The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What are the odds of Dotard running third party to spite the Rs?  Has to be a decent chance. He’s just that petty. And it would be glorious. 

It's all about the money.  If he gets full control over GOP fundraising, and I'm not talking about his little rallies, but somehow gets some people into the driver's seat on GOP fundraising and fund allocation, then he stays in.

But if he thought he'd make more money with a full-blown third-party MAGA party, yep, he'll be all in, as long as somebody else is footing the bill for the infrastructure.

32 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

2497225B-CDE9-46AC-9B9B-54945D079967.jpeg

the young lady on the right with the Uzi...is she single?  I just want her telephone number

RIP, River.   (hey, if it was the FBI, they'd give him twins)

Edited by Lobo

I dunno man, are you sure that's not an Uzi? I know a lot about guns and sneakers.

So if she's Savannah, who's named River?  And where's Mother?  Eh, no matter...they're all probably serving as muscle for Cosmo anyway.

Until then, this man goes to Tahiti.  

Edited by Lobo

My first quote about the girl on the right was the final scene by River Phoenix in (what I think was) his second to last movie.  I know we quote obscure movies around here, but it was a little picture featuring some no-name actors like Robert Redford, James Earl Jones, Dan Aykroyd, Sir Ben Kingsley, Sidney Poitier, River Phoenix, Timothy Busfield, Mary McDonnell, David Straithairn, and Stephen "Ned Reyerson/Warner Brandes" Tobolowsky.  A rather unheard of group of actors at the time.  

I saw the cute woman with the gun at her side and thought of that final scene with River Phoenix at the end.  It was such a beautiful cap to a great little film.  A few people got it right away.  Wasn't trying to thread hijack for once.  Just the moment I saw that demented family photo, I thought of "Sneakers."  I've never met any film buff that has actually seen the movie that doesn't love it and remember so much more of it than they should (for being 30 years old).   I know it's not a fucking Uzi, the gun legend is right in the corner.  She just hit me like a brick of nostalgia.  (too long, yeah, yeah...I fucking know.  was really just answering Pato del Muerto...)

Back to Trump and Death.............Eddie Izzard should reboot his bit about this, "Trump or Death?"  

"Well, what happened to the cake?"

"Well, bloody hell...we've run out of cake."

"Very well.  I choose..."

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's a whole lot of insecurity in one photo.  And a huge lack of awareness of what Christmas is actually about.

But, to their credit, they allowed "Kyle" in the photo.  A lot of these Republican Christian families would pretend like "he" didn't exit.

I believe that's also Radical Larry in the middle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

My first quote about the girl on the right was the final scene by River Phoenix in (what I think was) his second to last movie.  I know we quote obscure movies around here, but it was a little picture featuring some no-name actors like Robert Redford, James Earl Jones, Dan Aykroyd, Sir Ben Kingsley, Sidney Poitier, River Phoenix, Timothy Busfield, Mary McDonnell, David Straithairn, and Stephen "Ned Reyerson/Warner Brandes" Tobolowsky.  A rather unheard of group of actors at the time.  

I saw the cute woman with the gun at her side and thought of that final scene with River Phoenix at the end.  It was such a beautiful cap to a great little film.  A few people got it right away.  Wasn't trying to thread hijack for once.  Just the moment I saw that demented family photo, I thought of "Sneakers."  I've never met any film buff that has actually seen the movie that doesn't love it and remember so much more of it than they should (for being 30 years old).   I know it's not a fucking Uzi, the gun legend is right in the corner.  She just hit me like a brick of nostalgia.  (too long, yeah, yeah...I fucking know.  was really just answering Pato del Muerto...)

Back to Trump and Death.............Eddie Izzard should reboot his bit about this, "Trump or Death?"  

"Well, what happened to the cake?"

"Well, bloody hell...we've run out of cake."

"Very well.  I choose..."

Ok cool.  I saw the movie once; thirty years ago.  Amazing I couldn't remember one particular line from that piece of shit.

I thought it was a pretty good little picture given the outsized cast.  

It's just not often you see an attractive woman holding a weapon like that around the holidays.  

Anyway...the photo/legend also look like a really bizarre catalog spread from JC Penney 1996's surprisingly discontinued line of incestuous sporting goods/festive holiday attire, "As long as I gotta Beretta, I'm going down on Whoevah"  

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sneakers was fucking awesome. Folks who feel otherwise are stupid and can get bent. 

I always liked that scene where the pretend NSA guys confront Robert Redford (Martin Bryce) in his own office.  I forget the setup by Busfield about joining the intelligence community but Redford goes, "I was gonna.  But they found out my parents were married."  And the other chubby ex-agent comes running from off-screen to try to strangle him.  Fucking cracked me up as a teenager and I never knew why.  

csb (and long to piss-off FudgeNuggets).  About two years ago (before the election heated up) I'm sitting in the "sports" bar of that doubletree by Luv Field waiting on a Vonlane back home.  Run into a guy who used to work for an ex-business partner of mine, both die-hard Trumpers.   About 6 people in the whole bar.  We get to chatting and drinking and drinking and politics, he asks me something like "You're gonna vote for Trump over Biden or any Democrat, right?"  And I couldn't help myself (and this guy knew me well enough to know I'm a sarcastic asshole), I replied, "Well, I was gonna vote for him...but he found out my parents were married."  You woulda thought I hit the female bartender.  I didn't raise my voice, but my sub-bass radio voice just carries.  Every asshole in that bar looked at me with this scowl.  I hadn't thought of that movie in 10 years before that but almost got me in a brawl if I didn't know this guy so well.  We ended up on the same Vonlane to Austin getting drunk.  But everybody else in that bar wanted to fight me which was odd considering you have no moral high horse that drunk on a Tuesday afternoon NOT waiting on a flight or bus. /csb

There's also a great Aykroyd joke in that movie that's a callback to "Spies Like Us."  I didn't realize it did so well at the box office at the time.  I saw it a couple years later from Blockbuster.  RIP, River.  

Trump probably watched it and rooted for the Russians.

Okay, watch it.  But keep in mind...it's literally the last espionage movie that came out before ubiquitous cell phone usage.  Think of if like the 75 Seinfeld episodes that wouldn't have been entertaining had there been cell phones.  Seriously.  It's that dire.  I am for serial.  The cast is so good, it's embarrassing.  

I see that holiday card and I'm thinking, of course, of course it makes perfect sense in this timeline that the GOP would interpret war on Christmas to mean War ON Christmas because why the hell not? That whole thing about 'blessed are the peacemakers is just Jesus having some sympathy for the beta soy people before they got slaughtered. And when Jesus was talking about rendering, everyone knows he was talking about bacon fat, because if you're going to war on Christmas, you gotta eat.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Okay, watch it.  But keep in mind...it's literally the last espionage movie that came out before ubiquitous cell phone usage.  Think of if like the 75 Seinfeld episodes that wouldn't have been entertaining had there been cell phones.  Seriously.  It's that dire.  I am for serial.  The cast is so good, it's embarrassing.  

It's genuinely one of the best "hacker" movies made, and the depictions of social engineering are spot on. Haven't seen it in a while though, deffo gotta add it to my Plex...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brakeman said:

I saw Rice give a commencement speech at
Vanderbilt University in the early 2k, It was post 9-11. 

I was knocked out by how she didn't seem to belong in Duyah's whitehouse.

I 'was wrong'.

Wow, she looks rough.

Probably threatened with losing her ANGC membership.

2 minutes ago, brakeman said:

I saw Rice give a commencement speech at
Vanderbilt University in the early 2k, It was post 9-11. 

I was knocked out by how she didn't seem to belong in Duyah's whitehouse.

I 'was wrong'.

Wow, she looks rough.

She’s being roasted on Twitter and radio.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I always liked that scene where the pretend NSA guys confront Robert Redford (Martin Bryce) in his own office.  I forget the setup by Busfield about joining the intelligence community but Redford goes, "I was gonna.  But they found out my parents were married."  And the other chubby ex-agent comes running from off-screen to try to strangle him.  Fucking cracked me up as a teenager and I never knew why.  

csb (and long to piss-off FudgeNuggets).  About two years ago (before the election heated up) I'm sitting in the "sports" bar of that doubletree by Luv Field waiting on a Vonlane back home.  Run into a guy who used to work for an ex-business partner of mine, both die-hard Trumpers.   About 6 people in the whole bar.  We get to chatting and drinking and drinking and politics, he asks me something like "You're gonna vote for Trump over Biden or any Democrat, right?"  And I couldn't help myself (and this guy knew me well enough to know I'm a sarcastic asshole), I replied, "Well, I was gonna vote for him...but he found out my parents were married."  You woulda thought I hit the female bartender.  I didn't raise my voice, but my sub-bass radio voice just carries.  Every asshole in that bar looked at me with this scowl.  I hadn't thought of that movie in 10 years before that but almost got me in a brawl if I didn't know this guy so well.  We ended up on the same Vonlane to Austin getting drunk.  But everybody else in that bar wanted to fight me which was odd considering you have no moral high horse that drunk on a Tuesday afternoon NOT waiting on a flight or bus. /csb

American Splendor vibe. You need an illustrator to capture it (Thompson had Ralph, after all).

Someone from the ethereal genre might dramatize the flow quite well.

Damn good writer.