The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 8/16/2021 at 12:55 PM, Goredho said:

Just went to the Canon City, CO Walmart.  This may be the Trumpiest of the Trumpy-places.  4 unrelated shoppers open carrying. At least half the people with some sort of visible display of antagonistic conservatism.  Blue line American flags, MAGA hats and my personal favorite, a Dead Votes Matter T-shirt.

These are the vestigial remains of small-town America, an environment where I grew up.  It is generally populated by the worst and dullest now.  Those that couldn’t figure their way to an environment more conducive to modern prosperity.  They just exist here in these dead and decaying towns, the world passing them by, stewing over the effects of post-industrial change and directing their anger at whatever boogie man they are directed towards by whoever they identify as their source of truth and leadership.

Not that they could ever recognize or understand that.  They can rightfully sense their world is eroding, but they don’t have the ability to analyze it and react in a way that might improve their situation.  They just have emotional reaction without meaningful  thought, and it’s sad as fuck.

Great post. 

They just have emotional reaction without meaningful  thought

And the very worst people and interests in this country have been cultivating that for decades.

The hate engine is akin to a case of ass worms. They're eating you up, but you can't resist the pleasure of scratching the itch. Scratching that itch becomes central to the carriers' existence; they see the parasite as symbiotic even as it consumes them.

Tell them it's a disease, and they will tell you you're the real enemy. Then they will start attacking you. 

Now they've all joined a death cult. Decent people think reasoning with them will work. It won't.

They've called their politics war for years. Culture war. Class war. War for their freedom to go for a deep scratch at those ass worms and the right to stick their fingers in everybody else's ass.

They tell us this is war. They support the attack on the Capitol to deny the election of a leader not of their choosing.

It's jihaad for them. There is only one way to answer that, and it's not political cartoons and pithy arguments.

There will be (more) blood.

Again, I find myself wondering what is the disposition of the Army? The general staff seems solid, but what is the breakdown of Trumpist GOPs in the ranks? What if whole units go rogue? What happens if the Army is fighting the Army?

Banana Republic. It's old news, but I have to repeat it to keep it from becoming normal in my mind.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Again, I find myself wondering what is the disposition of the Army? The general staff seems solid, but what is the breakdown of Trumpist GOPs in the ranks? What if whole units go rogue? What happens if the Army is fighting the Army?

The army is so thoroughly integrated it would have to break down on a platoon-by-platoon level. This is not a concern of mine after having seen the army up close during my son's enlistment. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The army is so thoroughly integrated it would have to break down on a platoon-by-platoon level. This is not a concern of mine after having seen the army up close during my son's enlistment. 

It's the cop shops and sheriff's departments that might would go sideways.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

Yup. Lunatic sheriffs "deputizing" violent posses full of wifebeating aggy types are a real danger. So are municipal police forces looking the other way while Proud Boys and similar groups assault regular citizens, while arresting liberals and leftists who try to defend their own communities.

• Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Absolutely.  We have red flag laws here in Colorado.  A large majority the rural sheriffs have said they aren't going to enforce them, make me, and.... nothing.  That's it.  They are just choosing to ignore the law because they don't agree with it and there are no consequences.

The prevailing attitude with these rural sheriffs is "I am the law."

Edited by Goredho

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. Lunatic sheriffs "deputizing" violent posses full of wifebeating aggy types are a real danger. So are municipal police forces looking the other way while Proud Boys and similar groups assault regular citizens, while arresting liberals and leftists who try to defend their own communities.

I was just thinking of how it went down back in the 60s in the Deep South. (The Deep South now extends to Washington state.) You had actual murderous Klan motherfuckers running around disappearing people, and no cops knew nothin about nobody. Took the FBI to crack some cases. As for the army, during the Selma-to-Montgomery march those same Nat'l Guard were local dudes who might not have cared if MLK got shot (I know one of them who got called up, he's to the right of Darth Vader) but there was enough, I don't know, whatever, in their sense of duty that they obeyed orders and provided security.

Of course, they probably would have obeyed orders to shoot some hippies too, like the guys in Ohio did

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

there was enough, I don't know, whatever, in their sense of duty that they obeyed orders and provided security.

They didn’t want to spend the rest of their lives at Leavenworth Uncle Sam does not fuck around. 

Local cops do not want the heat the feds will bring. Looking the other way during a melee is one thing, jumping in one side in the age of livestreams ain’t happening 

• Drool 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Having been in the Army during the Clinton years, the typical soldier gave no fucks about what Clinton was doing.

Stateside soldiers care about getting paid and getting laid.

Camaros and Dodge Chargers ain't going to drive themselves off the sales lot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

They didn’t want to spend the rest of their lives at Leavenworth Uncle Sam does not fuck around. 

Local cops do not want the heat the feds will bring. Looking the other way during a melee is one thing, jumping in one side in the age of livestreams ain’t happening 

Well, yeah, this is all pretty far down Dystopia Lane, but it is very plausible to me that some local constabularies would go rogue (poss as masked paramilitaries) but almost impossible for me to see active-duty military doing the same. 

i mean maybe when our country is on the brink of collapse some well-heeled and evil politico could buy out a few dozen Navy SEALs the way those Mexican special forces deserted en masse to become Los Zetas. That didn't exactly end well for the Gulf Cartel though, so any would-be American dictator would have to bear that in mind. 

Allen West’s wife arrested in Dallas and charged with DWI with a child under 15. Allen said all she had was water and lemonade at dinner PF Chang’s.

Oops.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/texas-gov-candidate-allen-west-livid-after-wife-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dwi-denies-she-was-drinking/287-45c46fa3-167b-4a9f-b517-64d628909e26

Allen West’s wife arrested in Dallas and charged with DWI with a child under 15. Allen said all she had was water and lemonade at dinner PF Chang’s.

Oops.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/texas-gov-candidate-allen-west-livid-after-wife-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dwi-denies-she-was-drinking/287-45c46fa3-167b-4a9f-b517-64d628909e26

Well, see, here’s the thing, Allen….she shouldn’ta been black. That’s the best way to avoid a negative cop encounter - just don’t be black. Being a Republican might be confusing to you, but you really shouldn’t forget that cardinal rule of law enforcement interaction.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Oops.

Gets better:

In his video posted Saturday, Allen West said he was "highly pissed off" and "beyond livid" at how police handled the incident. He accused police of leaving his young grandson with two police officers after the arrest.

So he doesn't trust his grandson with the police?

#bluelivescantbetrusted

If I was black, I might not trust my kid with the police either.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, see, here’s the thing, Allen….she shouldn’ta been black. That’s the best way to avoid a negative cop encounter - just don’t be black. Being a Republican might be confusing to you, but you really shouldn’t forget that cardinal rule of law enforcement interaction.

Kinda torn on this one. On one hand, there is no doubt west is a complete asshole. On the other hand, she probably did get arrested while driving black.

Oh well.Fuck it. I’ll just wait for the facts to come out.

Gee, I can't imagine who might be having a tough week that may want to act out on the West family, who is also in a position to lean on a law enforcement team in that town and make some shit happen.  Racking my brain, just can't think of anyone at the moment who is capable of both

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gets better:

So he doesn't trust his grandson with the police?

#bluelivescantbetrusted

If I was black, I might not trust my kid with the police either.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In his video posted Saturday, Allen West said he was "highly pissed off"

Allen West is pissed. Royally pissed.

• Haha 1

The FEA also reports that 17 school employees, including seven teachers and an assistant principal, have died of COVID since Aug. 1.

The COVID resurgence, largely fueled by the the Delta variant preying on unvaccinated people, has driven more than 28,000 students and school staff in Florida into quarantine and isolation based on confirmed infections or direct exposures to infected people.

But..... muh freedumbs!

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So the base booed Trump for telling them to get vaccinated and booed Mo Brooks for telling them to stop focusing on 2020 and look ahead to 2022/24?

image.thumb.png.864f975ee5d066d0735674b0d4ebbd0c.png

Yeah, pretty apparent that there is no head of the snake anymore. They've outgrown it and aren't going away when Trump is out of the picture.

• Like 2

It’s a mass psychosis, as stated by some poster on one of the threads.  Like the Salem witch trials. 

A hunnert percent this. Trump, and in turn, the gelatinously spineless GQP, happily fed and created a psychotic monster. And now, that monster has a life of its own, and no longer obeys their commands.

I mean, who EVER could have seen this coming?

Gritty did.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

So the base booed Trump for telling them to get vaccinated and booed Mo Brooks for telling them to stop focusing on 2020 and look ahead to 2022/24?

Trump needs to go 100% anti vaxx !!!!

saying you have your freedom to choose isn’t enough anymore 

Edited by tx 3 putt

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Mo Brooks showing up in a muddy field in North Alabama to get booed by belligerent fat-asses is pretty much the culmination of everything he ever worked for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've kept ties with the TDQ on a few Facebook groups I look into from time, just to see what the idiots are spewing now. A Port Arthur Trumper posted this the other day:

239177739_10161433780732942_213695349433

The staggering idiocy....First, yeah, I am sure the Taliban are terrified of an ex-president. Second, that plane won't be landing in Kabul because it won't be flying to Kabul because it can't get off the ground: it's sitting in a fenced-off backlot of tarmac in podunk upstate New York with one engine broken and the other one missing. Lost. In the wind.

Trump was yakking back in May about how it was being restored to be yoooge and beautiful but it seems nothing has been done since that time. So effectively is badass ride is on blocks behind the house.

I have these cousins in Red River County who every now and then allow their genes instead of their white trash raising to poke through and they mildly criticize Trump, or praise Mitt Romney or similar, whereupon their whole world comes crashing down on them for committing heresy to the faith. (I take that back -- one dude agreed with one of my cousins one time, but get this: only because he thinks Trump is also a tool of Soros. How fucking metal is that?

A week or so back one of my cousins just posted a note expressing general alarm at scenes from the fall of Kabul...One of her neighbors -- we'll call him Big Brain Brad, because his name is Brad -- had this to say:

"This crap wasn't happening under Trump. He had all but destroyed the Taliban and was preparing to hand Afghanistan back to the people."

Another dangerous radical up there answered with this: "it started with Trump and him signing the Peace Treaty." 

To which Big Brain Brad had the answer:  "you are 100% incorrect. He gave our military leaders everything they needed to wipe them out, and they did. The main thing he done was remove the political obstacles that Obama had in place and let the military do what the military does, kill people and break things. They did just that."

For these people, real life is the movie in their head where Trump does no wrong and is foiled at every turn. Even when he openly does and says things they don't like -- such as start the pullout of Afghanistan -- they just invent his intention to stick to the script they have for him in their minds: in this case, the Taliban was reeling because somehow our badass troops had destroyed them without so much as 100 servicemen and women dying overseas in action or in accidents in all theaters for the four years of Trump's presidency. 

Either these zombies don't know these statistics or they believe Trump's army really is just that badass. 

What's scarier still is now they are breaking with him, as we saw when he was booed for telling them to vax. First the GOP created a monster in Trump, and then it lost control of it, and then Trump adopted that monster, but now it's showing signs of being done with him. It's just a vast blob of wishful thinking guided by stupidity and bad intentions, now showing signs of leaderlessness. 

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Trump needs to go 100% anti vaxx !!!!

saying you have your freedom to choose isn’t enough anymore 

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s in a pickle 

Trump got the vaccine.  In his mind, he doesn't make mistakes, therefore the vaccine wasn't a mistake.  And given his age, he probably knows some folks who have died from it.

What we saw was him trying to sell his decision, but he was still a little uncertain about how to sell it.  The boos mean that he lost the audience, and somebody like Trump despises losing the audience.  In his mind, he probably didn't sell it right, and he's figuring out how to do so, because he's a salesman, and probably the best in the world if you ask him, so of course he thinks he can sell it better next time.

His next rally, I actually think he will do a better job of pushing the vaccine.

Anybody got a pasture in Oklahoma they want to rent out?

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump got the vaccine.  In his mind, he doesn't make mistakes, therefore the vaccine wasn't a mistake.  And given his age, he probably knows some folks who have died from it.

What we saw was him trying to sell his decision, but he was still a little uncertain about how to sell it.  The boos mean that he lost the audience, and somebody like Trump despises losing the audience.  In his mind, he probably didn't sell it right, and he's figuring out how to do so, because he's a salesman, and probably the best in the world if you ask him, so of course he thinks he can sell it better next time.

His next rally, I actually think he will do a better job of pushing the vaccine.

I can't recall the exact time but somewhere around late last fall/early winter, a reporter was in some BFE Oklahoma town talking to anti-vaxxers.  They were sitting in some little cafe talking to locals.  After a couple of rounds of questions the reporter brought up the fact that dotard had taken the vaccine.  The group immediately took to calling dotard a yankee carpetbagger.

They love dotard b/c he says retarded shit they love.  The minute he starts speaking anything sensible, they will turn on him like a snake. 

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Demand to be paid up front...in cash. 

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I can't recall the exact time but somewhere around late last fall/early winter, a reporter was in some BFE Oklahoma town talking to anti-vaxxers.  They were sitting in some little cafe talking to locals.  After a couple of rounds of questions the reporter brought up the fact that dotard had taken the vaccine.  The group immediately took to calling dotard a yankee carpetbagger liberal New Yorker.

They love dotard b/c he says retarded shit they love.  The minute he starts speaking anything sensible, they will turn on him like a snake. 

I remember that segment and where it was since I looked it up on a map to make sure and never step foot in that town for any reason.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/03/18/tuchman-vaccine-trump-biden-coronavirus-vpx.cnn

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I remember that segment and where it was since I looked it up on a map to make sure and never step foot in that town for any reason.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/03/18/tuchman-vaccine-trump-biden-coronavirus-vpx.cnn

I think Boise City also made the news recently a patient had to be flown to Boise, Idaho to find a hospital bed. The article below doesn't say which city, but I recall seeing it elsewhere.

https://okcfox.com/news/local/doctor-oklahoma-covid-19-patient-had-to-be-transferred-to-idaho-hospital