Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

GRUhorn is learning not to post in the crypto thread AND the Ukraine war thread on the same sock accounts, I guess

Yes. He created a couple of accounts that he uses exclusively to be able to talk to his beloved Crypto, and others he makes up to post everywhere else. His current handle of choice over there is Claire Voyant. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Maybe that's why they are doing what they are doing, plus they are watching where the Russians are moving the replacement AD systems from.

This has been my assumption too. Shaping the battlefield to maximize the effectiveness of the F-16s and maybe even try for some air superiority 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

This has been my assumption too. Shaping the battlefield to maximize the effectiveness of the F-16s and maybe even try for some air superiority 

Well the other thing is that the Russians seem eager to destroy themselves in attacks that would gain them very minimal ground.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-russia-us-defense-forum-rcna122922#

Chinese and Russian military chiefs targeted the United States for criticism at a security forum in Beijing on Monday, even as China’s second most senior military commander vowed to strengthen defense ties with Washington.

The Xiangshan Forum, China’s biggest annual show of military diplomacy, began on Sunday without a Chinese defense minister, who typically hosts the event, but including a U.S. delegation.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu warned the West that its involvement in the Ukraine war created grave danger.

“The Western line of steady escalation of the conflict with Russia carries the threat of a direct military clash between nuclear powers, which is fraught with catastrophic consequences,” Russia’s TASS state news agency quoted Shoigu as saying at the forum.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Shoigu said the West intended to inflict “strategic defeat” on Russia in what he called a “hybrid war,” and praised Russia-China relationsas “exemplary,” Russian state media reported.

Meanwhile, China plays both sides

“We will deepen strategic cooperation and coordination with Russia and are willing to, on the basis of mutual respect, peaceful coexistence and win-win cooperation, develop military ties with the U.S.,” Zhang said in an address closely watched by military attaches and diplomats.

China’s defense minister has in previous years delivered the forum’s keynote speech, but Li Shangfu was removed as defense minister last week without explanation and a replacement has not been named.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What a farce.  I'm beginning to believe that a lot of what has happened in the last few years has really been driven by China behind the scenes.  Sure, Putin has long made clear his intent with Ukraine, but it probably didn't help that China was sitting there like a devil on his shoulder telling him to do it.  Their rationale being that if NATO and the US was involved with a war in Europe perhaps we wouldn't have the ability to defend Taiwan, hence the "special relationship" between China and Russia.  Once it all went to shit, both Russia and China got Iran involved, first with weapons and now with Hamas.  Basically, to me it boils down to this, China views Russia as useful idiots (not wrong), and in turn both view Iranian regime as extraordinary idiots (they aren't wrong), and they all view has Hamas something on another level of idiocy (not wrong again).  In any event this all circles back to China.  

For China to host a military diplomacy conference is downright laughable.  The only question now is what China is going to do since their original plan, in my opinion, has gone to shit.  If they made a move on Taiwan, my guess is that we would leave Hamas to Israel with our support, we would parking lot Iran (non nuclear, but utter destruction of their military capability very quickly), maintain course in Ukraine, and focus the rest on Taiwan.  With all this in mind, a rational China doesn't make this move, but if Xi is adamant in making some sort of distraction move it will be to take Siberia.  What happens from there, I have no idea, but I will say this, it's all gone to shit for all of the aforementioned; but in my mind, none more than China in terms of it's ambition.  

Hold On GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

With all this in mind, a rational China doesn't make this move, but if Xi is adamant in making some sort of distraction move it will be to take Siberia.  What happens from there, I have no idea, but I will say this, it's all gone to shit for all of the aforementioned; but in my mind, none more than China in terms of it's ambition. 

The Siberia thing is always interesting, especially in light of some of the surrounding countries getting antsy/starting shit with one another (CSTO is not working out), and some of the Russian republics stirring a bit. If Putin dies/is deposed, there is a decent chance at least some of the areas break away - they may have stuck it out through the 90s rather than going independent in some fashion, in the hopes it would benefit them, but then Putin came along, as well as the oligarchs plundered them like crazy.  

There are ethnic Chinese in the Far Eastern District, within Siberia.  Be a shame if China declared they were being threatened like the ethnic Russians in Ukraine, and China had to send in troops.

9 hours ago, BamaATL said:

What a farce.  I'm beginning to believe that a lot of what has happened in the last few years has really been driven by China behind the scenes.  Sure, Putin has long made clear his intent with Ukraine, but it probably didn't help that China was sitting there like a devil on his shoulder telling him to do it.  Their rationale being that if NATO and the US was involved with a war in Europe perhaps we wouldn't have the ability to defend Taiwan, hence the "special relationship" between China and Russia.  Once it all went to shit, both Russia and China got Iran involved, first with weapons and now with Hamas.  Basically, to me it boils down to this, China views Russia as useful idiots (not wrong), and in turn both view Iranian regime as extraordinary idiots (they aren't wrong), and they all view has Hamas something on another level of idiocy (not wrong again).  In any event this all circles back to China.  

For China to host a military diplomacy conference is downright laughable.  The only question now is what China is going to do since their original plan, in my opinion, has gone to shit.  If they made a move on Taiwan, my guess is that we would leave Hamas to Israel with our support, we would parking lot Iran (non nuclear, but utter destruction of their military capability very quickly), maintain course in Ukraine, and focus the rest on Taiwan.  With all this in mind, a rational China doesn't make this move, but if Xi is adamant in making some sort of distraction move it will be to take Siberia.  What happens from there, I have no idea, but I will say this, it's all gone to shit for all of the aforementioned; but in my mind, none more than China in terms of it's ambition.  

Hold On GIF

there are a couple videos worth a watch that will make you feel a lot better about the US position around Taiwan and Taiwan’s defenses. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I wouldn't worry about it, the Russian's seem to really like posting the end results on Telegram, rocket casing and all.  

I don't know why I didn't see your post until I posted above.   Yeah, I'm sure those salvos are making an impact somewhere.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The Russians seem to keep losing air defense.

The more air defenses that get destroyed the less the Ukrainian pilots need to train regarding SAM avoidance and suppression techniques and the more likely some shiny new aircraft could get deployed...

Nobody wants to see the shiny new air superiority death menace getting shot down by localized air defense..

As an added bonus, it also allows the use of less sophisticated munitions to target static defenses and targets of interest...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1