Two LSU football players questioned about fatal shooting

GlenFromTheMailRoom

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25595708/two-lsu-athletes-questioned-shooting-incident-baton-rouge

No mention of concern for the guy that was killed?  Keep it classy Tigah.

Two LSU athletes were taken into custody for questioning after a fatal shooting Saturday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

WBRZ, citing sources, reports the athletes are members of the football team.

The victim, who was not an LSU athlete, was found fatally shot in the backseat of a truck, a police spokesman told the Baton Rouge Advocate.

The athletes called 911 and waited at the scene. They have not been arrested, police told the newspaper.

"Right now, our concern is for the safety and well-being of our student-athletes," LSU athletic director Joe Alleva said in a statement. "They have been involved in a traumatic incident, and we have made our counselors available to assist immediately."

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Two LSU athletes were taken into custody for questioning after a fatal shooting Saturday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

They have not been arrested, police told the newspaper.

Oh so they were taken into custody but not arrested.

Right. That makes sense. 

Did a 12 year old write this?

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I doubt Orgeron will even talk about this incident, ever, but if he does, I'm sure his comments can be interpreted either as "correlation does not equal causation" or "gimme some bacon, this sandwich tastes like crap."

“Mike duh tigah’s cryin’.”

9 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I doubt Orgeron will even talk about this incident, ever, but if he does, I'm sure his comments can be interpreted either as "correlation does not equal causation" or "gimme some bacon, this sandwich tastes like crap."

Or, "YAW YAW YAW YAW YAW YAW YAW YAW."

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You gotta appreciate what an explosive element this Bonnie situation is.

They are LSU football players and they called the Louisiana police after committing murder.   My guess is they thought calling the police was like calling the Wolf to fix the problem.

• Like 2

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25634704/pair-involved-shooting-play-lsu-tigers-fiesta-bowl-team-support

The two LSU players involved in an attempted armed robbery that left one man dead are available to play in the Fiesta Bowl, coach Ed Orgeron said Thursday.

Sophomore running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire and freshman linebacker Jared Small both made the trip to Arizona just days after their attempt to sell an electronic item to a man turned into an attempted armed robbery Saturday. The man pulled a gun on the players and demanded their items when one of the players pulled out a gun and shot the man, who died at the scene.