Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

20 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Fuck no.  Not then and not now would our strategy to fight tanks have been to ferry troops quickly into the battlefield to fight armored columns.  If you want an example of a fight of the Fulda Gap look at the battle during  the Gulf war.  Iraqi doctrine was based off Soviet Doctrine. Meet the other army in the open battle fields.  Before the M1s could even show up Apaches and A-10s made short work of the entire Iraqi tank column.  Mobile infantry would have gotten slaughtered.  

I’m a little surprised everyone keeps talking about A-10s. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention the Apaches. They can be pretty devastating against infantry as well, but armored vehicles are their bread and butter. Their biggest weakness is they’re so expensive AO commanders don’t want to deploy them for fear of losing one. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Russia mouthpieces now saying stuff about their civilian aircraft. They are fucking despicable anyway and obviously desperate because pretty much the whole world is united against them BUT hopefully they wouldn’t shoot down their own civilian aircraft. I mean the amount of shit they are spewing is just ridiculous. 

Oh and NATO and other nations are not going to stop helping Ukraine. I was reading it is possible for the UN as a collective body to possibly protect Ukraine’s skies but I doubt that happens…but with what Russia is doing right now all options are on the fucking table.

UN won’t be able to do anything. Russia has a permanent Security Council veto. Just like the US does. I guess if they walked out of a meeting in protest like what they did in Korea, but I feel confident that’s the kind of massive mistake that’s only ever done once. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m a little surprised everyone keeps talking about A-10s. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention the Apaches. They can be pretty devastating against infantry as well, but armored vehicles are their bread and butter. Their biggest weakness is they’re so expensive AO commanders don’t want to deploy them for fear of losing one. 

Yep. The new ones are incredible and the operators are the best flying in the Army. Those things can devastate anything from 15 miles away.

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yep. The new ones are incredible and the operators are the best flying in the Army. Those things can devastate anything from 15 miles away.

Yeah.  The train nap of earth extensively.  Iraqi armor described them as ghosts from the ground.  The rose up from the horizon and unleashed hell.

So one thing I’m surprised about, but maybe it’s for the next phase of the war, but why isn’t Ukraine jamming GLONASS?   My guess is since they still have functional aircraft drones, but I would think in areas where they have lost a lot of ground it would be worth saturating with cheap jammers to fuck up the visiting team even more. Once Ukraine loses all their air power, I would think we could flood Ukraine with jammers to give the home team an even bigger advantage. 

16 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

UN won’t be able to do anything. Russia has a permanent Security Council veto. Just like the US does. I guess if they walked out of a meeting in protest like what they did in Korea, but I feel confident that’s the kind of massive mistake that’s only ever done once. 

Yep.  Not happening.  Even if Russia walks out. China vetoes.  Even China abstains.  That leaves France, UK, US.  3 NATO countries.  They abstain and non NATO countries say we will do it.  Who is providing the planes.  Who is providing the bases?  Who is allowing air space.

13 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So one thing I’m surprised about, but maybe it’s for the next phase of the war, but why isn’t Ukraine jamming GLONASS?   My guess is since they still have functional aircraft drones, but I would think in areas where they have lost a lot of ground it would be worth saturating with cheap jammers to fuck up the visiting team even more. Once Ukraine loses all their air power, I would think we could flood Ukraine with jammers to give the home team an even bigger advantage. 

RU using unsecured coms and they are listening in?

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

RU using unsecured coms and they are listening in?

Yes, but GLONASS is Russian GPS. My guess is a lot of their gear, especially those Turkish drones, are probably running on GLONASS as well.  I get not blanketing the rea with jamming for now, but once you’ve lost air power you might as well rely on your local knowledge and force them into trying to navigate with paper maps under fire. 

I love me some pickle jar anti-air defenses and tank v tractor pulls, but I think something is going to change soon.  Russia is stuck in a Groundhog Day loop of embarrassing non-progress while getting destroyed financially.  Maybe I’m wrong, but this trajectory seems wholly unsustainable for Russia, so I think someone is going to wind up doing something drastic.

Here’s to it being a bullet in Putin’s head.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Hopefully this will be a death knell for Deutsche Bank. Motherfuckers.

Too many powerful people use it for their shit.

Who they going to use instead? The Vatican? Malta? The Swiss? Those places are expensive as shit and make you pay a substantial rate for holding your illegal money. Deutsche Bank may be evil, but they are at least modern and act like a business instead of a Mafia boss.

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Too many powerful people use it for their shit.

Who they going to use instead? The Vatican? Malta? The Swiss? Those places are expensive as shit and make you pay a substantial rate for holding your illegal money. Deutsche Bank may be evil, but they are at least modern and act like a business instead of a Mafia boss.

I still wonder how much will be seized from them regarding the oligarchs and if it will have any real effect on their liquidity.  Probably negligible, but one can dream.  

Last paragraph google-translated:

"Jeans products "Bolshevichki" has already passed the mandatory certification. Roskachestvo experts noted that domestic jeans are superior to Western counterparts in all respects."

Yeah, right! Back to the old Bolshevik LIES that ALL things were invented in ruskie-land and that thus they are "superior to all things." 
Geez, I thought I had heard the last of this shit from these lying commie sacks of shit 30 years ago!  Lulz.

Pretty sure Gildan tshirts are Soviet designed.

6a1f8f34d7d1a5f1c4d141ad006ffd65.jpg
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Yeah, they have pretty long memories and Korea was one of their biggest fuckups.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

NSIAP.  What does desperation look like?  It looks like this

I don't think conscripting more people right now will help them in Ukraine.

This feels more like trying to backfill enormous losses in Ukraine going forward - there is a real possibility this is leaving them pretty vulnerable in other areas (Belarus, Georgia, etc.).

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't think conscripting more people right now will help them in Ukraine.

This feels more like trying to backfill enormous losses in Ukraine going forward - there is a real possibility this is leaving them pretty vulnerable in other areas (Belarus, Georgia, etc.).

It's pretty clear that they have taken shocking levels of casualties, so I wouldn't be surprised that they need more conscripts to fill as the pull infantry from other bases and what not.  I got a feeling that in the next few days, given the weather, they are going to take heavy losses to exposure, perhaps worse than what they have taken in combat, which is staggering.  

Reports (and I have no way of verifying them) that DJI is fucking around.  And they are fully Chinese-owned/controlled, and they do have GPS.  Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Information for DJI owners to stay safe and not reveal their locations:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5293125594071761&id=100001231196056

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I love me some pickle jar anti-air defenses and tank v tractor pulls, but I think something is going to change soon.  Russia is stuck in a Groundhog Day loop of embarrassing non-progress while getting destroyed financially.  Maybe I’m wrong, but this trajectory seems wholly unsustainable for Russia, so I think someone is going to wind up doing something drastic.

Here’s to it being a bullet in Putin’s head.

I know it looks like Russia is getting their ass kicked but they are still advancing, using increasingly terrorist tactics, and ramping up their information war. It doesn’t look good for Putin long term, but one thing I’ve learned over the past eight years is it is a mistake underestimate him. This motherfucker has been winning with a weak hand his entire life.  Sadly the worst is almost certainly yet to come. Hopefully he drops dead soon, like tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reports (and I have no way of verifying them) that DJI is fucking around.  And they are fully Chinese-owned/controlled, and they do have GPS.  Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Information for DJI owners to stay safe and not reveal their locations:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5293125594071761&id=100001231196056

As the owner of 2 DJI drones, this hits close to home.  Also, fuck DJI for allegedly crippling their product, but only for Ukrainian pilots.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know it looks like Russia is getting their ass kicked but they are still advancing, using increasingly terrorist tactics, and ramping up their information war. It doesn’t look good for Putin long term, but one thing I’ve learned over the past eight years is it is a mistake underestimate him. This motherfucker has been winning with a weak hand his entire life.  Sadly the worst is almost certainly yet to come. Hopefully he drops dead soon, like tomorrow. 

Yep, it’s not at all a given the drastic action is will be in favor of the good guys.  The person most in need of a dramatic shift of events is Putin.

• Hook 'Em 1

It is known the only way to end this is to sanction China too. The playbook was discussed before this started. China only cares about money. If we want to regulate, we have to suffer. As it stands, we hate suffering as Ukrainians babies die. Germany CAN'T suffer because they have no forethought on energy policy. It is a wild world. China will only get in line if their cash cow forces them to but it will be painful as hell. There is a reason we wont.

Edited by HOOKEM4

So I was wondering about this earlier: we’ve seen reports of dock workers refusing to unload Russian cargo, bars pouring out Russian vodka, etc. Isn’t that stuff already paid for? Wouldn’t it be better to take delivery, sell it all, and send the proceeds to Ukraine relief efforts?

• Hook 'Em 2