual harassment allegations. But in response to Gerow’s resignation, CPAC said in a statement on Friday: “CPAC remains committed to compliance. Having a board that is unified toward the goal of defeating the left and winning on important issues and in the next election is critical to saving America.”

Longtime member Morton Blackwell said he was not aware of any other allegations of sexual misconduct against Schlapp but acknowledged “there are problems, and I am looking forward to the next board meeting so we can discuss them.”

Gerow’s resignation is the third by a member of the board’s eight-member executive committee in recent months. When ACU treasurer Bob Beauprez quit in May, he wrote a resignation letter saying he had “lost confidence” in the organization’s financial statements, blamed Schlapp for excessive staff departures and suggested that violations of the organization’s bylaws could expose the organization to lawsuits or criminal prosecution.

In the lawsuit filed in January in Virginia, GOP operative Carlton Huffman accused Schlapp of groping his genitals while driving Schlapp to his hotel in Atlanta after campaigning for Senate candidate Herschel Walker. Call logs, texts and videos provided by Huffman and his confidants to The Post and in his lawsuit matched his account, and six family members and friends and three Walker campaign officials confirmed to The Post that he told them about the alleged incident that night or the next day.

Schlapp has acknowledged drinking with Huffman that night but denied making any sexual advances. The lawsuit is in the discovery phase.

Gerow’s resignation letter also raised concerns about the organization’s potential liability for legal costs in the Huffman case, according to people familiar with the letter.

In a previous message to the board that was obtained by The Post, Gerow said he was repeatedly refused requests to inspect the organization’s finances, in particular hoping to review the insurance coverage for the legal costs. Gerow’s message said he received a response from CPAC’s general counsel, David Safavian, saying he could not copy any documents, which Gerow said conflicted with D.C. law giving the directors of nonprofit organizations the right to “inspect and copy the books, records, and documents of the corporation.”

“Any failure to comply with D.C. or other law and our bylaws potentially provides the ‘ammo’ to fire at us,” Gerow said in his earlier message to the board. “Sadly, this follows several warnings from other directors and former officers about our noncompliance with our own by laws and the laws under which we operate.”

Safavian then replied with a message, apparently intended for someone else, saying he planned to take Gerow off the board at a meeting this month.

Safavian did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Another former employee, Regina Bratton, notified the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in January of plans to sue over claims that she was fired in retaliation for complaining about a co-worker’s sexist and racist comments. Schlapp and CPAC have not responded to questions about Bratton from The Post.

ACU was founded in the wake of Barry Goldwater’s loss in the 1964 presidential election to nurture the conservative movement. The flagship CPAC conference has become a blockbuster gathering for activists and politicians. Schlapp became chairman in 2014 and expanded into international conferences while making himself a prominent surrogate for former president Donald Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/16/politics/matt-schlapp-cpac-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html

you grab one's guy's junk in the car and they label you as gay for the rest of you life.
it must be tough running a conservative PAC, trying to keep the Christian right - all while having sex with other dudes (nttawwt - well except for the hypocrisy) 

On 8/29/2023 at 2:56 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

Schlapp, Schlapp, Schlapping sounds...

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/16/politics/matt-schlapp-cpac-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html

you grab one's guy's junk in the car and they label you as gay for the rest of you life.
it must be tough running a conservative PAC, trying to keep the Christian right - all while having sex with other dudes (nttawwt - well except for the hypocrisy) 

Rhythmic Schlapping Sounds - A prison band with Schlapp, Sandusky and Jared from Subway

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, nbmishoid said:

I can’t believe I mildly enjoyed that godawful anthem rendition those long years ago.  I misinterpreted her motives then.

Good point about her squawking out the anthem and then spitting on the ground and grabbing her crotch (I think that's how it went down but am not going to go looking it up). My memory of it was that it was the conservatives who were most vocal about being openly offended by it.

Sasquatch/Yetti/Bigfoot may not be real...now!  But I promise you when MTG and QanonShaman are done banging and a couple more guys after him take their turns...that's exactly what's crowning out of her 7-labia prong'd vaginal event horizon.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Sasquatch/Yetti/Bigfoot may not be real...now!  But I promise you when MTG and QanonShaman are done banging and a couple more guys after him take their turns...that's exactly what's crowning out of her 7-labia prong'd vaginal event horizon.  

Vaginal event horizon would be a solid metal album. But the thought of her naked is repulsive and it’s in my head. Fuck 

• Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

I think you're thinking of the L7 show at Liberty Lunch somewhere around '96.  I don't remember much about the show but the opener said we were falling into a Ballroom Blitz.  Blitz.  Blitz.  

I was really tempted to call MTG's office about "Vaginal Event Horizon" yesterday because for some bizarre reason, her senior staffer still calls me back despite on some level knowing I'm just fucking with her.  But then I thought, "Oh God, she's gonna google 'Event Horizon' and make it even more weird." 

We're getting to a weird apex here this week.  Both Trump and his Republican primary counterparts are just absolutely dominating the news cycle at a time when we should be talking about "cutest dog dressed as a reindeer" or whatever.  I gotta bad feeling something is coming between now and Iowa.  I swear to Jesus at his birthday, there is a way to get them to start murdering one another but I can't fucking see it, and this is my jam.  I get bad people to fuck over other bad people for a living.  There has to be a path here that doesn't involve the end of the country my daughters will likely grow up in.  Dammit Bob! 

• Haha 1

Have some rep.  I was at that show with one of my roommates and his girlfriend.  She got shitfaced drunk and he was a very observationally smart guy.  But he kept swearing up and down to me that the lead singer was in to him and was singing right into his eyes.  Told him he was way too fucking high.  So we go home, his girlfriend passes out.  We go to the local strip club and he proceeds to tell me that the girl who gave him a lap dance was genuinely interested him, not just stripper banter.  And I remember thinking, and still do to this day, "For such a smart guy, how the fuck do you not see when somebody is just playing to their audience?"  As irony would have it, he of course works in fucking advertising.  

But was reminiscing about some shows at Liberty Lunch not too long ago.  I think my first show there when I moved to Austin was Morphine.  And the guys I went with were talking about how edgy and non-conformist they were.  So I said "sounds cool, I'll get the cash together for a ticket."  Great show.  Next morning, we had to go pick up another friend at Radisson Hotel on Town Lake who shacked up with some chick.  We're waiting for them down in the lobby area.  Look outside at the patio dining area of the T.G.I. Fridays.  Who's having mozzarella sticks with all the goofy shit on the walls?  Yep, anti-corporatist, play-by-our-own-rules, the band Morphine.  Decent encapsulation of Austin if you think about it.  

Also, the more I listen to this Donald Trump fellow, the more uneasy I feel.  

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It's who they've always been.  We had Nazi sympathizers before and during WWII, we had plenty of Soviet sympathizers over the Cold War years, we had the NRA infiltrated by Russians.  It's just a pattern.

• Like 1