The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

The dude staggering in "Tom Steyer just hit me with his car in the parking lot" fucking cracked me up for some reason.  

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

But sometimes they win a city council seat. See: Lump, Fit. 

Austin deserved it though.  Absolutely deserved it.

And some how FL is one of the more.....rational Republican office-holders in Texas.  Her twitter feed is not a massive Qanon free-for-all of screeds against vaccines, masks, etc. and she's rarely waged war against any Republicans in Texas, outside of Allen West.

It's....odd.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:39 AM, Fastbreak said:

If the average baby is about 8 pounds and you could turn 50% of it into meat, that would mean you could get 16 quarter pounders per baby. That burger goes for 3 bucks, with the meat probably costing a dollar. So the average baby would be worth about $16. 8 million babies, $94 million in revenue. Doesn’t seem like a good business model. 

If those were adult babies, sure, they'd dress out about like that. But since they are probably very young babies who are still mostly cartilage, I am sure you could blend most of it into some top seller like imitation anchovy paste or plain old potted meat, whatever they are currently using puppies and gerbils for.

Not saying you should, it probably violates some obscure health regulations, I'm just talking in theory.

Edited by RDCanecutter
almost showed evidence of my russian troll status by a grammatical quirk
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Austin deserved it though.  Absolutely deserved it.

And some how FL is one of the more.....rational Republican office-holders in Texas.  Her twitter feed is not a massive Qanon free-for-all of screeds against vaccines, masks, etc. and she's rarely waged war against any Republicans in Texas, outside of Allen West.

It's....odd.

Give her time. She's a lower tier grifter who fell ass backwards into the most lucrative job she's ever had. Right now she's happier than a pig in shit, but eventually she will get greedy and figure out she can upgrade. She's a 5, which is like a Republican 8, so these old white incels will fawn all over her and get her into higher office sooner or later. Maybe a State Lege run in 2024 will be her next step. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

She's a 5, which is like a Republican 8, so these old white incels will fawn all over her and get her into higher office sooner or later. Maybe a State Lege run in 2024 will be her next step. 

They already are fawning all over her - as her twitter feed documents it.

She's definitely not done with politics after this - she is constantly doing #txlege in her tweets, and is meeting with people way above her pay grade.  The problem is a state legislature seat doesn't pay but about half of what she's currently making.  She's not going to downgrade in pay, not after all of the dresses she's bought.

Which makes me wonder if she'll run for a House seat.  

But then she'll be in big-time politics where her primary opponents will absolutely  smear the shit out of her with everything she has done in the past, which leads me back to her trying to stay with a fairly low-key position where she doesn't have to face other Republicans with a lot on the line.  Maybe a staffing position?  But those are $40,000 - $55,000 a year at the state level, and I can't think of any expertise she brings to one of those positions.

But those are $40,000 - $55,000 a year at the state level, and I can't think of any expertise she brings to one of those positions.

She may have expertise in certain positions. A BJ from a younger five-head is an experience more valued than many older GQP members can express.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's definitely not done with politics after this - she is constantly doing #txlege in her tweets, and is meeting with people way above her pay grade.  The problem is a state legislature seat doesn't pay but about half of what she's currently making.  She's not going to downgrade in pay, not after all of the dresses she's bought.

Which makes me wonder if she'll run for a House seat.  

But then she'll be in big-time politics where her primary opponents will absolutely  smear the shit out of her with everything she has done in the past, which leads me back to her trying to stay with a fairly low-key position where she doesn't have to face other Republicans with a lot on the line.  Maybe a staffing position?  But those are $40,000 - $55,000 a year at the state level, and I can't think of any expertise she brings to one of those positions.

Yeah a State Rep/Senator job pays like shit. $7200 for a non-session year and $38,000 for a session year.  She can do a lot more jobs for $18/hour, ya know. 

She's kind of fucked where she is though for a House seat - TX-35 and TX-37 aren't even on the table for her.  They re-drew 10 with a fucking land-bridge through southern Williamson County to connect to McCaul's house and he's only 59.  There's such tiny portions of 21 (Roy) and 17 (Sessions) in Travis County - anyone with a base outside of Travis will have a leg-up on her.  There's more of 21 in Bexar than Travis.  Anyone in Waco or College Station has more of a base for 17 than she would. 

She's hit her wall, for now, and should probably stick to City Council for as long as she can stay elected.  

Edited by Js1

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

do they get bonuses (or whatever) for special sessions?

They get a per diem for each day of session and special session).   It's not that much, really.  $221 per day.  They made an extra $20k this year, but 3 special sessions is not the norm.  2001, 2007, 2015 and 2019 had none.  2005, 2013, 2021 had 3 special sessions. 2009, 2011, 2017 only had 1.  2003 had 4 (controversial mid-decade redistricting). 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:

The Grateful Dead have always had a big tent. Hells Angels, Senators, hard core druggy burnouts, hippies, jazz buffs and plenty of general assholes.

The Hell’s Angels, they came along with Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. But they liked to party and you could pay them in beer. When the Dead got to Altamont and saw that scene they got the hell out of there.

Good to see Susan Powter getting work again after her failed real estate and fitness careers.  Her voice seems a little different.  

"Stop the Insanity!  Stop the Steal!"  Prescient of her though to write a book called "The Politics of Stupid" 20 years ago.  Shit, maybe we are in a simulation.

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

George W. headlining a fundraiser in Dallas for Liz Cheney. Need more of this stuff - the more moderate (R)s sticking together.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/10/18/george-w-bush-headlines-liz-cheney-event-in-dallas-today-as-anti-trump-republicans-rally-to-her-aid/

What are the odds of Dotard running third party to spite the Rs?  Has to be a decent chance. He’s just that petty. And it would be glorious. 

• Like 2

Without Googling, who said it?

"The fools who believe in the horror of pandemic and therefore trust the lies are the only ones who believe the total prevention stuff. The elites know that covid is not the horror as presented, and how many of them only use mazks as props, and took invermectin or other demonized therapeutics? And had fake vax photos? The total prevention is the soft soap lie thrown out to force vax mandates. The elites don’t believe it themselves."

1. TexAgs
  2. Huffines
  3. Tucker
  4. Free Republic
  5. A country-western singer
  6. A right-wing talkshow host
  7. An actor who hasn't had a decent gig in decades
  8. MyPillow

Give her time. She's a lower tier grifter who fell ass backwards into the most lucrative job she's ever had. Right now she's happier than a pig in shit, but eventually she will get greedy and figure out she can upgrade. She's a 5, which is like a Republican 8, so these old white incels will fawn all over her and get her into higher office sooner or later. Maybe a State Lege run in 2024 will be her next step. 

Oh yeah. She will let a few of them blow their load on those fake tits just to make sure they will continue to support her.

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

If the Democrats are smart, they just run this advertisement and that 13 second clip of the woman who running against AOC over and over and over again in every single race across America and have a tagline like "the choice is yours, America."   If, at that point, the Trump fanatics win, well then they gave it their best shot but it was just that the average American was too stupid to be allowed the privilege of voting.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

michele-fiore.png?id=27708691&width=1200

This is Sterling in 5-10 years.

I chuckle to myself when I see an older, fat guy in Texas with his holster tied high.  If he had to draw, could his spare tire/gut even allow for him to get the weapon out in under 30 seconds.  Does he have to suck it in and hold his breath like he does when he's putting on socks?  Does he have to loosen his belt first, shimmy his pants down, and then draw down?  More power to his 2A rights, I just don't think he thought threw the logistics as he got dressed that morning.

Having said that, she's a monster...but I'm kinda turned on by the fact that her sideboob AND underboob both strongly affect her drawing capabilities.