The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, Lobo said:

"Authorities do not expect foul play"   WTF?  The fucking boat drivers were the cause of the waves that sunk 4 boats and almost killed dozens of people.  That's the definition of foul play.  Lake Travis isn't exactly the Drake Passage.  The choppy waves were cost by Empowered Stupidity.  

Jesus, those people fucked up a boat parade and they think they should be in charge of government.  Fucking ridiculous.  

These people are gonna kill themselves off for their leader.  I'm fine with it.  Anything I can do to expedite it, just lemme know.  

The beautiful thing is that Trump and the GOP had so thoroughly trained these idiots not to give any fucks about anybody else, that none of them seemed to give a shit that they were sinking or endangering their fellow MAGA fans.

It's almost nihilistic in a way.

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

He and his wife have 5 sons.    This also assumes those kids are his.

Oh yeah, no gay guy ever got his beard pregnant for the cover story.  

https://apnews.com/article/oklahoma-oklahoma-city-medicaid-71b615efeb283e12c0cdd79a230b7df5

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt removed the only two physicians from the board that oversees the state’s Medicaid agency, just a week after the board voted 7-1 to delay implementing rules on Stitt’s plan to privatize some Medicaid services.

Dr. Jean Hausheer told The Associated Press on Tuesday that both she and Dr. Laura Shamblin, an Oklahoma City pediatrician, were informed on Saturday by a staffer in the governor’s office that they were being removed from the governing board of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.

Hausheer, an ophthalmologist from Lawton, said neither she nor Shamblin were told why they were being removed, and Stitt spokeswoman Carly Atchison didn’t immediately respond to questions about his decision.

“The governor has my cellphone number ... it is kind of odd that he didn’t contact me himself,” Hausheer said. “I’m going to presume it was because of our last board meeting.”

Hausheer and Shamblin were among seven members of the board who voted last week to delay implementing rules on Stitt’s plan to outsource case management for some Medicaid recipients to private insurance companies. Stitt’s managed care proposal has faced bipartisan opposition in the Legislature and was ruled unconstitutional in June by the Oklahoma Supreme Court.

The Health Care Authority said in a statement that Stitt was replacing Hausheer and Shamblin with Susan Dell’Osso and Gino DeMarco.

Stitt’s decision was sharply criticized by Dr. George Monks, immediate past president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association.

“The Health Care Authority’s job is to oversee more than $2 billion taxpayer dollars and serve Oklahoma’s most vulnerable citizens, not rubber-stamp a governor’s political agenda,” Monks said in a statement. “Today, the governor demonstrated the politics are vastly more important than the health of Oklahomans as he eliminated two of the three female members and the only physicians from the OHCA Board of Directors.”

Atchison, the governor’s spokeswoman, said in a statement that Stitt welcomes Dell’Osso and DeMarco to the board and thanks Hausheer and Shamblin for their service.

Finally, Sarah Palin is right about something.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/idaho-begins-rationing-care-as-hospitals-crumple-under-covid-load/

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare on Monday activated its "crisis standards of care" in 10 northern hospitals hard-hit by staff shortages, hospital bed shortages, and a "massive increase in patients with COVID-19 who require hospitalization," the department announced Tuesday.

The crisis standards mean that the quality of care in those hospitals will be reduced for all patients. Resources will be rationed, and patients with the best chances of survival may be prioritized.

In practice, that could mean that: emergency medical services may prioritize which 9-1-1 calls they respond to; some people who would normally be admitted to the hospital will instead be turned away; some admitted patients may be sent home earlier than typical or may find their hospital bed in a repurposed area of the hospital, like a conference room; and, in the worst cases, hospital staff might not be able to provide an intensive care unit bed or a ventilator to a patient that has a relatively low chance of survival.

Spoiler

"Crisis standards of care is a last resort. It means we have exhausted our resources to the point that our healthcare systems are unable to provide the treatment and care we expect," Dave Jeppesen, director of Idaho's Department of Health and Welfare, said in a statement. "This is a decision I was fervently hoping to avoid. The best tools we have to turn this around is for more people to get vaccinated and to wear masks indoors and in outdoor crowded public places. Please choose to get vaccinated as soon as possible—it is your very best protection against being hospitalized from COVID-19."

Idaho has one of the country's lowest vaccination rates, with just 39 percent of the state fully vaccinated. With the rampant nationwide spread of the hypertransmissible delta variant, the Gem State has seen a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations since July. The northern district is seeing some of the worst of the surge. Hospitalizations in Idaho have exceeded all previous records in the state, hitting a seven-day rolling average of nearly 540 COVID-19 hospitalizations. The previous peak in late December was around 470. Statewide, around 89 percent of intensive care unit beds are occupied.

"We have reached an unprecedented and unwanted point in the history of our state," Republican Gov. Brad Little said. "We have taken so many steps to avoid getting here, but yet again we need to ask more Idahoans to choose to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. More Idahoans need to choose to receive the vaccine so we can minimize the spread of the disease and reduce the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations, many of which involve younger Idahoans and are preventable with safe and effective vaccines.”

COVID-19 hospitalizations are up nationwide with the rise of delta, and several other states appear on the brink of rationing care as well. The Associated Press reported that Hawaii's Democratic Gov. David Ige signed an order last week releasing hospitals and health care workers from liability if they have to ration care. NPR reported over the weekend that New Mexico has a waiting list of ICU beds while officials there warned that they may, too, need to enact crisis standards.

As of Tuesday, the US has recorded more than 40 million COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic and the death toll is poised to reach 650,000.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Texas republicans say "hold my beer"

• Rage+1 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1439915979983794176.html

Emails and text messages obtained by POLITICO show Florida’s new election law was drafted with the help of the Republican Party of Florida’s top lawyer — and that a crackdown on mail-in ballot requests was seen as a way for the GOP to erase the edge Dems had in 2020. 

One text message exchange showed RPOF chair Joe Gruters defending a Senate proposal to cancel all existing mail-in ballot requests, saying that it would be “devastating” for Republicans to keep them valid heading into the 2022 election 

Gruters to House sponsor Blaise Ingoglia: “We cannot make up ground. Trump campaign spent 10 million. Could not cut down lead,” he said about mail-in ballot requests 

Gruters (R-Sarasota) also said it would hurt the GOP in non-partisan races, noting that “our school board member got killed” in a local race. Gruters last week filed legislation that would ask voters to make school board races partisan. 

Fla. Leg decided to shorten the time mail-in ballot requests are valid, but didn't cancel current ones. When asked about his text messages, Gruters said “what I said in my text message was accurate. I think the failure to do a reset will have a detrimental impact going forward.” 

Here's the story POLITICO sent out to subscribers this a.m. - subscriber.politicopro.com/article/2021/0…

The emails and texts were handed over in discovery to those challenging Florida's election law in federal court. POLITICO put in a records request to House, Senate and governor's office for the items

I've been saying this is only going to hurt the GOP the most.

The most frequent users of mail-in ballots in red states prior to COVID - old people who vote GOP.  Using a one-off pandemic trend to forecast long term changes in voting habits was short-sighted and dumb af, so very on brand for the GOP. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Consensus. "I won't tell you where I get true information."

Why? Embarrassed? You're lying about not watching TV news (FOX)? You've done your own research?

We white people on this bus accusing BLM of staging Jan. 6 have hearts full of love for our fellow man. 

Cognitive-dissonance States of America.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Those dipshits made me ashamed of my Andy Griffith Show fandom.

Imagine an episode where a fat, loudmouth Yankee with an inability to tell the truth about anything comes to town.  Barney and Gomer might get duped at the beginning and Don Knotts would work some comedy magic.  However, by the end of the episode the entire town of Mayberry would ride that blow-hard asshole out of Mayberry. 

• Hook 'Em 5