Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

He's marshaling a decent portion of the most powerful nation on Earth to advocate him while he deploys low-yield tactical warheads on multiple sites in Ukraine.  The war isn't between Us & Them.  Fucking fuck people.  WWIII isn't between Russia and America.  It's impossible some of y'all are this fucking stupid.  This is an internal precursor.  I'm confident that I win, I just didn't realize how many of you dumb fucking cunts thought you'd be on the right side of history.  HOW THE FUCK do y'all not see the next step?!!?!?!

1 hour ago, Zhorn96 said:

Aren’t they mostly Orthodox?  I genuinely don’t know but thought most of that part of the world preferred the Eastern church

There are quite a few churches up here who call themselves "Ukrainian Catholic," and most members are Ukrainian immigrants or descendants.  My googling says they're aligned with the Roman Catholics and totally not Orthodox.  But yeah.  One should research that before sending money.  Don't your donation paying the mortgage at some oligarch's lake house.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

He's marshaling a decent portion of the most powerful nation on Earth to advocate him while he deploys low-yield tactical warheads on multiple sites in Ukraine.  The war isn't between Us & Them.  Fucking fuck people.  WWIII isn't between Russia and America.  It's impossible some of y'all are this fucking stupid.  This is an internal precursor.  I'm confident that I win, I just didn't realize how many of you dumb fucking cunts thought you'd be on the right side of history.  HOW THE FUCK do y'all not see the next step?!!?!?!

Okay.....so even I didn't follow that.  And I had two mescaline tacos for breakfast.

One on flour, one on corn, if you must know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Starting St Patrick's day early huhSt Patricks Day Irish GIF by Guinness US

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

There are quite a few churches up here who call themselves "Ukrainian Catholic," and most members are Ukrainian immigrants or descendants.  My googling says they're aligned with the Roman Catholics and totally not Orthodox.  But yeah.  One should research that before sending money.  Don't your donation paying the mortgage at some oligarch's lake house.

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

You can say that again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Please tell me that you went on a bender with Nicole.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, your breakfast regiment got weird since we last met.  No judgement.  

Almost full Congressional accolade for Ukraine.  Ukraine president asks us for assistance in front of the world.  Anything that we now provide is now under complete and obvious scrutiny.  Putin wasn't infiltrating our nation to tilt a few elections.  He's been grooming the stupid here for something altogether different.  Phase II begins in April and everything we know...will be at an end.  The stupid fucks among us thought it was about "teams"...but it wasn't.  They'll be weaponized to turn on their own country.  It was an elegant play.  Has nothing to do with a few armored divisions taking heavy losses in a country nobody knew about 3 months ago.  What a stupid fuck populace we turned out to be.  We're playing right into his hands.  At least Marco Rubio tried to warn us. 

Oh, like you can't get mescaline tacos at the Waffle House?  I noticed you didn't look at the OTHER side of the menu when we were there -- that's your mistake.

And......I still ain't following.  The 5-legged zebra wearing a party hat standing next to me doesn't follow, either.  And it looks like he's getting cranky about it.  We don't know what Phase II is.....but my pal here hopes it involves hot and loose lady zebras.

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, your breakfast regiment got weird since we last met.  No judgement.  

Almost full Congressional accolade for Ukraine.  Ukraine president asks us for assistance in front of the world.  Anything that we now provide is now under complete and obvious scrutiny.  Putin wasn't infiltrating our nation to tilt a few elections.  He's been grooming the stupid here for something altogether different.  Phase II begins in April and everything we know...will be at an end.  The stupid fucks among us thought it was about "teams"...but it wasn't.  They'll be weaponized to turn on their own country.  It was an elegant play.  Has nothing to do with a few armored divisions taking heavy losses in a country nobody knew about 3 months ago.  What a stupid fuck populace we turned out to be.  We're playing right into his hands.  At least Marco Rubio tried to warn us. 

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

meth-smoking.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, Incredulity said:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Fair point.  Watch the tilt.  It'll start "trending" conveniently in the next few days.  The 90% of the United States supporting Ukraine and opposing Russia will fall to 65% by Palm Sunday.  I didn't see it at first.  I saw a conventional land war.  I forgot about the ability to weaponize the stupid, just in America.  I can't even imagine the play in Europe/Asia.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

These three things taken together makes me glad I don't live in any major urban areas. Might decide to take off work early, though...

I live 40 miles NW of the Port of Houston/a shit ton of chemical plants and 30 miles from downtown Houston.   If this area is on the list, I hope the Russian drop one of those big ones that vaporizes everything within 50 miles of it's target.   I don't think I want to live through the aftermath of something smaller.

8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I live 40 miles NW of the Port of Houston/a shit ton of chemical plants and 30 miles from downtown Houston.   If this area is on the list, I hope the Russian drop one of those big ones that vaporizes everything within 50 miles of it's target.   I don't think I want to live through the aftermath of something smaller.

What do you mean, “if”? 
lol

Edited by Armybrat

19 minutes ago, Parliament said:

There are three similar but seriously different Ukrainian churches one might come across. 

1. Ukrainian Catholic/Ukrainian Greek Catholic/Eastern Rite Catholic:  These are mostly Western Ukrainian churches with outposts in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania.  Orthodox churches will use the disparaging term “Uniate” after the “Union of Brest-Litovsk” which was an attempt to bring Ukrainian and Ruthenian Orthodox Churches back into the Catholic fold. They maintain the eastern rite and liturgy and married priesthood but are in full communion with the Holy See.

2. Orthodox Church of Ukraine: This is an Orthodox Church accepted as canonically autocephalous by the Patriarch of Constantinople and later by Antioch and Greece.  They are not recognized by Russia (of course) and most of the rest of the Orthodox world.  This is an internal Eastern Orthodox fight. 

3. Ukrainian Orthodox Church: This is the group that the Orthodox Church of Ukraine split from in 2018.  They are subordinate to the Moscow Patriarch and were seen by many (rightfully) as entirely compromised. 

There are no theological disputes between the two Orthodox churches. It’s all canon law and politics. The general Orthodox position is that the split was not legal or canonical but understandable politically.  The Ukrainian Catholic Churches are strongest in the West of the country and almost absent in the center and east, while the Orthodox of one or other variety are present nationwide. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm 40 miles South of Ft Hood. I'll probably pour a bourbon, light a spliff, and go sit on the front porch and try to enjoy the light show for a few minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

This combined with the shelling near Odessa may indicate that the Dollar Tree DDay is coming.

We know where those ships/assets are.   And, hence, so do the Ukrainians.   

And yes, "if" Houston is on list is really a silly question.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would be wary of any charity for Ukraine that recently spun up due to this war. Even if their heart is in the right place, they could be inefficient with providing aid to Ukraine.

So are you saying the HUWNR I donated to might be fake?

Hot Ukrainian Women Needing a Room. I am pretty sure it is on the up and up. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

His psycho rant about cleansing the fifth column was telling. He's lost his marbles. I don't think there's a way out for him Except China, and they seem to be baiting him pretty hard. 

Would you say the Chinese are masters at the baiting?

Maybe it’s an ancient Chinese secret…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There are three similar but seriously different Ukrainian churches one might come across. 

1. Ukrainian Catholic/Ukrainian Greek Catholic/Eastern Rite Catholic:  These are mostly Western Ukrainian churches with outposts in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania.  Orthodox churches will use the disparaging term “Uniate” after the “Union of Brest-Litovsk” which was an attempt to bring Ukrainian and Ruthenian Orthodox Churches back into the Catholic fold. They maintain the eastern rite and liturgy and married priesthood but are in full communion with the Holy See.

2. Orthodox Church of Ukraine: This is an Orthodox Church accepted as canonically autocephalous by the Patriarch of Constantinople and later by Antioch and Greece.  They are not recognized by Russia (of course) and most of the rest of the Orthodox world.  This is an internal Eastern Orthodox fight. 

3. Ukrainian Orthodox Church: This is the group that the Orthodox Church of Ukraine split from in 2018.  They are subordinate to the Moscow Patriarch and were seen by many (rightfully) as entirely compromised. 

There are no theological disputes between the two Orthodox churches. It’s all canon law and politics. The general Orthodox position is that the split was not legal or canonical but understandable politically.  The Ukrainian Catholic Churches are strongest in the West of the country and almost absent in the center and east, while the Orthodox of one or other variety are present nationwide. 

Thank you for that.  Would a donation to one of those churches be good?

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Down thread someone posted a link to flightaware that showed that’s a regular occurrence. For what reason, who knows.

Practice run?   Bringing Putin his favorite flavor of gummy bears?    Dropping off copies of Russian Bears*?   

* And yeah, I don't mean the 4 legged kind of bear.