Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Fuck the Courts.  

Open impeachment hearings.  Call Mueller.  Call Cohen (whose testimony provides separate bases for impeachment). 

Then subpoena Barr.  If he refuses to testify at an impeachment hearing, then impeach him for obstructing Congress from carrying out its constitutional obligation.

Then call Mnuchin about the tax returns.  If he refuses to do the same, then impeach him, too.

Then impeach Trump, adding an additional article for obstructing Congress's constitutional oversight duties.

If the Senate Republicans vote to acquit, then fine--it's a vote to dissolve the United States Congress as a legitimate body.  Let the judgment of history be on them.

eta: and by the way--if you do this, you tie up the Senate with trials and impair its ability to confirm Trump's various appointees.

Hell yeah, do you have a newsletter that I might subscribe to for $9.95?

Well you see, as disciplined Constitutional originalists, it is clear that to us that this doesn’t really apply to repub presidents.  Balls and strikes and such....
Sincerely,
Justices Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch

That’s a murderer’s row of corporatism, zealots, and mental gymnasts
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

This is obviously a very, very mentally disturbed person. I do not want to completely generalize here, but these are the kind of people that Dotard's message of hate and fake news bullshit is reaching and this is the end result of that kind of rhetoric. This will not be the last story we hear of this nature. Not by a longshot.

Amongst a ridiculous litany of reasons on why he has to be beaten in November of 2020, this is one of them. He is awakening the worst and most heinous aspects of some of the people who live in our country. Through his tweets, propaganda rallies and public statements, he is adding fuel to the fire for people who do not need much in order to go off the deep end and commit some seriously horrific atrocities to show support for Dotard.

If you are a Republican and are still supporting him right now you are probably beyond help. You are on the wrong side of history and honestly you're just a fucked up human being at this juncture if you don't grasp what supporting this narcissistic asshole means. You are actively helping prop up his message of hate and there is no possible defense you can provide other than you are frightened at the prospect of whites having to realize that those evil brown-skinned folks deserve to be treated as equals in all aspects of our society. You are more/less the equivalent of the white South Africans (not all) from the late 80's who trudged forward fighting a hopeless and thankfully doomed cause and you will get exactly what you deserve for doing so. 

i have a bad feeling the random incidents of violence will be worse if he loses, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i have a bad feeling the random incidents of violence will be worse if he loses, unfortunately.

I like to hope that his defeat at the polls in 2020 will bring an end to one of the worst periods in the history of our Republic. I will concede that his impending loss in 2020 could lead to some violence. However, I just don't see the crippled, cane-wielding warriors of the white race, doing a whole helluva lot once their orange idol is defeated by a record number of votes cast against him. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Fuck the Courts.  

Open impeachment hearings.  Call Mueller.  Call Cohen (whose testimony provides separate bases for impeachment). 

Then subpoena Barr.  If he refuses to testify at an impeachment hearing, then impeach him for obstructing Congress from carrying out its constitutional obligation.

Then call Mnuchin about the tax returns.  If he refuses to do the same, then impeach him, too.

Then impeach Trump, adding an additional article for obstructing Congress's constitutional oversight duties.

If the Senate Republicans vote to acquit, then fine--it's a vote to dissolve the United States Congress as a legitimate body.  Let the judgment of history be on them.

eta: and by the way--if you do this, you tie up the Senate with trials and impair its ability to confirm Trump's various appointees.

spot on but can we send this to a Congress critter to make it work?  F'k it, I'll send it to friends who are Congressional aids or work on the hill.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It would be nice to see the Democrats actually sack up for once and exert their power.

Dems control one half of one third of the federal government. I wouldn't exactly call that power. They can impeach but senate republicans will continue gobbling that cheeto dick and the trumpies will get all fired up with victimhood and vote him back in. Hell, they might even use their power to install him for life.

4 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

The democrat's strategy should be as follows. The Judiciary Committee should hold hearings on the Mueller Report. Have Mueller testify before the committee, request others to testify. Those that don't should be held in contempt of Congress (not sure what legal ramifications that holds), and/or go to court to make them testify. It all needs to be documented for the American public. It is Congress' job and not doing so will only weaken the nation. Edited to add, if there is evidence to move to impeachment in the House then do so.

Moving forward with this strategy will drive Trump crazy. We've already seen his Twitter responses from when the Mueller report was released. It has him rattled. The Democrats can keep him in this state by doing their job. On the same front, they should continue to pursue his tax records, they have the authority to do so. At some point Trump is going to step further over the line and the shit will really hit the fan.

Congress. Do. Your. Job.

Sam Ervin threatened to have those who refused to testify jailed during the Watergate hearings.

• Like 1

Source of some of his twitter angst this week?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-records/index.html

Deutsche Bank has begun the process of providing financial records to New York state's attorney general in response to a subpoena for documents related to loans made to President Donald Trump and his business, according to a person familiar with the production.

Last month, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James issued subpoenasfor records tied to funding for several Trump Organization projects. 

The state's top legal officer opened a civil probe after Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen testified to Congress in a public hearing that Trump had inflated his assets. Cohen at that time presented copies of financial statements he said had been provided to Deutsche Bank.

The bank is in the process of turning over documents, including emails and loan documents, related to Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC; the Trump National Doral Miami; the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago; and the unsuccessful effort to buy the NFL's Buffalo Bills.

A spokeswoman for Deutsche Bank declined to comment.

The bank is already the subject of a joint investigation between the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees into Trump's businesses 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Amongst a ridiculous litany of reasons on why he has to be beaten in November of 2020, this is one of them. He is awakening the worst and most heinous aspects of some of the people who live in our country. Through his tweets, propaganda rallies and public statements, he is adding fuel to the fire for people who do not need much in order to go off the deep end and commit some seriously horrific atrocities to show support for Dotard.

If you are a Republican and are still supporting him right now you are probably beyond help. You are on the wrong side of history and honestly you're just a fucked up human being at this juncture if you don't grasp what supporting this narcissistic asshole means. You are actively helping prop up his message of hate and there is no possible defense you can provide other than you are frightened at the prospect of whites having to realize that those evil brown-skinned folks deserve to be treated as equals in all aspects of our society. You are more/less the equivalent of the white South Africans (not all) from the late 80's who trudged forward fighting a hopeless and thankfully doomed cause and you will get exactly what you deserve for doing so. 

Sure but @Iconoclast Texan‘s taxes went down and investments are up sooo?

Here's a question:  My mother posted some fake news dipshittery on Facebook about Nancy Pelosi having a "In God We Trust" sign removed from above the house chamber entrance.  It's from this website, which clearly states that it is "Satire for Flat Earthers, Trumpsters and Y'all Qeada", yet she posts it as the God's honest truth.  I feel that this is a problem with the olds...they just post whatever comes up without bothering to check if it's true or not, but I digress.

Do you call her on this bullshit and tell her that it's fucking fake...which is the language that I am very tempted to use...or just leave her alone to spread her bullshit amongst her 48 followers?

16 minutes ago, Gooby said:

Here's a question:  My mother posted some fake news dipshittery on Facebook about Nancy Pelosi having a "In God We Trust" sign removed from above the house chamber entrance.  It's from this website, which clearly states that it is "Satire for Flat Earthers, Trumpsters and Y'all Qeada", yet she posts it as the God's honest truth.  I feel that this is a problem with the olds...they just post whatever comes up without bothering to check if it's true or not, but I digress.

Do you call her on this bullshit and tell her that it's fucking fake...which is the language that I am very tempted to use...or just leave her alone to spread her bullshit amongst her 48 followers?

I hate it when mothers are fucking idiots.

36 minutes ago, Gooby said:

A daily question we all ask ourselves.

59 minutes ago, Gooby said:

Yes, you call her on her bullshit, but you take a softer approach.  You call her and when you broach the subject, you start chuckling and letting her know how funny you thought the post was and how you're glad she can still appreciate this brand of humor and satire.  Let her react and then ask, you didn't think that was real, did you?   From there, you can have a discussion about it, as robust as you two feel, but you end with when you post ridiculous and absurd falsities, you can be part of the joke or you can be the joke, you decide.  A lot of olds still remember the Mark Twain adage about keeping silent rather than removing all doubt about being a fool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Counterpoint: "If I did anything wrong, why wasn't I removed?"

Just sayin'.

"The Senate is full of Republican political hacks who didn't do their job" is much easier to explain than "Impeachment was never even voted on."  And I say this as someone who has repeatedly said impeachment would probably be a bad political move for Democrats, although every day I move closer to the other side.

• Like 3

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

"The Senate is full of Republican political hacks who didn't do their job" is much easier to explain than "Impeachment was never even voted on."  And I say this as someone who has repeatedly said impeachment would probably be a bad political move for Democrats, although every day I move closer to the other side.

Americans aren't keen on nuance.

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, you call her on her bullshit, but you take a softer approach.  You call her and when you broach the subject, you start chuckling and letting her know how funny you thought the post was and how you're glad she can still appreciate this brand of humor and satire.  Let her react and then ask, you didn't think that was real, did you?   From there, you can have a discussion about it, as robust as you two feel, but you end with when you post ridiculous and absurd falsities, you can be part of the joke or you can be the joke, you decide.  A lot of olds still remember the Mark Twain adage about keeping silent rather than removing all doubt about being a fool.

And then, you just unfollow her. Speaking from experience, unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Americans aren't keen on nuance.

There's no nuance needed.  Partisan hacks protecting their own is something every American understands.  And yes, many will say that the impeachment is driven by Dem partisanship. And that is fine.  What we need to avoid is the corollary, "Even the partisan hack Dems in the House didn't think it was worthy of impeachment." 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

pretty much where i am.

i'm still not sure it's the "smart" long term move, but it's definitely looking like the "right" move right now.  i wanted them to start holding hearings to build up to impeachment, but they're blocking everything, so i have no idea what the move is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Here's what it boils down to:

If they don't begin an impeachment inquiry and continue on the path of investigating everything in the various committees, Trump will continue to stonewall, none of this will get the coverage it should in terms of quality nor quantity, and Trump will drive the narrative with his own talk about investigating the illegal investigators and accusations that his political opponents are treasonous. He will be on the attack, which is what he loves to do and when he is most politically successful.

If they begin an impeachment inquiry, they will have more power to compel cooperation and render Trump's obstructive efforts fruitless, and the exact same information that would be revealed by various seemingly unconnected committee investigations (absent any obstruction) will be centralized and compiled into one major narrative that sways people better than the alternative (think reading the entire Mueller report as a first impression vs. learning all of its contents as we did in drips and drabs over nearly two years), and will receive much more coverage. The Dems will drive the narrative and Trump will be on the defensive, which he absolutely hates and, more importantly, is absolutely horrible at.  The process itself will sway some more people. Not his base, but some of the dedicated bothsides centristy types and a lot people who just don't typically pay much attention to politics.

It will eventually result in a vote to impeach, and I have a very hard time imagining any House Dems, even those closer to the middle, voting against impeachment. Trump's overwhelming criminality and unfitness will render any "well I'm in a purple district and my voters are more conservative than San Franciscans" considerations irrelevant. So he'll be impeached and it will go to a Senate vote, in which the Republican senate will certainly continue to protect him. That's fine. Losing that vote can easily be framed in a positive light for the Democrats. All they have to do is make the case, which is overwhelming, and tell the American people "look at everything these people are willing to defend so that they can continue to destroy your health care and give even more of your tax dollars to billionaires."

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

At this point the only reason I keep from crossing that bridge is Mike Pence.