Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Interesting thread

Whole thread is worth a read, but basically Putin saw Ukraine as a breakaway area, went heavy on riot control-style troops who were not trained or equipped for major fighting, leaving their convoys/supply lines unguarded because they expected Ukraine to cave.

Maybe. That's way too simplistic for me. When you read other analysts you can tell there are major malfunctions with how the Russian army operates in terms of their communications and coordination. I do not believe Russia sent in those paratroopers to those airfields expecting Ukraine to just surrender them. 

Yes, Putin/Russia didn't expect the kind of resistance they've received, but it's also been a testament to systemic issues with their training and manpower strategies.

A huge reason for the invasion is the greater capability of Ukraine's army. 

Not to mention, they don't have the command structure to easily change strategy. I'm assuming that's because no one wants to question orders from the person above them, all the way to the top.

It's not like the paratroopers are the only forces being destroyed in Ukraine. 

Not a big fan of Kamil Galeev's thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes but we haven’t tried hard enough to negotiate with Putin and sanctions will most certainly get him killed by his own people, right? Certainly if we yell stop he will do it right? And we can yell stop again if he doesn’t. While Ukraine burns to the ground…smdh 

Yea this isn’t a Tom Clancy novel. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rpspeed said:

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense.  Putin is in a hardened facility in the Urals, surrounded by absolute loyalists.  If the Russians want to end this a little easier, why no just cut off all communication from Putin and just let him stew in his facility.  This would assume nuclear release requires 2 step authorization and no one else with Putin has authorization.  Once he's cut off, a potentially bloodless coup could happen.

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Putin is just doing this because he can’t stand seeing UT have a chance to possibly beat Bama at home as payback for Colt and the MNC. Bastard that he is.

So you’re saying he was involved in the hiring of Steve Sarkisian?

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense.  Putin is in a hardened facility in the Urals, surrounded by absolute loyalists.  If the Russians want to end this a little easier, why no just cut off all communication from Putin and just let him stew in his facility.  This would assume nuclear release requires 2 step authorization and no one else with Putin has authorization.  Once he's cut off, a potentially bloodless coup could happen.

Not sure how you cut off a facility like you're talking about, but I can only imagine some stupendous buried Soviet bunker built over the last 70 years that would make a Bond villain blush. I've got to think it likely has its own redundant power supply/communications and is buried a mile underground with all sorts of food storage and shit.