Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 8/14/2023 at 4:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

She's not completely out of options.  She could probably do alright with a "cougar"-themed Onlyfans page.

1.jpeg

A dominatrix theme might also work.

Either way, there's real rubles to be made.

1 cent at a time.

• Haha 5

A piece in The Guardian about Russia resorting to sleeper cell agents and unofficial agents for intelligence after multiple European countries have removed Russian diplomatic staff. It's causing more deep cover agents to get arrested or flee to Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/15/russia-turning-to-sleeper-cells-and-unofficial-agents

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't care how cheap it is, I don't want to see Brisket stick things in his butt.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You sound like a great candidate for my “just pulling things OUT of my butt” subscription plan.

Interested George Clooney GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Some industrious team is going to rig up a modern day "punt gun" to deal with direct-impact drones.  Even a semi-auto 10g with a simple tracking ability would help.  Then you can buy some time on the more advanced technology that jams their signal and allows you to recover them.

Basically allocate a redneck from Louisiana to every squad

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Some industrious team is going to rig up a modern day "punt gun" to deal with direct-impact drones.  Even a semi-auto 10g with a simple tracking ability would help.  Then you can buy some time on the more advanced technology that jams their signal and allows you to recover them.

What what? Did you just pull that idea out of Brisket’s ass?
  • Drool 1

It would need a little more reach on it, but sure. I’d not want one of those drones blowing up on me at the same range I take out dove. Too close for comfort there.

44 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This isn't a terrible idea.  I've been surprised we haven't seen anyone using old school anti air flack as some sort of cover while they are maneuvering in the open.  These drones are very fragile and the slightest damage would make them non-navigable.  Basically, you don't need direct hits, just a little bit of damage would provide significant cover.  Given that the Russians often turn to ancient tech to fight with, again I'm surprised they haven't done this.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

This isn't a terrible idea.  I've been surprised we haven't seen anyone using old school anti air flack as some sort of cover while they are maneuvering in the open.  These drones are very fragile and the slightest damage would make them non-navigable.  Basically, you don't need direct hits, just a little bit of damage would provide significant cover.  Given that the Russians often turn to ancient tech to fight with, again I'm surprised they haven't done this.  

How about something with flippers? Imagine the drone being the ball in this instance…you get the idea 

IMG_3815.png

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Read an article that the technology already exists. It’s a portable device that looks like a giant rifle that can be pointed at a drone that then disables it.  Apparently the Russians are using it to great effect, downing several thousands drones per month. 

• Hook 'Em 2

See, this is what I've been sayin'.  I am BORN for this modern version of warfare.

Brisketexan.  Anti-drone warrior.  Reporting for duty.  Want me to call 'em in, or are we just pass shootin'?

OQZ27ZLIIDBFXGQK3RXPFESHII.jpg?auto=webp

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

What what? Did you just pull that idea out of Brisket’s ass?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhvh2iqh4uwv66oib1cj

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, this is what I've been sayin'.  I am BORN for this modern version of warfare.

Brisketexan.  Anti-drone warrior.  Reporting for duty.  Want me to call 'em in, or are we just pass shootin'?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhvh2iqh4uwv66oib1cj

Anti-drone warrier is gonna have to be a better shot than you. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

To get a decent range, you'd probably need to fire a solid projectile that then turns into a lot of projectiles. So you'd need to have some way of determining range and then some sort of smart fuse type system. Even an old school type punt gun probably couldn't generate enough velocity to be effective at the ranges you'd need it to.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

To get a decent range, you'd probably need to fire a solid projectile that then turns into a lot of projectiles. So you'd need to have some way of determining range and then some sort of smart fuse type system. Even an old school type punt gun probably couldn't generate enough velocity to be effective at the ranges you'd need it to.

Even early war AA rounds had altitude and proximity fuses.  The tech is there.  The shotgun idea is more for the smaller, loitering drones used for intel and observation.  They seem fragile and easily disabled.

Mounting a semiauto shotgun on mech seems as easy fix in addition to or in lieu of a belt fed.  

Or smoke?  All these drones are line of sight for the most part.  Once detected, pop smoke and scoot.

28c4a19e03b7f752d49b697687d260cd.gif9yc5trmyxl481.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't you need some ducks in that photo?

• Hook 'Em 1