The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I see Randy found the dessert bar on the Promenade Deck, and don't be shy about helping yourself to punch 'n cookies Blimp.

"Mr. Fine, you should meet Donald, Goofy, and Pluto."

"Yeah, we already met on C-deck."

"Super, then you'll have lots to talk about.  Huh?  Yeah." 

To be fair to Oklahoma political leaders and parents, a plurality of them couldn't find Oklahoma on an unlabeled map.  And a majority of them have no fucking idea, if you showed them the list, that "lord of the flies" was set on the Isle of Tulsa.  

I got no problem with uneducated people, it's an indictment of our society's priorities.  No issue with the stupid, time was---they knew their place and were mostly hard workin' folks.  But this new breed...we're in serious fucking trouble.

11 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

moe. is a fun band.  Wonder why they are only polling at 4.4%

Chuck Garvey once cooked me dinner.

I wouldn’t have expected a moe. reference in these parts. I considered commenting but figured no one would get the reference to a jam band from upstate New York. Well done.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:11 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Now here is an example of the “uppity” trumpeter. Probably 10% of his base. I don’t think there’s very many of these guys, but this guy actually is educated. He knows trump and his policies are scum, but the guy is so ungodly selfish that he wants the tax cuts while he watches and laughs as the world burns. This kind of Trumper really sucks. He claims that his bag is “ more expensive than anyone else can afford” and hopes the liberals plane crashes as he gets kicked off.

A handful of engineers can be so incredibly "left brained" that the "right brain" aspects, like spelling, or rational thought outside the context of applied math and science, are virtually non-existent.  A true form of idiot savant.

Edited by TwiceHorn

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Saw that this weekend, shared with some buddies.  Love those guys, really want to see them live one day.

I saw them in San Antonio at the 03 Warped Tour.  It was in the parking lot at the amphitheater and was like 120 degrees.  I almost got heat stroke.  That's the story.

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Texas Republicans beginning to fray?

It happened before I was old enough to vote, so I don't remember much of it, but this feels like shades of when the Democrats started switching to the GOP back in the 80s and 90s, like when Rick Perry (who ran Al Gore's Texas campaign) switched, or before him, Phil Gramm, etc.

They aren't doing this stuff unless they have access to polls that are telling them something, because they will be persona non grata amongst the Republican Party of Texas, and if Patrick wins, he will go after them.

@YGIFS or @Brisketexan maybe able to talk about that a little more, but this is really crazy that you are getting some high-profile Republicans turning on Dan Patrick (especially when it's Abbott that has been the face of the GOP in Texas).

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It happened before I was old enough to vote, so I don't remember much of it, but this feels like shades of when the Democrats started switching to the GOP back in the 80s and 90s, like when Rick Perry (who ran Al Gore's Texas campaign) switched, or before him, Phil Gramm, etc.

They aren't doing this stuff unless they have access to polls that are telling them something, because they will be persona non grata amongst the Republican Party of Texas, and if Patrick wins, he will go after them.

@YGIFS or @Brisketexan maybe able to talk about that a little more, but this is really crazy that you are getting some high-profile Republicans turning on Dan Patrick (especially when it's Abbott that has been the face of the GOP in Texas).

Edited by YGIFS
can't edit. Fuck this. Don't drag me into this shit. those peoplesold me out
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Sorry, it's just interesting that we have multiple high-profile Republicans ending their political careers with the GOP.  Obviously some just flat out hate him, but I feel like they are seeing something internally that is nudging them this way in 2022, because they all seem to have hated him in 2018 as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, there were nuclear documents seized... it wasn't our country's that we know of.  It is still utterly fucking INSANE to keep these documents at a fucking country club.  There were other documents so secret only like 10 people in the world are authorized to look at them. 

As reported by the Washington Post:

The FBI recovered a document describing a foreign government’s nuclear capabilities during its search of Mar-a-Lago, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.  Among the records recovered by the FBI were documents detailing top-secret US operations that require special clearances “on a need-to-know basis”, beyond a top-secret clearance, according to the Post report. Some of the Biden administration’s most senior national security officials were not authorized to review some of the documents because they are so restricted, the Post said.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:48 PM, trauma babe said:

Any dude here who claims they wouldn't have sex with Elle King if she approached them is a fucking liar.

Would, and hopefully she's a power domme.

"Music is a lot like girlfriends to me, I'm continually astonished at the choices other people make."  - David Lee Roth

On 8/31/2022 at 2:01 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

She’s fat, unattractive, and covered in tattoos. That’s a hard pass. Ymmv. I’d never heard of her until today.

And that coming from someone from Ohio really says something, if even he/him (she/her) isn't finding her attractive... let that sink in.  

Edited by FartingDreamer

Replies are...not heartening.
I don't always read Twitter replies,
but when I do, I hate this fucking planet.

Seriously, so much emboldened stupidity. I had my first insight into this in 8th grade when a kid from the remedial English class left his ELA folder in my locker by mistake. His Prose on critiquing Jack Pardee and my Houston Oilers, was eye opening. Just unbelievable. Dude could barely write or spell but had all the answers that a professional (I know its an oxymoron for Houston sports teams) football team couldn't solve. But ol buddy the tackling dummy for the B team in Football had answers. Hubris of Ignorance.

I've seen the lights go out on Rodeo Drive
I saw the Watts Tower laid low.
And life went on beyond the Palisades,
They all bought Teslas
And left there long ago.

We held a concert out in Long Beach
To watch the palm trees blow.
They turned our power down,
And drove us underground-
But we went right on with the show...