Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Really can’t recommend this interview about the roots and ongoing reasons for India’s reliance on Russia.  This is a big one that I expect to change—slowly— as a result of inefficiencies and sanctions and domestic demand associated with Russia’s defense industry. 

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/06/15/more-sentimental-than-pragmatic

Is there an interview you can recommend? j/k

Coming back across the pond yesterday I got halfway through "Imperium". Many thanks to you smart guys for the recommendation.

I often have some support-for-Ukraine item on my person...shirt, ballcap, wristband, etc. Was wondering if I would get any flak from a traveling Orc...but nah. However, 30 minutes after landing at Heathrow our shuttle driver said he liked my hat and told me he was Ukrainian.

I was a little surprised at the lack of Ukraine-supporting paraphernalia. Last year at the same time, when in Munich, there was a protest parade, and many signs. Saw nothing this year. The curbing at Le Mans was blue and yellow, so I just kept telling myself that was a sign of solidarity.

P.S. The Eurofighter flyovers were amazing. Afterburner over the grid. A couple little boys starting crying and clutching their father's leg. I can't imagine getting away with that spectacle in the states. Made us decide to go see an airshow next!

Edited by Walser
clarity
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We wouldn’t even need the three-branch military to repel their attempt (even though we have some rather kickass resources nearby).
Between the heavily armed and, ummm, mentally “different” denizens of Alaska (who are ornery and don’t take kindly to meddlers), the crews of all the Coast Guard assets in the area, and @mooseoutfront wildly swinging his shit stick, there would be Russian corpses in the Bering Strait for miles.
I wish a muthafucka would.

Got a few friends in Alaska. I would not fuck with them. And that is before the boys from rural Canada show up. 

Hell, I would love to see them try and come up from Mexico. Would be a Texan with a nice hunting rifle for miles waiting for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Really can’t recommend this interview about the roots and ongoing reasons for India’s reliance on Russia.  This is a big one that I expect to change—slowly— as a result of inefficiencies and sanctions and domestic demand associated with Russia’s defense industry. 

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/06/15/more-sentimental-than-pragmatic

We need to reel them more into our orbit and accentuate the China rift.     

Promise them all the best military goodies to fix the shit-Russian kit and no spare parts problem. On lay-away. 

U.S. - “Trust in me…just in me…”

00739778-6D78-4D49-804A-2D965E64B2BF.gif.2d42a206bde22a7ba362b2b5f12b6221.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

We need to reel them more into our orbit and accentuate the China rift.     

Promise them all the best military goodies to fix the shit-Russian kit and no spare parts problem. On lay-away. 

U.S. - “Trust in me…just in me…”

00739778-6D78-4D49-804A-2D965E64B2BF.gif.2d42a206bde22a7ba362b2b5f12b6221.gif

Modi is going to be a problem. Rahul Gandhi was just in the United States doing a tour trying to galvanize the Indian diaspora over here against him. 

There are several countries where it would be beneficial if the opposition was in power. Turkiye. India. Poland. But they're too important to keep in our orbit regardless. Then there are countries that are a problem that would be even worse with someone else in power. Like Saudi Arabia or the UAE. 

Huh. Human interactions on an international scale are complicated. Who woulda figured?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well…they killed a bunch of Dutch citizens. I’d just suggest that the repercussions are delayed. The Netherlands likely very much wanted to promptly launch retaliatory strikes with F-18s. Now, not many years later…the Dutch are at the front of the pack training Ukrainians to…use F-16s and F-18s (from Australia) to kill Russians.
Don’t fuck with the Dutch. They remember.

Idk How To Tag This Clash Of Clans GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Got a few friends in Alaska. I would not fuck with them. And that is before the boys from rural Canada show up. 

Hell, I would love to see them try and come up from Mexico. Would be a Texan with a nice hunting rifle for miles waiting for them. 

Imagine every fucking deer stand had someone in it. Or maybe not. 200k *drunk* snipers everywhere.

Edited by HOOKEM4
Ou sux
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Not an exciting video but a good thread for why this was a likely significant hit.

182,000 tungsten balls of shrapnel sounds like a barrel of laughs to be on the receiving end of.  The folks that instantly died from the blast were the lucky ones.  

• Hook 'Em 4

The photos of the show trial of #Azovstal's defenders in #Rostov are nothing but disgusting. Glossy prosecutors and dressed-up jurors with brilliant smiles "judge" boys and girls who look like skeletons after a concentration camp and torture. Such abuse of combatants is an official war crime that has to be properly assessed by the #ICC. And yes, tell me, does anyone see any representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross in the hall?

• Rage+1 4

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We wouldn’t even need the three-branch military to repel their attempt (even though we have some rather kickass resources nearby).
Between the heavily armed and, ummm, mentally “different” denizens of Alaska (who are ornery and don’t take kindly to meddlers), the crews of all the Coast Guard assets in the area, and @mooseoutfront wildly swinging his shit stick, there would be Russian corpses in the Bering Strait for miles.
I wish a muthafucka would.

Molon Labe

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That would not be fun. Eesh.

Yeah, and that's a 16k shot, not the 182k shot.  It's fragmentation anti personnel weaponry, so in lieu of a powerful warhead you have the tungsten steel with essentially a small shape charge and with an altimeter detonator.  The vehicles in the area "survived" in the sense that the frames exist, otherwise not so much.  Just brutal shit, but the Ukrainians used it extremely well, and the Russians are fucking stupid for gathering like that.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/14/2023 at 5:13 PM, bolverk said:

So, I've seen some idle speculation about the eventual possibility that Ukraine could cross the dried-up lake into Russian-occupied territory when the dam was destroyed but didn't give it too much thought since it'd likely be a muddy mess for a while.

What if my assumption is wrong though? Give it another week or so? How farfetched would that notion be? 

It looks like the Russians have barely fortified their side of the lake. Too risky with the Zap NPP there? Would that be why they were so comfortable draining the lake?

Rumor has it that it so so poorly planned they drown the troops and equipment that the blowing the dam was supposed to free up to reenforce Zaporizhzhia.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Yeah, and that's a 16k shot, not the 182k shot.  It's fragmentation anti personnel weaponry, so in lieu of a powerful warhead you have the tungsten steel with essentially a small shape charge and with an altimeter detonator.  The vehicles in the area "survived" in the sense that the frames exist, otherwise not so much.  Just brutal shit, but the Ukrainians used it extremely well, and the Russians are fucking stupid for gathering like that.  

I still think most decisions up and down the chain of command for Russia are made while drunk.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well that's just erotic poetry right there.

7 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I mean, they just blew up a major dam. They stole or destroyed every flotation device and then fired upon people trying to evacuate after news of the dam's destruction got around. They fired on evacuation centers. 

Honestly, if you're showing compassion towards others and trying to help the less fortunate, you're a bane to their existence and must die. 

This is a culture sick at its very core. It's not new. This is business as usual. 

ruzzia is a death cult

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russian state TV talking about Lukashenko's successor.  He must be dying/dead.

This will please @Brisketexan and others (me included) - Western nations need to start keeping an eye on Russian citizens living abroad. Yes, plenty fled trying to avoid mobilization, but plenty did not, and were either there because of wealth/wealthy parents, or are there fucking around and spying.

Yeah, sooo…The Czech President made a pretty bad misstep by stopping earlier with his statements about needing to monitor Russians (which I agree with). 

Pavel noted that in World War II, Japanese descendants living in the United States were under "a strict monitoring regime as well."

Pavel was the very first person to be interviewed after new studios were opened at Radio Free Europe headquarters in Prague. It’s unfortunate that he gave a positive/neutral hat tip to the Japanese American internment. His office clarified, but still.

https://www.rferl.org/a/czech-president-ukraine-support-nato-summit/32460184.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Pods said:

A red cross makes them even more likely to target you. 

image.png.5d4a8edf00a54287602827090bcc8abe.png

image.png

I know I'm going to get the hatred, but if that was enough to stop an aggressor, wouldn't every war end with 'children' marked everywhere in the territory?

I mean, it would be like Frank's. 

Not saying that's what it was, but how does that work in war? 

Edited by Slacks

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

I know I'm going to get the hatred, but if that was enough to stop an aggressor, wouldn't every war end with 'children' marked everywhere in the territory?

I mean, it would be like Frank's. 

Not saying that's what it was, but how does that work in war? 

Hoooly shit you're a dumbass

• Hook 'Em 1