Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I gotta tell ya....I'm worried about the Ukrainian troops our allies are training.  As mentioned in a previous post, one of the boy's college friends is a Ukrainian girl.  She's down south in the UK this summer, working on a base where the UAF are training (she's working as a translator).  She's familiar with the boy's cooking, as it's been one of the ways he likes to show off to bland-palate Europeans.
So, she shared this image of their lunch yesterday at the base, served to the Ukrainians by their Brit hosts.  She shared it to credit him.  He said "fuck that shit, don't pin that on me."

e47ad3674f9e7333ec415508aa938e14.jpg

Yes, that's a "taco."  And yes, those are green peas on it.  WTF, England?  Haven't the Ukrainian people been subjected to enough crimes against humanity?

I frequently get peas on a taco, because frequently, Tex-Mex joints will put some peas and carrots in their rice.  Rice always ends up on a taco I"m eating (soft taco or fajita 100% of the time, hard shell depends on the time I have to eat).  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I frequently get peas on a taco, because frequently, Tex-Mex joints will put some peas and carrots in their rice.  Rice always ends up on a taco I"m eating (soft taco or fajita 100% of the time, hard shell depends on the time I have to eat).  

It could easily be some nice curry in a rolled up naan, considering Britain.  I'd eat that.*

*I wouldn't call it a "taco" though.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think the important point is the effect on the war: they can be lost without any political blowback in Russia. 

No political blow back so long as Russia has a functioning military, I think you mean.  Russia is the Capital and other Federation entities are the Districts, Hunger Games wise.   Things might change when there are no more Russian helicopters and tanks and AFVs or ammo.  Dunno. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Jesus. Nothing better than letting the world know that you are completely out of options. 

She's not completely out of options.  She could probably do alright with a "cougar"-themed Onlyfans page.

1.jpeg

A dominatrix theme might also work.

Either way, there's real rubles to be made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

Back to rations. We can bitch about MRE's but they are pretty damn good. Brit rations sucked. Have to be a toothless hooligan from Manchester to like them. French and Italian were damn good and came with either brandy or regimental wine. 

My favorites were from El Salvador. Cans of tasty protein and make your own thick tortilla. 

I need to order more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She's not completely out of options.  She could probably do alright with a "cougar"-themed Onlyfans page.

1.jpeg

A dominatrix theme might also work.

Either way, there's real rubles to be made.

9D02D88F-5E94-4058-B390-DC26F9D31D07.png.ca1484f4d6e30373963f4477a8732c15.png

Rubles?  If I wait a couple weeks, I  can pay for her AND her…friend…with this.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Back to rations. We can bitch about MRE's but they are pretty damn good. Brit rations sucked. Have to be a toothless hooligan from Manchester to like them. French and Italian were damn good and came with either brandy or regimental wine. 

My favorites were from El Salvador. Cans of tasty protein and make your own thick tortilla. 

I need to order more. 

The only US mre I couldn't stomach was the ham and cheese omelette. Eat that and you'll give away your position from all the farting.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You made my phone cry with that post. 

Yeah, that's why early last year we made an unofficial agreement to try and limit it to 3-4 tweets a post, because pages would stop loading on mobile.  I don't think he did it intentionally though, it merges posts if you post too fast.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, that's why early last year we made an unofficial agreement to try and limit it to 3-4 tweets a post, because pages would stop loading on mobile.  I don't think he did it intentionally though, it merges posts if you post too fast.

I think he posted a link to the guy's Twitter profile, which apparently loads a ton of tweets

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Russia deployed MiG-29 jet after Norweigan air force plane got close to its air space

Russia deployed a MiG-29 jet after it detected a Norweigan air force plane near its air space over the Barents Sea, the defense ministry said Monday.

The plane turned back after the jet approached, the ministry said.

"On August 14, 2023, Russian airspace control detected an air target approaching the state border of the Russian Federation over the waters of the Barents Sea. To identify an air target and prevent violation of the state border of the Russian Federation, a MiG-29 fighter was sent into the air,” the ministry said in a statement.

"As a Russian fighter aircraft approached, the foreign military aircraft made a U-turn from the state border of the Russian Federation. Violation of the state border of the Russian Federation was not allowed," the statement added. 

From CNN.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Without sounding like warmongering aholes, we need to promote this better to our internal stakeholders (voters).

The moron twins were harping on the money being spent in Ukraine and saying it should go to Hawaii instead.   So this would be a good rebuttal.  Or just send some HIMARs to Hawaii.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That Turkish-owned/Palau-flagged ship that was boarded - sounds like they changed their tone when they realized it was Turks:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-08-14-23/h_6e9c6204aeda83513688a65092d76368

Here's how it played out, according to the shipping company official: The Sukru Okan's 12-person Turkish crew was radioed by the Russian warship Sunday as it was en route to Izmail, at which point the vessel tried to turn back to Turkish waters in order to get in touch with the country's Coast Guard and other officials. 

Shortly after, the Russian warship fired warning shots at the cargo ship and began following it, according to the shipping company official who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity. 

A helicopter then took off from the Russian warship and more warning shots were fired. The crew waited, and Russian servicemen boarded the ship. A video captured by the Sukru Okan crew showed several crew members sitting on the ship deck as a Russian helicopter hovered over them. 

Russian soldiers questioned the captain about why he did not stop the vessel, and he told them he was in international waters, adding that "in order to notify officials, we turned our direction.” 

The Russian soldiers then searched the cabins of the ship with the captain for about an hour, and also looked through the documents and passports of all the crew members, according to the official of the shipping company, who was not on board at the time of the incident. 

The company official told CNN he believes the Russians were pleased that everyone on board was Turkish, adding that once the Russians were onboard they didn’t make any threats or take negative actions against the crew. 

The Russian soldiers did make the captain of the Sukru Okan sign a document in Russian, which the shipping company official believes was a statement certifying that there was "no injury or damage" onboard.

"Since there were no negative outcomes, and the ship was not seized, we decided it should continue on its path," he told CNN. 

The official said the Sukru Okan is now in Romanian waters, waiting for the operators of Ukraine's Izmail port to allow them to proceed. He described this manner of reaching Izmail as "the normal procedure." Data from MarineTraffic shows that the Sukru Okan was in waters near Romania's Sulina Port on Monday afternoon. 

"For the last year, we have been going routine back and forth to those ports," said the official who noted that the shipping company purchased the vessel in 2021 and registered it under the flag of Palau due to restrictions on Turkish-flagged vessels.  

Regarding Russia's previous announcement that it would consider ships going to Ukrainian ports as suspicious of carrying ammunition, he told CNN, "I guess we are the first," adding, "but I foresee these types of things becoming more common."

I hope the Russians keep it up, because if they do, knowing the Russians, they'll fall into an easy pattern that will let the Ukrainians send a few of these patrol ships to the bottom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-08-14-23/h_6e9c6204aeda83513688a65092d76368

Russia is open to military cooperation with other countries, including taking part in joint military training and exercises, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday.

"We propose to develop cooperation in a variety of areas, including in personnel training, in training foreign military personnel and improving their qualifications, in conducting joint command-staff and other exercises. And we expect that, as before, important agreements and export contracts will be signed on the sidelines of the forum," Putin said in a video greeting to the participants of the Army-2023 forum near Moscow. 

Russia is "open to deepening" equal technological partnerships and military-technical cooperation with other countries "who defend their national interests, their independent path of development and consider it fundamentally important to build together an equal indivisible security system that would reliably protect each state," Putin added.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

All of that is Russian for "We need somebody to help get around sanctions" and/or provide troops for Ukraine.

"We are also pleased that more and more foreign defense companies are joining the forum," Putin said. "Last year, 32 foreign participants exhibited their products here. This year, their number has grown to 82."

The annual International Military-Technical Forum is a platform where prominent Russian military companies present their products. About 1,500 leading Russian defense enterprises are taking part in this year's forum exhibition and business programs. They will be discussing projects with the Russian Defense Ministry as well as cooperation with other countries, according to state news agency TASS. 

About 80 foreign companies and organizations from seven countries plan to participate in the forum, which is organized by the Russian Defense Ministry, according to TASS. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu is also attending the forum. 

I didn't realize Belarus, Iran, Syria, and North Korea had dozens of companies making arms/defense equipment.  And since Russia and China are probably included in that "seven countries", i'm guessing the other country will be Nicaragua.

• Haha 2

Once again about the basics... Any statements that Ukraine is not advancing fast enough on the battlefield or is not regaining enough territory are not only a manifestation of the authors' strange moral state, but also a demonstration of an absolute lack of understanding of the war and its stages. The task of the Ukrainian Armed Forces is not to organize large-scale battles for every settlement on the way to the 1991 borders, but to systematically destroy the capabilities of the enemy army: its logistics, technical potential, officers and personnel. And today, Ukrainian defenders are coping with this task one hundred percent. And then everything will be as Ukraine needs...

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

holy crap.  100k in one city is a ton.

11 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

just decided to google london civilian deaths during the blitz:  40k.

This is genocide.

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

🤡

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

im invincible monty python GIF

190c6a93-c4bb-4f64-9002-5501e7c69f83_tex

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Been a minute since I posted on the best thread on Surly. It’s been a seriously personal and professionally hectic few weeks and on this thread I always want to add value and respect the conversation. 

Anyway, today I got to meet this guy, who’s been posted a lot here and should be posted more.

Some great tidbits he shared. One of the most interesting — Ukraine knew the numbers and location of the Russian forces before the invasion and that’s why they dismissed the idea of a full-scale invasion. They didn’t believe Russia brought enough to take Kyiv and so blew our warnings off. They ended up being right and wrong.

Flagged how much of Russian strategic aviation has been out of the fight. Thinks that at this point Putin wants a promise of  no EU/NATO and recognition of the annexed provinces. And of course, emphasizes that Ukraine as a nation and government is determined to fight till every Russian is out of Ukraine. 

tl;dr

47 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

@956 Worldwide Is a good poster. Until tonight. He went full aggy. 

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's a stupid embed bug of posting a link to a profile and then not clicking on the "display as a link" button.  It wants to post a shit-ton of tweets/responses from the profile.

https://clip.cafe/rob-roy-1995/you-are-here-on-a-matter-of-honor-s1/

23 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I think it was likely just a tech glitch. I don’t think he sat down and tried to link all those posts.  And I absolutely value his input on this thread, due to his wealth of knowledge about the politics of the countries involved.  He greatly contributes to our  knowledge of the situation.

Homie is cool. One of the best posters. But we are surly. @956 Worldwide

Sorry I offended anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Shit, I screwed that one up. Sorry for going full aggy, I didn’t know that a link to a profile would do that. 

Blaming it on women, booze or drugs usually works. In this case, though, I would go with russian bots.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3