The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 12/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, tx 3 putt said:

ha the orange dumb ass isn’t only going to bring down the R party, the NRA, but also American Christianity ….

Historically, this is on brand. Pay attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

So I was in a grocery store terlet this afternoon and noticed two of the Biden I did that stickers, in stares of attempted removal, stuck onto the syringe waste container on the wall. 

I had to make some logical leaps but I imagine some Maga seeing it and believing that it was placed there so that the junkies could properly dispose of their needles after shooting up. And either having those stickers on their person at the time or making the decision to bring some next trip.  And getting furious that we are catering to drug users. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why would the group in control need to stage a coup?

"Every accusation" is now the standard. I had a Dotard voter tell me awhile back that if Dotard had won the 2020 election, Biden supporters would have stormed the capitol. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why would the group in control need to stage a coup?

Because in 2 weeks when Mike Lindell and Trump release their proof of the stollen election, the group in control will no longer be in control unless they stage an Anitfa-January 6th-style coup, ya stupid sip!

Currently in Oklahoma headed to Arkansas for a reunion with Okie, Missouri, Arky, and Texas relatives.  

Trip report: have seen less than half-a-dozen Trump signs from Waco through Durant.  Have seen a shitload of local election signs in North Texas.  In Oklahoma, pot dispensary signs outnumber Trump signs 20:1 at least and I’ve only seen Trump 2020 signs.  Very odd to see so few Trump signs so far.  

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Currently in Oklahoma headed to Arkansas for a reunion with Okie, Missouri, Arky, and Texas relatives.  

Trip report: have seen less than half-a-dozen Trump signs from Waco through Durant.  Have seen a shitload of local election signs in North Texas.  In Oklahoma, pot dispensary signs outnumber Trump signs 20:1 at least and I’ve only seen Trump 2020 signs.  Very odd to see so few Trump signs so far.  

I hope at least it's in the Fayetteville area.  It's nice.  (and God help you in SE OK)

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As to the mostly Trump 2020 signs vs. Trump 2024 signs (your observation matches mine), here's my hypothesis: Trump campaign signs are not a political act, they are entirely a tribal/cultural/team act.  So, once you've acquired the right tribal/cultural/team gear and you display it...there's no real point in acquiring more.

Case in point, I still have a nice Longhorns pull over windbreaker.  As we don't get cool weather that often, I wear it maybe 1-2X a year to games.  It's old....like "back when UT was sponsored by Reebok" old (it's this style):

m32208180872_1.jpg?width=1024&height=102

I haven't gone out and bought a 2023 version because hey, I already have a nice piece of my team's gear for everyone to see what a loyal and enthusiastic longhorn fan I am.  It works perfectly for my purpose (flash my longhorn pride on a cool day).

Trumpists are the same way.  They aren't trying to support Trump's 2024 campaign to get him elected.  Instead, they just want everyone to know they are MAGA/team Trump.  Which they accomplish with an old sign or flag.  No need to get a new one.  That old Reebok Trump campaign sign does the job just fine.

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

I haven't seen any Trump signs in Alabama for a while. Of course, I mostly hang with artsy Doug Jones types, but to get from one Rivendell to another, one has to travel through the Wilderlands.

Pssh.  You're from Alabama.  Like you can even read.

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As to the mostly Trump 2020 signs vs. Trump 2024 signs (your observation matches mine), here's my hypothesis: Trump campaign signs are not a political act, they are entirely a tribal/cultural/team act.  So, once you've acquired the right tribal/cultural/team gear and you display it...there's no real point in acquiring more.

My hypothesis is they were giving away signs in 2020, but with money being tight now, they are selling them or requiring a donation.  

edit: $24 for a sign

https://secure.winred.com/save-america-joint-fundraising-committee/storefront/

@Brisketexan @RDCanecutter there’s some prime grift opportunities there. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Including Christmas, I’ve been to the houses of quite a few different relatives/families and about to visit a few more, but so far of the ones I know to be MAGA/MAGA adjacent, and who weren’t watching/streaming holiday stuff or sports, more had it on CNN than Fox News (versus 100% Fox News in the past), but tiny sample size and it says more about CNN moving right and not being so embarrassing as Fox News. I had not watched live CNN in a while, but it’s changed quite a bit.  One segment I saw on Ukraine/Russia was pretty shitty/poorly sourced.

And the Trump yard signs really seem to be drying up for whatever reason. I almost feel like the ones I see are probably the homes of real estate agents/January 6 participants.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Case in point, I still have a nice Longhorns pull over windbreaker.  As we don't get cool weather that often, I wear it maybe 1-2X a year to games.  It's old....like "back when UT was sponsored by Reebok" old (it's this style):

I haven't gone out and bought a 2023 version because hey, I already have a nice piece of my team's gear for everyone to see what a loyal and enthusiastic longhorn fan I am.  It works perfectly for my purpose (flash my longhorn pride on a cool day).

Trumpists are the same way.  They aren't trying to support Trump's 2024 campaign to get him elected.  Instead, they just want everyone to know they are MAGA/team Trump.  Which they accomplish with an old sign or flag.  No need to get a new one.  That old Reebok Trump campaign sign does the job just fine.

My favorite are the obvious 2020 or possibly 2016 trump/pence yard signs with the pence folded under or cut off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

My hypothesis is they were giving away signs in 2020, but with money being tight now, they are selling them or requiring a donation.  

edit: $24 for a sign

https://secure.winred.com/save-america-joint-fundraising-committee/storefront/
[mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] [mention=281]RDCanecutter[/mention] there’s some prime grift opportunities there. 

It seems that Trump signs in the $10 range would be good business. Anyone want to get in on the grift with me? I know a guy in China who can print a few million for $1000 cash.

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

It seems that Trump signs in the $10 range would be good business. Anyone want to get in on the grift with me? I know a guy in China who can print a few million for $1000 cash.

That might work. However, I wonder if coming up with something that is say Trump *adjacent might sell even better. The MAGA crowd really enjoyed the ingroup participation in the FJB mantra which was just plain lucky on the part of the GOP when that happened. A sign with some large logo that uses a picture of the symbolic red hat with the blondie swoop and has a code word or little anacronym displayed on the front of the hat so that the folks who feel somewhat shy about shouting it out nowadays but still lean that way will spend the $$ and it's visible from the road or wherever. What am I even saying here? Stop, I don't want to help them, I want to grift them. Never mind Trump signs in the ten dollar range.

*(sorry I've been using this word a lot lately, it's the new 'transformative' so I'm going to overuse it to force its demise)

Dubious source as Newsweek is nothing now but lol if true. 

At least 75 percent of the state committee, which has just over 100 members, would need to back a motion to remove Karamo as chair, although this could be reduced to a two-thirds threshold if such a move was supported in a separate agenda in a two-thirds vote.

So it’s 3/4 but you could take a separate vote to make it 2/3 that only needs 2/3 to pass.  Ingenious. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

On 1/2/2024 at 4:21 PM, atomheartbevo said:

There's a house about a mile from mine.  Guy has a detached work shop that runs alongside the road.  In late 2019-early 2020, he put out a Trump 2020 flag (you know, one of the blue ones).  Attached it to the side of the shop.  It started fading within a year, and after the election, he kept it up.  Over time, it became tattered and eventually just rotted away, with maybe a 1 x 1 square of a top corner left behind.

I just figured he was over it all, since no other flags or messages went up on his property.

Sure as shit, on Jan 1, up went a Trump 2024 flag in the same place.

• Rage+1 1

A house in my neighborhood had a trump flag up from 2020 until spring of 2022. Then, he took it down and put up a black flag for six months. I wondered if he was a J6’er and decided not to advertise it once the sentences started dropping.

Edited by GenXer

There's a house about a mile from mine.  Guy has a detached work shop that runs alongside the road.  In late 2019-early 2020, he put out a Trump 2020 flag (you know, one of the blue ones).  Attached it to the side of the shop.  It started fading within a year, and after the election, he kept it up.  Over time, it became tattered and eventually just rotted away, with maybe a 1 x 1 square of a top corner left behind.
I just figured he was over it all, since no other flags or messages went up on his property.
Sure as shit, on Jan 1, up went a Trump 2024 flag in the same place.

My wife passes some land on the way to her warehouse that had 4 or 5 Trump 2020 flags up. They were worn and torn. A few months ago the Trump 2024 flags went up. These people are sick.

5 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

My wife passes some land on the way to her warehouse that had 4 or 5 Trump 2020 flags up. They were worn and torn. A few months ago the Trump 2024 flags went up. These people are sick.

What possesses someone to fly a flag for any candidate?

I’m just surprised they don’t go full 3rd world country and just put up huge murals of dear leader up a la Sadam or Erdogan or Assad or Idi Amin.

i guess a flag is just cheaper

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1