2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

admittedly I haven't been following this shit show all that closely, but was it ever contemplated that he would sign the bill AND declare a national emergency? 

I think they're doing this as a rear guard sort of thing. They know it'll get tied up in the courts and not actually happen, but they can say they tried and somehow his supporters wont count it as a loss

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Hrmm, didn't McConnell and all these supposed other super micro-boner enraged conservatives bitch non-stop about Obama's executive overreach?

Yeah, but Obama was black and a Democrat.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4

Just now, Captainant said:

I think they're doing this as a rear guard sort of thing. They know it'll get tied up in the courts and not actually happen, but they can say they tried and somehow his supporters wont count it as a loss

it's going to be a hilariously massive loss. i see what you are saying, and yes, that 30% or whatever will not waver and will chug that koolaid until they start choking from the poison.

I know the Legislature is spineless and all, but signing off on the use of Emergency Powers for this immigration situation seems like for whatever reason should be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back in terms of Trump support.   I mean how close will the Legislature let us walk towards the edge of the cliff before they do something?

• Like 1

Just now, deech said:

I know the Legislature is spineless and all, but signing off on the use of Emergency Powers for this immigration situation seems like for whatever reason should be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back in terms of Trump support.   I mean how close will the Legislature let us walk towards the edge of the cliff before they do something?

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN ASKING.

good christ, republicans, grow a spine. why are they letting this orange hobgoblin panflute them over the goddamn cliff?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN ASKING.

good christ, republicans, grow a spine. why are they letting this orange hobgoblin panflute them over the goddamn cliff?

Most of them are extremely stupid and have no actual values beyond maintaining their grip on power and using that power to enrich themselves.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deech said:

Hopefully, Nancy Pelosi will force them to vote on it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/428568-gop-senator-national-emergency-would-be-a-tough-vote-for-trump-to-win

8 minutes ago, deech said:

Never. They've made the decision and will go down with the ship. 

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Most of them are extremely stupid and have no actual values beyond maintaining their grip on power and using that power to enrich themselves.

They just have to be smart enough to con the simpletons like texashammer, oatmealcookie, chrispy and the rest of the trumptards whose biggest complaint in life is that they can only spend 24 hours a day sniffing Trump's farts. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Madam Speaker just talked about a future Democratic president declaring a national emergency for gun violence.

It begins.

I am sure all the trumpkins are going to love the future Democratic President declaring a national emergency on Climate Change.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This will set a very useful precedent for a Democrat.

No it won't. A dem would never do this, and if he/she tried, would never get away with it. Only the dotard can get away with this crap because he is supported by the largest cult in modern history.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

mcconnell just said that trump will sign the bill. then he'll declare a national emergency. and mcconnell will support the president in that declaration.

what a shit show.

THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, YOU ORANGE TWAT

It brings me much joy to know that flowers will never be able to survive on McConnell's grave because of all the piss.

• Like 2

let us keep in mind that this is a massively unforced error by senate republicans. 

say congress passes the bill, and trump vetos. the republicans can tell him to get fucked, as they should. 

THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A CHECK ON THE EXECUTIVE.

cowards, the lot of them, led by the lead coward, mitch fucking mcconnell.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

do you have an aneurysm 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she will “of course” allow a floor vote on any bipartisan border security proposal crafted by congressional negotiators, but she drew a red line, insisting "there's not going to be any wall money in the legislation."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pelosi-draws-red-line-money-border-wall/story?id=60750381

The plan provides $1.375 billion for 55 new miles of fencing on the U.S.-Mexico border, far short of the $5.7 billion in wall money the president sought to fulfill a campaign promise, and provides funding for nine federal departments through the end of the fiscal year Sept. 30. Trump’s administration has been examining how to use executive authority to shift money from other government accounts to put more money into border barriers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-14/trump-seeks-clarification-on-border-deal-as-senate-prepares-vote?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics&utm_content=politics&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol so the Dems caved and Trump will still declare a national emergency.  Great work.

Yep, the dems caved.  Sure thing.

Your boy bitched about being played:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/politics/donald-trump-wall-negotiations-spending-bill/index.html

President Donald Trump appears to be moving -- unhappily -- towardsigning a bipartisan agreement that provides only a fraction of the money he demanded for a border wall. But in conversations with allies over the past days, he has griped that Republican negotiators were outplayed by their Democratic counterparts, securing a border funding number far smaller than Trump has spent the last two months demanding.

Meanwhile, your conservative wet dream tweeted this earlier:

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

let us keep in mind that this is a massively unforced error by senate republicans. 

say congress passes the bill, and trump vetos. the republicans can tell him to get fucked, as they should. 

THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A CHECK ON THE EXECUTIVE.

cowards, the lot of them, led by the lead coward, mitch fucking mcconnell.

To add to my "they're stupid and selfish" from last page, they like breaking norms and the system in general. That's what they see as their path to staying in power. They're not opposed to Trump in principle but too scared to act. They're not simply being shortsighted and trying to get to the next day without encouraging a primary opponent. They are happily abandoning their sworn duties in favor of taking a bulldozer to American democracy because they're opponents of American democracy.

• Like 2

Why does Trump have such a hard on for the government contractors? It isn't his money.

Loved this comment:

The Left
The Left
@norbiznesss
·
Feb 13
Replying to
@kylegriffin1
It's understandable, paying people what they're owed instead of cheating them goes against every fiber of Trump's personal credo
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Bullshit.  If she offered to peg you whilst reciting Ayn Rand, you would beg for the opportunity.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Go on. I mean, I’m an open minded guy, let’s hear the whole pitch.

You bend over and take it up the ass while being inundated with a never-ending stream of conservative bullshit.  You know, the full bore conservative middle-class-or-lower experience.

29 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It involves listening to the entirety of John Galt's monologue.

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You bend over and take it up the ass while being inundated with a never-ending stream of conservative bullshit.  You know, the full bore conservative middle-class-or-lower experience.

Buncha damned boner-killers around here.  Sheesh.

• Haha 1

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story