Alabama Opens -6 V. Clemson - Discuss

Wally Pryor

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

I'll take Bama to cover first half spread

FWIW they didn't cover tonight.  

And yet they could have. Going for it really wouldn’t have even been risky. The sport has turned into pure entertainment and feels scripted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

And yet they could have. Going for it really wouldn’t have even been risky. The sport has turned into pure entertainment and feels scripted.

It all started when they began scripting the first ten plays or so, and sudden change of possession plays.  After that it was all downhill.

Scripting+the+First+20+Plays.jpg

Early in the season the golden nugget was offering lines on potential championship games against bama.  I think Clemson was in the 10 point range but they may have even been higher.  Either way it’s hard to imaging that bama won’t be walking away with yet another natty...I wish it wasn’t that way though.

I kinda don't care much either. I was hoping OU and ND would win their games today. I'm certainly not fans of either team, but I'd like to watch something new. Pretty clearly, ND hasn't belonged in the playoffs their last couple of tries. No more special deal for them. They're just another team.

I'm thinking that the ratings will be down. Casual viewers might feel about this game like they felt about the rematch of LSU and Alabama some years ago.

I wonder.  Clemson is clearly miles ahead of OU defensively, and Lawrence keeps trending up.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.

And 54% S&P against the spread?  Marginally better than random, doesn't cover the vig.  Why this passes as "strong" I cannot imagine.   Better than the alternative?  Just barely.  Still, not good, by any definition of a strong prediction.

2 hours ago, NBMisha said:

I wonder.  Clemson is clearly miles ahead of OU defensively, and Lawrence keeps trending up.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.

And 54% S&P against the spread?  Marginally better than random, doesn't cover the vig.  Why this passes as "strong" I cannot imagine.   Better than the alternative?  Just barely.  Still, not good, by any definition of a strong prediction.

52.4% is the magic number in sports wagering

I’m pulling for Clemson, but Bama will probably win. You know ESPN is worried about ratings, cause the first thing they said this morning was people should celebrate this matchup. It’s great that we get the same teams playing each other in the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. You should enjoy greatness. They know it’s a problem.

• Like 1