Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Unpopular take ahead:

Not that I am siding with Russia on this, but won't it be difficult for the Ukes, or anyone, to prove "War Crimes" related to destroying residential building? Obviously anything pertaining to illegal weapons and targeting obvious civilians is a different story.

The main Ukrainian government twitter and social media are continually reporting on how their civilian citizenry is taking up arms against the Russians. If a Russian soldier pulls onto a street and there is gunfire coming from every widow of every apartment building and they fire back or call in some heavy gunfire to that location, that doesn't seem to be committing any War Crimes as much as just fighting a war.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Unpopular take ahead:

Not that I am siding with Russia on this, but won't it be difficult for the Ukes, or anyone, to prove "War Crimes" related to destroying residential building? Obviously anything pertaining to illegal weapons and targeting obvious civilians is a different story.

The main Ukrainian government twitter and social media are continually reporting on how their civilian citizenry is taking up arms against the Russians. If a Russian soldier pulls onto a street and there is gunfire coming from every widow of every apartment building and they fire back or call in some heavy gunfire to that location, that doesn't seem to be committing any War Crimes as much as just fighting a war.

Rule three:

Members of the armed forces and security forces of a country in conflict, members of militias, voluntary corps and resistance groups in a country in conflict, civilians who spontaneously take up arms during mass uprising are generally considered to be combatants.

*still you can’t mow down civilians to get the combatants. Just as our military who served hunting Isis about that. 
There will be an investigation to find out what happens and gather physical proof to bring in Internatiol Court against Russian leaders.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 2

Unpopular take ahead:

I've been thinking this the whole time...  Fallujah and whatnot.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Most of these buildings are being hit with MRLS or even cruise missiles from miles away and there are no Russian soldiers anywhere near the buildings.  We’ve barely seen any house to house or urban combat. These are war crimes. 

And The Hague rarely goes after soldiers, instead they want the leadership. 

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Unpopular take ahead:

There's video of their soldiers committing war crimes. There's probably written orders or intercepted electronic orders carried by RU soldiers into the field. There's russian clusterbombs. There's verified attacks on journalists. There's russian missiles, whose trajectory can be traced, in demolished UKR civilian buildings...

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Japan invades Russia is NOT on my Bingo card.

Me neither. But certain Russian provinces that would prefer to be independent from Moscow declaring independence after seeing the vulnerability of the Russian military is on mine. Hopefully more velvet revolutions or whatever they'll be called are on the way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Chopper said:

There's video of their soldiers committing war crimes. There's probably written orders or intercepted electronic orders carried by RU soldiers into the field. There's russian clusterbombs. There's verified attacks on journalists. There's russian missiles, whose trajectory can be traced, in demolished UKR civilian buildings...

Which is precisely why I add the caveat that I was only talking about the attacks on civilian buildings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Japan invades Russia is NOT on my Bingo card.

Be a major power move or at least put them more on the world stage to threaten. With all the weak ads shit coming from China. And fuck the Chinese government. They can get bent over and have a Molotov cocktail shoved up their ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Which is precisely why I add the caveat that I was only talking about the attacks on civilian buildings. 

They aren’t fighting like we did in Fallujah or anywhere.  They pull up at any bit of resistance, park, and indiscriminately bombard. Russians are not going house to house and calling in for support. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So hard to tell what’s going on, but if WaPo is reporting this then it’s government leaking that out for whatever effect. 

I don’t know anyone who thinks the Ukrainians are winning or that the situation is anything but dire, long term. Lots of us think that the Russians aren’t on schedule, are taking more hits than they thought they would, and that’s about as much as Ukraine can hope for. 

Also, this planning had leaked before the war even started. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Be a major power move or at least put them more on the world stage to threaten. With all the weak ads shit coming from China. And fuck the Chinese government. They can get bent over and have a Molotov cocktail shoved up their ass. 

You forgot you need to light it first. Lulz.

31 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Unpopular take ahead:

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be that hard to prove

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....fucking this.  You'd be an idiot NOT to plan for that contingency.

Failing to plan for alternate scenarios/contingencies is what got Russia in the pickle it's in.  Repeating that mistake would be galactically stupid.

Also, y'all notice how GRUhorn is always there to sow doubts, to bolster the Russian line?  I do.  Pay attention.  It's important to see and acknowledge what you're seeing.

I try to cut through to what’s actually happening. Through all the rah rah bs. The other link I shared today was a nuts and bolts intelligence assessment  that included how Ukraine could better defend power plants etc. You see what you want to see Brisket. 

The fact that that story is in WaPo states way more about the state of affairs in Ukraine than all the battlefield tweets of questionable veracity. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be that hard to prove

Yeah.  The deliberate targeting of civilian infrastructure is already proven.

Russian leadership will never be allowed outside Russia's borders* again.

* Except to visit the handful of "friendly" states left for them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Anyone seeing indications from any outlets about more Russian troops heading to Ukraine?  Reconcile this with the statements that the vast majority are already committed - are they all out of quarters?

Chechens
the Belarus ones that didn't disobey orders
Kazahks (under the table?)
Syrians (paid $200-300 total for 6 months of it, if that's to be believed)
Plus I read somewhere they did a new round of conscripts in ruskie-land. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, tokamak said:

...why not?

I think it's already been conclusively answered but from a quick dig, it appears the dude is a neocon desperately in search of an edgy take and he latched on to one small sentence and blew it up out of proportion.

edit to add, fighting in urban areas will be advantageous to Ukrainians.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

Russia has already lost. It’s just a matter of how much deeper they want to dig the hole.

Already their demands have been significantly reduced. They’re sending WWI armored trains to try to resupply their demoralized, unmotivated, and hopelessly lost invasion force. They just need to give up.

• Hook 'Em 4

Ouch, as somebody who LOVES games, this would hurt:

https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-and-ubisoft-suspend-sales-in-russia-over-ukrainian-invasion/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com

Take-Two and Ubisoft suspend sales in Russia over Ukrainian invasion
By Andy Chalk published about 1 hour ago

The publishers join Electronic Arts, Activision-Blizzard, CD Projekt, and others in speaking out against Russian aggression.

Take-Two Interactive and Ubisoft have announced that they are halting sales of their games and services in Russia as a result of its invasion of Ukraine.

"We have watched recent events unfold in Ukraine with concern and sadness," Take-Two Interactive vice president of corporate communications Alan Lewis said in an email sent to PC Gamer. "After significant consideration, last week, we decided to stop new sales, installations, and marketing support across all our labels in Russia and Belarus at this time."

Ubisoft confirmed its policy change in a one-line update to last week's blog post on the state of Ukraine and its employees in the country: "In light of the ongoing tragedy in Ukraine, we have decided to suspend our sales in Russia."

The publishers are the latest game companies to suspend business in Russia because of the invasion, following CD Projekt, Electronic Arts, Activision Blizzard, and Epic Games. Microsoft has also stopped "all new sales" of its products and services in the country, as well as "many aspects of our business in Russia in compliance with governmental sanctions decisions."

Non-gaming companies including Airbnb, Spotify, Volkswagen, Oracle, Netflix, Nike, Boeing, Netflix, PayPal, and many others have also stopped sales or manufacturing in Russia, while international economic sanctions have cratered the value of the country's currency, inflicting significant pressure on Russia's leaders but also causing hardships for much of its population.

Andy Chalk

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

15CFF5F0-BDEE-420F-8852-BE1DD65C75AD.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

I mean if the Ukrainians beat the shit out of them so bad and then invade Russia because of the same claims they made of Ukraine and then Russians actually laid down and let them capture that would be so chefs kiss. Would be nice to have Ukrainian government running Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I think it's already been conclusively answered but from a quick dig, it appears the dude is a neocon desperately in search of an edgy take and he latched on to one small sentence and blew it up out of proportion.

edit to add, fighting in urban areas will be advantageous to Ukrainians.

the 999 APCs makes me smile for some reason.  Just that they typed 999

4 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Russia has already lost. It’s just a matter of how much deeper they want to dig the hole.

Already their demands have been significantly reduced. They’re sending WWI armored trains to try to resupply their demoralized, unmotivated, and hopelessly lost invasion force. They just need to give up.

I'm actually getting a little hopeful -- albeit just a glimmer -- that we're closer to a resolution than we think. Word is that Putin is still talking to Macron, there's been a third round of talks with the Ukrainians, and Israel went to Moscow.

I think those are positive signs amid this shit sandwich.

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Ouch, as somebody who LOVES games, this would hurt:

https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-and-ubisoft-suspend-sales-in-russia-over-ukrainian-invasion/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com

Take-Two and Ubisoft suspend sales in Russia over Ukrainian invasion
By Andy Chalk published about 1 hour ago

The publishers join Electronic Arts, Activision-Blizzard, CD Projekt, and others in speaking out against Russian aggression.

Take-Two Interactive and Ubisoft have announced that they are halting sales of their games and services in Russia as a result of its invasion of Ukraine.

"We have watched recent events unfold in Ukraine with concern and sadness," Take-Two Interactive vice president of corporate communications Alan Lewis said in an email sent to PC Gamer. "After significant consideration, last week, we decided to stop new sales, installations, and marketing support across all our labels in Russia and Belarus at this time."

Ubisoft confirmed its policy change in a one-line update to last week's blog post on the state of Ukraine and its employees in the country: "In light of the ongoing tragedy in Ukraine, we have decided to suspend our sales in Russia."

The publishers are the latest game companies to suspend business in Russia because of the invasion, following CD Projekt, Electronic Arts, Activision Blizzard, and Epic Games. Microsoft has also stopped "all new sales" of its products and services in the country, as well as "many aspects of our business in Russia in compliance with governmental sanctions decisions."

Non-gaming companies including Airbnb, Spotify, Volkswagen, Oracle, Netflix, Nike, Boeing, Netflix, PayPal, and many others have also stopped sales or manufacturing in Russia, while international economic sanctions have cratered the value of the country's currency, inflicting significant pressure on Russia's leaders but also causing hardships for much of its population.

Andy Chalk

This reads like and effort mobilize Russia's gamers to get them out of Babuska's basement and on the street protesting.

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Anyone seeing indications from any outlets about more Russian troops heading to Ukraine?  Reconcile this with the statements that the vast majority are already committed - are they all out of quarters?

I think they mean almost 100% of the resources that were on the border when the shootin started.  

the "more troops" is bringing in the the reserves who weren't deployed yet, IMO 

• Hook 'Em 2