Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Two things:

It is pretty indicating that Wagner hasn’t encountered significant resistance. Seems insane that going through a somewhat militarized portion of the country with barely firing a shot, but that has to be attributed to the morale on the front. Doesn’t seem like they trust the generals / higher command as they have been somewhat removed from the front. 

Wagner are god awful, but there is something somewhat fitting that the revolution is progressing from Ukraine / Crimea / Rostov given the history of the Whites during the Russian Revolution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Putin is a complete imbecile. To not see this coming, which has been brewing for months, is mind blowingly idiotic. To allow Wagner to withdraw and regroup after Bakhmut without some defensive contingencies is stupifying. To not even have reliable FSB agents within Wagner to help Putin monitor their overall movements is stunning considering his background. Even Mack Brown had enough common sense to shove Greg Davis out the door when he realized that the results were not there. I don't see how Putin can see Shoigu as capable during all of this and continue to support him while also being blissfully ignorant of Prigozhin's rants. If Putin knew that he would have been sticking with Shoigu through thick and thin, then he should have also been planning a way to retire Prigozhin. If not something drastic like an assassination or imprisonment  then possibly something more subtle such as reassinging to Africa or Syria to provide "security". Anything to get him away from the front lines in Ukraine and away from the bulk of Wagner troops. Without him functioning as the cult of personality then Wagner is not going to be the same security threat...no one else has demonstrated the crazy cajones to stand up to Russian leadership like this.

It’s been clear for awhile now Putin has been making decisions based on complete fantasy and has no insight into reality.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Two things:

It is pretty indicating that Wagner hasn’t encountered significant resistance. Seems insane that going through a somewhat militarized portion of the country with barely firing a shot, but that has to be attributed to the morale on the front. Doesn’t seem like they trust the generals / higher command as they have been somewhat removed from the front. 

Wagner are god awful, but there is something somewhat fitting that the revolution is progressing from Ukraine / Crimea / Rostov given the history of the Whites during the Russian Revolution. 

How militarized are Rostov or Voronezh really though?   There are supply depots but those would be manned by skeleton crews with very little in the way of arms outside of their rifles.  It's not like whole brigades or divisions are just sitting around those places or are close by.  

So what happens with the supply routes to the front? Prizoghin has stated he will end the war, right? Wouldn’t that mean cutting off supply lines? If he is worried about Moscow repositioning troops to fight his group, wouldn’t it make sense to cut them off at the front and let the Ukes destroy them?

• Hook 'Em 2

This all boils down to 

Don’t get high of your own supply

the Russian military thought they were   Great and on par with USA/Nato. Beating Chechen’s and Syria was their chest pumping moment. The general population also thought they were da shit. Now Ukraine with USA weapons is giving them a very hard time and they don’t know how to cope, they are short circuiting.

Prongles guy comes in and states it’s all the military leadership fault we suck and I can change that. The general dumbass population also buying it so they are welcoming them.

They think change of leadership will change something but it won’t 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

This all boils down to 

the Russian military thought they were   Great and on par with USA/Nato. Beating Chechen’s and Syria was their chest pumping moment. The general population also thought they were da shit. Now Ukraine with USA weapons is giving them a very hard time and they don’t know how to cope, they are short circuiting.

Prongles guy comes in and states it’s all the military leadership fault we suck and I can change that. The general dumbass population also buying it so they are welcoming them.

I wonder if pingu actually believes that or it’s just the convenient excuse. 

if he gets the keys to the kingdom, he may only then realize that nobody was holding out on him and they really could do no better. 

• Haha 1

Good point, what is the NATO policy on member states harboring war criminals?   

Kinda bummed that our own Congress just started their summer break.  Was really looking forward to some absolutely moronic takes on this situation given their loyalties.  However, I am going to be glued to the Sunday morning shows tomorrow after  church.  I respect that we can’t speak in provocational terms.  But I want to see people who may have lost two demigods in less than month.  It’s like when I found out as a kid that Zeus and Poseidon weren’t actually real. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Good point, what is the NATO policy on member states harboring war criminals?   

Kinda bummed that our own Congress just started their summer break.  Was really looking forward to some absolutely moronic takes on this situation given their loyalties.  However, I am going to be glued to the Sunday morning shows tomorrow after  church.  I respect that we can’t speak in provocational terms.  But I want to see people who may have lost two demigods in less than month.  It’s like when I found out as a kid that Zeus and Poseidon weren’t actually real. 

Cliffs: 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This is some of the craziest shit I’ve ever seen in my life. I suppose 9/11 is tops, but I’m thinking this is #2.

It’s an object lesson in the suddenness of regime change. Cracks form slowly, but the resulting collapse is swift.

And whatever you think the status quo is before a civil war kicks off, it can change very quickly and dramatically. Loyalty is not static.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

The fact that Putin's private army of attack dogs that he has enabled to commit atrocities across Africa and Ukraine over the years (and elsewhere) is now turning on him in an amazing uprising is just wonderful to see. Man did Putin step on his own dick here.

Just awesome.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Rookie question: why doesn’t Putin have some bombers or cruise missiles tucked away sufficient to blow up a column 100x over? I’d think Progle’s column would look like the highway of death shortly after it started advancing.

Just now, Basil said:

Rookie question: why doesn’t Putin have some bombers or cruise missiles tucked away sufficient to blow up a column 100x over? I’d think Progle’s column would look like the highway of death shortly after it started advancing.

Sure he does. However Military morale is so low it’s doubtful anyone would execute those orders 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

This all boils down to 

Or folks are trying to ingratiate themselves with their new masters.