The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 4/8/2022 at 2:58 AM, tx 3 putt said:

this pos needs to die, asap

Believe it or not, there's something of a precedence for this.  After WWI there were a number of serial killers targeting children and abusing them in just the manner he describes.  I'd find the link but it's too depressing.

(Edit: the whole Q Anon thing is starting to take on a Marcel Dutroux vibe).

Edited by Bullneck
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Believe it or not, there's something of a precedence for this.  After WWI there were a number of serial killers targeting children and abusing them in just the manner he describes.  I'd find the link but it's too depressing.

(Edit: the whole Q Anon thing is starting to take on a Marcel Dutroux vibe).

Incredulity, sorry if I touched a nerve.  To each his own, brother.  You be you.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, pacman said:

Repubs want to put everyone in jail.  At what point does a little self-awareness creep in?  Sasha Baron Cohen needs to interview her and see if she wants to hit the 70% incarceration rate with jail work programs for building roads and bridges for free and picking cotton?  All work assignments will be made based on race, oh, I didn't mean to say that, um, natural ability, let's say. Puts those "community service" hours to shame; all sentences will be 10 year minimums, and 5 year increments. 

Got kids?  They go with you to jail.  They can sew soccer balls for Adidas or make iPhone screens.  That's my new work study apprenticeship program.  Instead of school-to-jail, I call it jail-to-school.  Like it?    

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Radical republicans are fucking idiots (and racists)

We’re probably the only shithole where you have to wait five days to see if the guy with 8 million more votes won or not.  I agree with Vance on this, we should do away with the Electoral College immediately 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We’re probably the only shithole where you have to wait five days to see if the guy with 8 million more votes won or not.  I agree with Vance on this, we should do away with the Electoral College immediately 

1) we have a few more votes to count than france

2) maybe they count their early voting…early…instead of having one side pass laws requiring them to be sealed until either Election Day or worse, after Election Day votes are counted so that they can then try to have them disqualified, knowing that they trend one way while election day voting trends the other way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

KEARNS — Two men were caught trying to vote more than once in the primary race for county clerk at the Salt Lake County GOP Convention Saturday, and the chairman of the party says it may take legal action against them.

"We're going to probably send this to the attorney general, we may actually prosecute," said Chairman Chris Null. "That's a serious issue in our system."

This happened during the vote counting in the GOP primary race for Salt Lake County clerk between Nancy Lord and Goud Maragani, which Maragani ended up winning with 69% of the delegate vote during the GOP convention.

That automatically advances him from this primary election to the general election in November as the GOP nominee.

"One person took two ballots and stuffed (them) into the container … he ran off," said Null. "Another person attempted, and that person, we stopped it before he was able to accomplish it."

Advertise with usReport ad
The second man was then called up on stage where Null said he didn't have a good explanation for why he allegedly did it.

"He claimed he didn't do but we had enough witnesses."

Both men were then stripped of their delegate titles in a vote from the body of delegates. One of the men was a local precinct chairman.

Null was asked for his response to comments he made earlier in the meeting with delegates where he said the vote for county clerk would be by paper because it's the "safest."

"But look — we fixed it, right?" he said. "We were able to identify that that didn't affect the outcome of the election. Paper ballots actually proved efficient here."

As for what legal charges may come, that's unclear since a political party is a private business.

Both Lord and Maragani were asked if they were OK with the vote continuing, as was the body of delegates. Once everyone agreed, the race continued to be counted.

There were 1,253 total credentialed delegates gathered in Kearns High School's auditorium.

The process of that one nominating vote took more than an hour.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50384820/2-stripped-of-delegate-titles-after-double-voting-at-salt-lake-county-gop-convention

"they decided they were gonna give up our energy; by him going out and giving up all our energy."  

Sounds like he's done some deep learning on the subject.  I'm all-in.  Where do I sign up to elect this genius?  

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

also bizarre from the replies:

Well, if your party is committed to killing off your voting base to enrich the 1%, you have to take some extreme measures to develop the next generation - primarily by doing your damnedest to keep them as stupid as humanly possible.  It's an all-out, all-front assault on public education at this point - strip funding, burn books, attack teachers, tailor the "facts" that can be taught, etc.  It should be obvious to anyone that's paying attention, but as long as you keep folks in a rage against the "others", I guess it will continue to work.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

God it's so depressing that Mamet fell for such a con.

He's done some terrific work as a writer. A strange perspective can actually help that. 

I don't know why I would embrace him as an intellect any more than I would an actor or director. They're just people with specific talents.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

God it's so depressing that Mamet fell for such a con.

Particularly since he wrote conmen for the stage & screen maybe better than any American writer, ever. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Honestly, I had no idea he was still alive.  Seems like Mamet has been a theatrical icon forever.

Pre-Covid, he was in Austin all the time as his papers/archives were acquired by the Ransom Center.  And he really liked engaging with writers and scholars.  Now he's deeply involved with the founding of University of Austin.  Hope he does't move his archive to there once it has a physical space, be a damn shame considering some of the folks involved with that new school would likely burn it.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Pre-Covid, he was in Austin all the time as his papers/archives were acquired by the Ransom Center.  And he really liked engaging with writers and scholars.  Now he's deeply involved with the founding of University of Austin.  Hope he does't move his archive to there once it has a physical space, be a damn shame considering some of the folks involved with that new school would likely burn it.  

the what now?

University of Austin.  I thought it was a joke until I saw they got Arthur Brooks involved:  https://www.uaustin.org/

There's some joke human beings on there, but there's some people I take real fucking serious.  Not gonna bother rehashing the old thread, but take a look around the site.  Things got quiet after the initial announcements, but starting Autumn 2022, they're gonna start making a lot more noise.  Shit, they pitched George Will on getting involved while he was in Austin late last week.  They're for real.  Not sure that their long-game is, but they're funded and growing.

Walker will win.  Because Warnock is literally everything our country should hope for in a senator: smart, educated, from humble roots, understanding and empathetic, an actual Christian who walks the walk.

And in this timeline, we do NOT deserve that.  We deserve a walking, non-sentient ball of drool and CTE, and that's exactly what we're going to get, and we're going to get it good and hard, with no lube.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

this country is rotting from within. want to win an election? go all in against gays and minorities. that's the only fucking platform you need to run on to win an election. the more vile and intolerant the platform, the better the chance of winning. 

Edited by crash_davis