The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But are the mentally ill gravitating towards Q or does all the Q stuff wreck your brain and cause serious mental illness?

I would insert the whynotboth.gif here but it's a lot more complicated that.

I think the hardcore Q followers are all mentally ill - the one who believe that Oprah and Tom Hanks are drinking fluids from babies, that Joe Biden and Trump switched places, that Trump allowed Biden to take office in order to arrest Biden later on for impersonating the President or whatever the fuck their fever dreams were spewing out.  For whatever reason, where Alex Jones failed, Q succeeded (helped by Trump and his rallies legitimizing them).

But, there are groups/individuals, including people like Trump and various Republican leaders and members of Congress, who are taking the tamer aspects of the Q bullshit, and they are polishing it and presenting it as the truth.  These are the folks who think ballots were stolen/changed/etc.  They don't have to be mentally ill (but it helps!), but they have to be angry and scared and looking to lash out and looking to blame somebody.  These people like Michael Flynn is Q or knows Q, etc.

The people running Q (Watkins father/sun, etc.) or who are pushing it for political or financial gain (such as certain members of Congress) are weird as fuck, but from all accounts are just grifting the hell out of the Q followers.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why?

I was curious as to why my community was filled with christo-fascist lunatics. 

Turns out many of these churches put their shit on YouTube which was convenient.

I’ve also been reading a lot of Max Weber, analyzing Calvinist predestination, prosperity gospel, and dominionism influences in my local religious institutions. I still do not fully understand the death cult of money and power. 

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So Imperial British rule always comes back to flags, amitire?  

"Do you have a self-FLAGgelation?"  

"Well then I declare this country ours."

"You can't do that, we live here!"  

Fine young Indian girl to Chris Columbus: “You better discover your ass away from here.” 

-Flip Wilson

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I didn’t get an apple news update- when is the second coming of Jesus?

You didn’t get the memo?  It was this past weekend… 

13 hours ago, immamac said:

I mean I'm fine doing it all day and setting up a fucking photo op thing with the hashtag. You guys think they dress that way not to be seen?

It's not fucking hard to get pics like this. 

4B2CA3B0-81A6-4189-91C4-30AC603908C8.thumb.jpeg.b42250234117634c0e43290fb289a9db.jpeg

And with him goes the chance that dozens of rape victims at Baylor ever see justice prevail because of how much shit he retained in his head rather than commit to paper/digital.  I hope he's gang-raped in hell every single minute of eternity.  Nevermind what he did to vilify same sex marriages, and everything else beyond the pale.  I hope his wife, Alice Mendell, gets shamed beyond remorse and does the honorable thing with a bottle of pills.  she enabled a lot of this.  I don't know anything about his three children, but they seem like cunts.  The son is here in Texas (works in Dallas).  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

ae1946c7294c7113fa2c36fd4d70b322.jpg
Back to back on my feed. I wonder who sends the days talking points?

This stuff is actually planned out in great detail.

There are lots of analytics people who are are doing polls, watching social media, etc., and they work with various GOP organizations/staffmembers on what current talking points aren't working, what they think will work in the future, and they, in a very coordinated fashion, then circulate the latest and greatest talking points out through social media (using lots of bots), through Fox News, etc. and eventually the politicians push them out on their social media or mention it in talks with journalists.

I'm not kidding when I say they have lists of talking points that won't be mentioned for a few weeks.  I've mentioned that I have a friend at an analytics company (he was not working on this particular aspect), and they watch a lot of social media stuff, etc., and for a while he was sending me stuff that Fox News and Republican politicians would be mentioning a week or two or three before they did.  Like "in two weeks, they will be talking about Biden doing this very specific thing"

McCarthy and Gym are not coming up with this at all - it's just some staffer posting what they were emailed by the data people.

When you see them dip back into the well for things like Hunter's laptop or Hillary or whatever, that means they've had a misfire in their current campaign, or in the next one, and need to fill in the space with something until their next big talking points are ready to be deployed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

I did some consulting work for an Austin company before they pivoted to the dark side. They started doing data farming and feeding Cambridge Analytitica. They went public with their Russian investors and the price spiked at $500 a share for a few data. Now it’s at $1.50. The Russians got everything they wanted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I normally stay off twitter.  And stuff like this is why.  So damn depressing.

Thought I'd have fun searching for memes/humor about the pillow dude since it was the #1 trending topic.  I've hopefully learned my lesson.

180 degrees from reality my friend.  180 degrees.  It's been a hell of a ride.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

See? Not a cult!

Capture+_2022-09-15-07-36-42-1.png

Capture+_2022-09-15-07-36-58-1.png

the dumbest people alive 

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

When you put it that way, all those Grand Junction intimate trucker encounters seem pretty insignificant.

bowling alley hookers have a higher level of thinking 

• Like 1

The question asked of the governor specifically mentioned Plan B. That does not mean that a total contraception ban is not the end goal, but it does mean that Plan B is the next step forward. Y'all knew that already because they like to tell us that everything is a slippery slope when it comes to gun control but not birth control.